Combat Dummy Armor Info

KeyboardNinja

A quick scan failed to turn up this information, so I had to parse it out for myself. Posting here so that others can make use of it.

The armor ratings (in terms of DR%) of the combat dummies are as follows:

• Operations Training Target Mk5: 35%
  • Combat Training Target Mk5: 20%
  • Combat Training Target (level 10): 5%

Interestingly enough, BioWare has stated in the past that the Operations Training Target has the same armor rating as a raid boss, which provides a nice baseline for DPS theory crafters.

A quick scan failed to turn up this information, so I had to parse it out for myself. Posting here so that others can make use of it.

The armor ratings (in terms of DR%) of the combat dummies are as follows:

• Operations Training Target Mk5: 35%
  • Combat Training Target Mk5: 20%
  • Combat Training Target (level 10): 5%

Interestingly enough, BioWare has stated in the past that the Operations Training Target has the same armor rating as a raid boss, which provides a nice baseline for DPS theory crafters.

hm, i did some testing on the Operations Training Target Mk5.

and with shii-cho mastery + (30%ap) my force crush (constant kinetic damage ) ticks for 392. and for 351 without it. so i get an 11.7% damage increase.

that translates into 39% reduction from armor (since 30% of 39%= 11.7%)

so either shio-cho mastery gives more then 30% ap or the dummy has 39% armor damage reduction

of course in both cases i had shii-cho form on, so the +3% extra damage had no impact on the calculation.

Edited by Quantemoq

• 3 weeks later...

Armor pen has increasing returns so 30% armor pen does not mean 30% extra damage which is where your mistake lies.

Im doing this on my phone I i can't tell you the actual numbers here, but the way to calculate if his numbers are correct are to use the armor to dr equation to find the predicted armor value for his dr %, then remove 30% and then plug that into the dr equation to see what the new dr gives you. which based on your numbers sound like it should be close to the ops values.

Edited by JakobobokaJ