Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dear Bioware....from a Progression raider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Dear Bioware....from a Progression raider

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.07.2014 , 10:37 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by veSev View Post
Soon (tm) my friend, the date they listed for the Friday streams is Nov 21st for the Warrior/Knights.
I've no idea what the utlities are but if we will get one utility for both tanks and dps then it's still gonna be pointless to bring dps jugs in. They should make utilities tied to the spec so tanks will get something else from dps and they will both share cooldown and be stance dependent. jugs have already much less utility than other classes. Look at vanguards who can kite bosses in their dps spec. They're the off tanks, not jugs. I am not talking about dedicated special extra abilities but what almost, if not every, other dps class can do compared to juggs. We can't do anything. We can't even do proper off-tanking.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

veSev's Avatar


veSev
11.08.2014 , 02:55 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I've no idea what the utlities are but if we will get one utility for both tanks and dps then it's still gonna be pointless to bring dps jugs in. They should make utilities tied to the spec so tanks will get something else from dps and they will both share cooldown and be stance dependent. jugs have already much less utility than other classes. Look at vanguards who can kite bosses in their dps spec. They're the off tanks, not jugs. I am not talking about dedicated special extra abilities but what almost, if not every, other dps class can do compared to juggs. We can't do anything. We can't even do proper off-tanking.
So my understanding of your post is that we should have all our utilities tied to a spec, but our utilities are useless so it doesn't matter? While I am not debating that currently we are lacking in most areas in PvE content, but to say that we cant provide off-tanking is simply wrong given that we have the best CDs of any tank class. While we may not be able to kite, this is due to us requiring 4 meters to use the majority of our abilities. The similarity of kiting on a Vanguard vs. a Jugg would be the same thing as comparing a Vanguard vs Mara. We simply lack the distance to kite, and on this note I think most would agree that kiting and off-tanking are two completely different ideas.

holmeskywalkr's Avatar


holmeskywalkr
11.14.2014 , 07:55 PM | #223
So if I got it right we'll be capable of protect allies and boost their speed; we wont talk about the 5% buff on melee caus' mara/sents got it too, oh wait we win 1% on dots, worst class ever

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
11.15.2014 , 09:11 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by holmeskywalkr View Post
So if I got it right we'll be capable of protect allies and boost their speed; we wont talk about the 5% buff on melee caus' mara/sents got it too, oh wait we win 1% on dots, worst class ever
Talking about datamined content results in a ban.

It has also resulted in thread deletions in the past, and we dont want that happening here.

Please refrain from talking about 3.0 Info for Guards/Juggs until 21 November 2014, when the information is officially released.

Thank you.
Kwerty, Level 65 Vanguard/Powertech on The Harbinger

3.0 Guides: Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide
4.0 Guides: Advanced Prototype | Pyrotech

holmeskywalkr's Avatar


holmeskywalkr
11.16.2014 , 09:38 AM | #225
Ok Ronald Lauder

darth_psychose's Avatar


darth_psychose
11.19.2014 , 06:51 AM | #226
ldj is here, even in us forum .. we're are doomed

Kaos_KidSWTOR's Avatar


Kaos_KidSWTOR
11.19.2014 , 08:32 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Talking about datamined content results in a ban.

It has also resulted in thread deletions in the past, and we dont want that happening here.

Please refrain from talking about 3.0 Info for Guards/Juggs until 21 November 2014, when the information is officially released.

Thank you.
Or until the Dev Blog is released hopefully later today...

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
11.19.2014 , 12:16 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Or until the Dev Blog is released hopefully later today...
Don't give two *****. They'll reveal how they gave us awesome perfectly adequate buffs and the army of QQers will whine.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, The Black Swordsman of the Ebon Hawk, Beater #fedaracarrychist

Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!

All Pre 4.0 Content Cleared, 4.0 Content: 5/5 ToS - 5/5 Rav - 4/5 DF - 5/5 DP - 5/5 TFB - 4/4 EC - 5/7 SnV

<Aisthesis> <Shadow Council> <Tragic Heroes>

darth_psychose's Avatar


darth_psychose
11.23.2014 , 07:33 PM | #229
Quote:
Single Saber Mastery: Increases the damage dealt by your weapon by 20% and grants a bonus based on your currently active form:
Shii-Cho Form: Increases all Force damage dealt by 5%.
Shien Form: Increases all melee damage dealt by 5%.
Soresu Form: Increases melee and ranged defense by 3% and increases the threat generated by Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash by 30%
add to +6% via vigilance/vengeance tree for shien form tree (http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/591295635 at 1:33'48s ) means +25% weapon damage or i don't understand something ?