MMOs

shuffeli

Are there any new MMOs coming out this summer (not owerwatch if that even counts). Or have any came out this year? swtor is reaching the unfortunate point where it's becoming unbearable for a hardcore pvper like myself. So can anyone recommend a good pvp oriented pvp MMO?::(

Starforge has not seen any updates, as far as I can see, since November 2014, and the vast majority of the reviews on Steam are entertainingly (or depressingly) negative and seem to suggest that the game is just being used as a cash cow by the dev team.

For PvP, the titles that immediately come to my mind are Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, or the Wargaming titles World of Tanks and World of Warships. Granted, the two WG titles are very different to the style of PvP in a MMORPG, but then Planetside 2 is also more of a MMOFPS, albeit on a larger scale than Overwatch.

Black Desert Online is also a possibility, but I have not played it much and I found the PvP a bit unbalanced (not helped by the fact that I was probably very poor).

I heard there's going to be a Borderlands Online...too bad it's exclusive to China. D=

World of Warcraft releases a fancy new expansion pack in a few months.

I'm nearly ready to give up on MMOs to be honest.

MMO's wont get interesting again until the big money corporations lose interest...they are driving the money grab game design of the current day.

Back when MMO's did not have huge corporate money backing they were designed to be fun in hopes the game would make money based on inovation and solid design.

Edited by Soljin

SWTOR is becoming unbearable for any player at this moment, with the devs and execs they have right now.

Heard Starforge is actually pretty good.

Posts where people inexplicably think they speak for the masses are becoming pretty unbearable too.

Are there any new MMOs coming out this summer (not owerwatch if that even counts). Or have any came out this year? swtor is reaching the unfortunate point where it's becoming unbearable for a hardcore pvper like myself. So can anyone recommend a good pvp oriented pvp MMO?::(

I haven't heard of any MMO's coming out this summer, but if your looking to get some games and you are a fan of Steam they have their summer sale going on now until July 4.

I'm so glad that I'm coming from the solo offline RPG field, and from the adventure games field ( Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis ) originally. I can retreat to that any time I want to.

Oh, yes, and POE GOTY Edition waits for me ! :D

My minecraft server is coming back and that's gonna be a blast. If you RP and like minecraft, PM me, because it's always been mature and we don't come up with our own characters and stuff but we RP our "nations" and whatnot.

North Korea best Korea.

~ Eudoxia

For pvp GW2 & ESO come to mind.

They both have large-scale open world pvp which is where I spend most of my time tbh. I haven't played GW2 since before they released the latest exp pack so I can't speak for that, but in addition to the owpvp they also have instanced pvp (like wz), leagues, ranked, etc. etc. ESO does not, and the only pvp is within the cyrodil map or within the imperial city area.

The large scale battles in both are awesome, but it's also a blast just going around solo or in small group and getting into fights with the other teams.

GW2 doesn't even have a sub model, and ESO does but for pvp it is not required. I bought the imp city dlc ($20 iirc) and don't pay the sub but I still have full access to everything I care about so it works out. The bulk of the content they release is pve stuff and none of it has been required, like you will not be missing out if you don't have access.

I've never actually played it because I'm not into PvP or group play in general....

(Solo RPG/adventure console gamer here :D )

But isn't there a PvP focused game based on the "legacy of Kain" series? I seem to remember getting it when I bought the soul reaver collection on steam, but never even installed it after I saw it was strictly PvP with no story.

I'm so glad that I'm coming from the solo offline RPG field, and from the adventure games field ( Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis ) originally. I can retreat to that any time I want to.

Oh, yes, and POE GOTY Edition waits for me ! :D

omg. was it your first game as well? (cause that was the game that is THE reason I'm still a gamer today :p) but I digress

not sure about pvp side of it, but I picked up secret world again, and they did a LOT of rebalancing there. it plays much nicer now, for me. plus - they are having a ridiculously awesome sale where you get the game with all DLC's so far included for $24 https://buy.thesecretworld.com/ (complete edition is what you want, and free trial should give a general idea of a game)

not a new game, obviously, but.. an MMO with pvp potential, so.

Not PvP-orientated --that I can see- but I have high hopes for this, assuming there will be enough old-school depth and challenge to make up for the (again, apparent) lack of PvP-focus.

http://pantheonmmo.com/?gclid=CKyht6XC0M0CFZRlfgodff0ChA

E:

Alpha-stage game play video from devs. Shades of EQ1, eh? Not that this is necessarily a bad thing as long as they've learnt from EQ1's mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dgUc-auwI

Edited by midianlord

there is a game call Black Desest online after you buy it total sub free. they have few video that tell you about the game, also you should know this is all PVP

I want to try BDO just for the graphics, but I need the money to basically start over on my computer first lol. My PC still runs five-year-old MMOs ok, but I think it would struggle just trying to play BDO on low settings.

We need a new term for games like that. P2A (Pay to Admire).

I advise you Skyforge, release in 2015

There was a balance in the beginning of 2016 making it more viable than it was at the launch of the game

Good group content and GvG.

There are large evolution possibilities, and it's not that easy.

Edited by narau

MMO's wont get interesting again until the big money corporations lose interest...they are driving the money grab game design of the current day.

Back when MMO's did not have huge corporate money backing they were designed to be fun in hopes the game would make money based on inovation and solid design.

You must be referencing some point before WoW, then. Multiple systems within World of Warcraft were intended purely to force a grind and limit player action, and, most of all, keep players going (because of the necessary grind, not fun). It can hardly be said that the "golden age" of MMOs was exempt from some of the same bad practices as today.

omg. was it your first game as well? (cause that was the game that is THE reason I'm still a gamer today :p) but I digress

not sure about pvp side of it, but I picked up secret world again, and they did a LOT of rebalancing there. it plays much nicer now, for me. plus - they are having a ridiculously awesome sale where you get the game with all DLC's so far included for $24 https://buy.thesecretworld.com/ (complete edition is what you want, and free trial should give a general idea of a game)

not a new game, obviously, but.. an MMO with pvp potential, so.

I will probably check TSW out again. I liked it alot back in the day. And since more then likely I will be dropping swtor soon. Tired of BWs ******** and mismanagement.

I really like a lot of the concepts in BDO; but I find myself PvEing a HELLLLL of a lot more than PvPing in that game when I tried it. Its a perma-grind. It's something you have to put up with though; with all of these Korean ports which some have great ideas for PvP and Sandbox.

I just started playing Riders of Icarus and supect I will run into a grind there as well. PvP is planned to be patched in with matchmaking, an PvP zone with flying mounts and all and even cross server was mentioned but so far; its just talk. This game talked big in the beginning too, you know.

ESO keeps getting better but believe it or not; they release updates with a lot more bugs than this one and PvP Has lagged like hell since just a month or 2 after launch. If they ever get that sorted (and they continually are doing things showing apparent effort) it could some day be great.