Please remove bolster from ranked warzones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thalnar

The whole purpose of RANKED WARZONES is for people with higher gear to go and do ranked warzones vs people of like gear. there is no reason to have bolster in the highest tier of pvp, that defeats the purpose. now there is currently a bug which either you don't know about or YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT... and before you say anything like, we pay attention and try to fix all bugs.... thats some ******** bioware. theres bugs in this game from DAY 1. now this bug i refer to, is actually an exploit, players are wearing certain lower level relics which boost to levels HIGHER than those that are 248, and are doing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF EXTRA DAMAGE. item rating 50 relics in a ranked warzone that make damage outputs rediculously high, and therefor exploiting the game, either fix this bug, or ban anyone who uses these relics as they are cheating. they know its an exploit, and they do it anyway, and they are ruining ranked pvp for those of us who follow the rules. i'm getting tired of you guys taking our money then telling us to **** off if theres an issue. fix the *********** game, or you'll stop getting my money, and peoples money who are tired of your ignorance. theres some ****** games coming out soon, and if you don't step up your game and make this one right, people will be leaving in droves. and you'll have only yourselves to blame. Edited by Thalnar

So you need to ban all sage/sorc healers who used the selfheal bug in ranked until patch 5.6.1, too :)....:p

There are a lot of issues...

- Stealth trolling until acid

- Balancing

- Charge bugs

- buggy arenas

- now relic/bolster bug

Bioware let it happen so there are and will be people who try to abuse such bugs/exploit in order to win...

Such things are annyoing and only BW can fix this....

the Question in the end is:

Are you really a good PvPer if you need to abuse a fotm line up or a bug to win? ;)

The whole purpose of RANKED WARZONES is for people with higher gear to go and do ranked warzones vs people of like gear. there is no reason to have bolster in the highest tier of pvp, that defeats the purpose. now there is currently a bug which either you don't know about or YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT... and before you say anything like, we pay attention and try to fix all bugs.... thats some ******** bioware. theres bugs in this game from DAY 1. now this bug i refer to, is actually an exploit, players are wearing certain lower level relics which boost to levels HIGHER than those that are 248, and are doing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF EXTRA DAMAGE. item rating 50 relics in a ranked warzone that make damage outputs rediculously high, and therefor exploiting the game, either fix this bug, or ban anyone who uses these relics as they are cheating. they know its an exploit, and they do it anyway, and they are ruining ranked pvp for those of us who follow the rules. i'm getting tired of you guys taking our money then telling us to **** off if theres an issue. fix the *********** game, or you'll stop getting my money, and peoples money who are tired of your ignorance. theres some ****** games coming out soon, and if you don't step up your game and make this one right, people will be leaving in droves. and you'll have only yourselves to blame.

Write the same thread in bug report and send a message to Keith. Sometimes it works

You said item rating 50, but did you maybe mean lvl 50 relics? Are these specific unobtainable old relics or would any relic of low rating work? I ask because there are those junk (46) relics that you get for the intro mission of PVP, and I am quite certain they only bind on equip, so you should be able to easily counter the bug by using it, then the only unfair thing about it would be the fact that is unknown to people, which is solved by time and general chat.

Yes, I know it is no excuse and the bug needs to be fixed, but in the meantime, if possible let's use a temporary solution rather than be taken advantage of...

The dps output of wind relics (the ones that bolster stupid) are only slightly better in dps output over 248s. For healers who have good uptime 248s are better. If you go parse with both sets you will notice they are extremely comparable.

These relics are comparable and tbh it’s a good thing. That means new players don’t have to spend hours on grinding for relics but just buy them on the gtn for 100k relics and be set. One less thing to spend billions of coms on.

You said item rating 50, but did you maybe mean lvl 50 relics? Are these specific unobtainable old relics or would any relic of low rating work? I ask because there are those junk (46) relics that you get for the intro mission of PVP, and I am quite certain they only bind on equip, so you should be able to easily counter the bug by using it, then the only unfair thing about it would be the fact that is unknown to people, which is solved by time and general chat.

Yes, I know it is no excuse and the bug needs to be fixed, but in the meantime, if possible let's use a temporary solution rather than be taken advantage of...

Basically what this guy said, except I believe OP is referring to the wind crystal relics. Also from my experience dps is slightly lower with the wind relics (less variability tho).

Edited by LeglessChair

***Hypothetically***

WHAT IF? Every body should be on the same level. Walk into pvp ranked or group, and every one has equal stats. Now the match will no doubt last for a while, but when the smoke clears, there is only one standing. That one wins it for their team. So this is how we can make it go a little faster.

Make it where every player gets (these are just example numbers) 12 hit points and 5 blocked moves. That means you can block attaches up to 5 times. Now if your good with your class abilities, then you can chip away at those 12 hit points of your enemy/s and still have your blocks if needed and the other guy has used his blocks up... So he will be dead in no time flat, making the match go fairly fast. Now if you are ganged up on, sure you have 5 blocks but 3 or more players has dwindle those blocks real fast and your dead. Making the match even faster.

You'll still have your class abilities, but they all have a small amount of damage, nothing like they do now. So lets say top damage would depend on the one ability that dose the most damage, 3hp of damage is top. Then that ability would be done cant use it no more that match. Next strongest would do 2hp, and same thing, it can only be used once per match. Weaker abilities us -50hp to -75 to 1hp. 1hp abilities you get two uses then its done. It is the -50 & -75hp abilities you can use threw out the whole match (reason for this is to keep the top damage abilities from being spammed). So this means? Use your block abilities wisely, and you may survive with your team or be the last man standing and bring your team to victory. (block abilities will have to be invented first for every class) (all numbers are just examples)

So No Bolsters, or gear stats, But please, Still wear gear any way, no Nude fighters, there is kids playing too, Ok? lol

I mean if the devs can develop a pvp system like that. It would finally be equally fair for all. Because the gearing system now sucks. If you have the time to put in, then you can have the top gear and kick butt. But if you dont have that kinda time and you using lower grade gear and you want to pvp, you get you butt kicked or in rank you get gripped at for having crappy gear. I think a system like this is the way to go. The devs would work it to make sense way better then me but they should get the idea. I mean you dont have to worry about balance in pvp if every one was equal.

I even think with a well implemented system similar to the Hypothetical idea above, there be no reason why we couldnt have a rank & unrank 1 vs 1 pvp match for top DAWG. Wouldn't that be nice? :D

P.S. Solo pvp will still work with geared stats. or as they are right now.

Just a Hypo is all. Let the discussion begin.

Edited by Sith-Viscera

Not sure if to take it seriously or not, so I will ask you a question before judging: "What about dots? aoes? range vs melee?"

The devs would work it to make sense way better then me but they should get the idea.

That is what i meant when i said that above. They would take all that in and work it out. I just gave a Really ROUGH Draft idea. I doubt they even see this so. But if they did and thought about something like this they'll figure that out.

Hell, i couldnt tell you how DoTs works now so. Leave it to the devs. :o

The whole purpose of RANKED WARZONES is for people with higher gear to go and do ranked warzones vs people of like gear. there is no reason to have bolster in the highest tier of pvp, that defeats the purpose.

Usually people who queue in ranked either want more challenging matches, or want to show off how good they are and get really really angry about people who are messing with their ranking...

I've never ever seen anybody queueing for ranked because they wanted to "fight equally equipped people" - if you have top tier you're still better off than anyone who needs bolster, not much but you are...

screaming in frustration because of it? probably a l2p issue and some people with bolster kicked you in the leg :p

PS: also the only real "exploit" there is for the wind relic is the extra amount of HP - and if you don't like it buy them or craft them yourself.

It's Artifice and so low, you only need to craft 15 components or so until you have the required level.

Used to use them for it, then switched back to 248 since they perform slightly better and the extra 3k health or so wasn't worth it.

Simple solution: Put a limit on what augs can be put into gear, within a certain range of the gear.

Example: Only let tier 1-3 augs be put into tier 1 relics.

Augs aren't bolstered. If we limit the augs that can be put into gear, people wouldn't be able to cheese as much, because they'd constantly have to decide if using that weirdly bolstered piece of gear is worth losing a good aug.

New players can still use a level 10 relic to lean on while they gear up. Granked stays "gear competitive", a core mechanic of the progression of mmos like swtor. Crafters sell a larger variety of items.

Everybody wins.

Usually people who queue in ranked either want more challenging matches, or want to show off how good they are and get really really angry about people who are messing with their ranking...

I've never ever seen anybody queueing for ranked because they wanted to "fight equally equipped people" - if you have top tier you're still better off than anyone who needs bolster, not much but you are...

screaming in frustration because of it? probably a l2p issue and some people with bolster kicked you in the leg :p

PS: also the only real "exploit" there is for the wind relic is the extra amount of HP - and if you don't like it buy them or craft them yourself.

It's Artifice and so low, you only need to craft 15 components or so until you have the required level.

Used to use them for it, then switched back to 248 since they perform slightly better and the extra 3k health or so wasn't worth it.

Lol...3k extra health? I'm seeing people in under 220 gear with over 150k health who do over 600k damage in a match that doesn't grant any CXP because it ended so quickly...

Lol...3k extra health? I'm seeing people in under 220 gear with over 150k health who do over 600k damage in a match that doesn't grant any CXP because it ended so quickly...

Last time I checked there is no possibility to "inspect player" inside a match, even if he is a member of the same faction. How exactly are you certain that they had 220 gear? If your answer is inspecting in the fleet, I know a few people who avoid walking with their PVP gear outside of matches, because they don't want people to see how they gear. It is odd, but it exists. Some people feel like math geniuses and don't wanna share their opinion about crit/pow balance willingly or unwillingly. What they do is to switch the gear while waiting for match to begin, and switch back when it ends (if out of combat, else they just gotta be fast on fleet). Or are you saying these people were in your group?

I bought these relics and used them on my operative who had unaugmented 230 relics. It increased DPS by less than 200 (not perfomance-wise, tooltip-wise. Tooltips don't lie about stats), crit by less than 4% (less than 4% is still kinda lot, but remember it is compared to 230, not 248), and increased hp by 2.1k. The fact that rating 50 > rating 230 is stupid, but isn't game breaking or an exploit, especially since these relics are easy to acquire. At first I thought you were referring to the old battlemaster relics or some other no longer accessible item, but if everyone can "cheat", it isn't a cheat really, as long as it gets known more publically.

Last time I checked there is no possibility to "inspect player" inside a match, even if he is a member of the same faction. How exactly are you certain that they had 220 gear? If your answer is inspecting in the fleet, I know a few people who avoid walking with their PVP gear outside of matches, because they don't want people to see how they gear. It is odd, but it exists. Some people feel like math geniuses and don't wanna share their opinion about crit/pow balance willingly or unwillingly. What they do is to switch the gear while waiting for match to begin, and switch back when it ends (if out of combat, else they just gotta be fast on fleet). Or are you saying these people were in your group?

I bought these relics and used them on my operative who had unaugmented 230 relics. It increased DPS by less than 200 (not perfomance-wise, tooltip-wise. Tooltips don't lie about stats), crit by less than 4% (less than 4% is still kinda lot, but remember it is compared to 230, not 248), and increased hp by 2.1k. The fact that rating 50 > rating 230 is stupid, but isn't game breaking or an exploit, especially since these relics are easy to acquire. At first I thought you were referring to the old battlemaster relics or some other no longer accessible item, but if everyone can "cheat", it isn't a cheat really, as long as it gets known more publically.

It’s possible they were on his same team as he didn’t say they weren’t.

Where do you get the relics. Normally I don’t bother with things like this because Bioware fixes them before they become too wide spread. But I’m seeing more and more people using the relics and I prefer an even battlefield.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve not found them in my Artifice schematics. Is it an old one that isn’t available anymore?

Lvl 10 relic that requires wind crystals to make them, trainer gives you the blue schematic, then you just need the proc for the purple one. Shouldn't take more than 3 for each that you need to destroy and costs like 10k per relic or so, really really cheap. So dunno what all the fuzz is about...

also 150k health - definitely not from the relics, I have 130k now in full 248 with 236 augments, with windrelics I had 135k health with buffs, but it's possible those people use 246 mods and enhancements that give more endurance.

2 things to that:

246 stuff isn't getting bolstered so what you see is what you get.

and those people are sacrificing other stats like crit/mastery to get more HP.

If you're happy with your crit on 40% or so instead of 45, I guess more HP makes sense - but if you're trying to say the 2 relics bolster you to 20k hp more you're delusional :p

Edit: the 220 gear is the number it shows on top if you have full 248 stuff with only the 2 wind relics equipped, that's your total gear level then. Which when they really use 246 mods that give more to endurance would also explain why they are lower than 220 :p

Edited by funnypat

Lvl 10 relic that requires wind crystals to make them, trainer gives you the blue schematic, then you just need the proc for the purple one. Shouldn't take more than 3 for each that you need to destroy and costs like 10k per relic or so, really really cheap. So dunno what all the fuzz is about...

also 150k health - definitely not from the relics, I have 130k now in full 248 with 236 augments, with windrelics I had 135k health with buffs, but it's possible those people use 246 mods and enhancements that give more endurance.

2 things to that:

246 stuff isn't getting bolstered so what you see is what you get.

and those people are sacrificing other stats like crit/mastery to get more HP.

If you're happy with your crit on 40% or so instead of 45, I guess more HP makes sense - but if you're trying to say the 2 relics bolster you to 20k hp more you're delusional :p

Edit: the 220 gear is the number it shows on top if you have full 248 stuff with only the 2 wind relics equipped, that's your total gear level then. Which when they really use 246 mods that give more to endurance would also explain why they are lower than 220 :p

So they only get the “wind” monicker once they’ve been reversed?

I’ve not got a full set of 246 gear yet, so I’ll only use these relics till I get some 246 ones.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

***Hypothetically***

WHAT IF? Every body should be on the same level. Walk into pvp ranked or group, and every one has equal stats. Now the match will no doubt last for a while, but when the smoke clears, there is only one standing. That one wins it for their team. So this is how we can make it go a little faster.

Make it where every player gets (these are just example numbers) 12 hit points and 5 blocked moves. That means you can block attaches up to 5 times. Now if your good with your class abilities, then you can chip away at those 12 hit points of your enemy/s and still have your blocks if needed and the other guy has used his blocks up... So he will be dead in no time flat, making the match go fairly fast. Now if you are ganged up on, sure you have 5 blocks but 3 or more players has dwindle those blocks real fast and your dead. Making the match even faster.

You'll still have your class abilities, but they all have a small amount of damage, nothing like they do now. So lets say top damage would depend on the one ability that dose the most damage, 3hp of damage is top. Then that ability would be done cant use it no more that match. Next strongest would do 2hp, and same thing, it can only be used once per match. Weaker abilities us -50hp to -75 to 1hp. 1hp abilities you get two uses then its done. It is the -50 & -75hp abilities you can use threw out the whole match (reason for this is to keep the top damage abilities from being spammed). So this means? Use your block abilities wisely, and you may survive with your team or be the last man standing and bring your team to victory. (block abilities will have to be invented first for every class) (all numbers are just examples)

So No Bolsters, or gear stats, But please, Still wear gear any way, no Nude fighters, there is kids playing too, Ok? lol

I mean if the devs can develop a pvp system like that. It would finally be equally fair for all. Because the gearing system now sucks. If you have the time to put in, then you can have the top gear and kick butt. But if you dont have that kinda time and you using lower grade gear and you want to pvp, you get you butt kicked or in rank you get gripped at for having crappy gear. I think a system like this is the way to go. The devs would work it to make sense way better then me but they should get the idea. I mean you dont have to worry about balance in pvp if every one was equal.

I even think with a well implemented system similar to the Hypothetical idea above, there be no reason why we couldnt have a rank & unrank 1 vs 1 pvp match for top DAWG. Wouldn't that be nice? :D

P.S. Solo pvp will still work with geared stats. or as they are right now.

Just a Hypo is all. Let the discussion begin.

Expertise.

Then pve'ers cried cause two weeks of pvping was too hard.

PvP isn't supposed to be about gear. Gear progression in PvP should be 100% horizontal, all about the tradeoffs you make between the stats, not what tier they are.

The vertical progression in ranked PvP should be in what titles everyone gets and what shiny things can be bought at the end of the season with tokens.

PvP isn't supposed to be about gear. Gear progression in PvP should be 100% horizontal, all about the tradeoffs you make between the stats, not what tier they are.

The vertical progression in ranked PvP should be in what titles everyone gets and what shiny things can be bought at the end of the season with tokens.

you're playing a mmo rpg gear will always remain relevant in this, if you dont like it then i suggest trying other genres like mobas

you're playing a mmo rpg gear will always remain relevant in this, if you dont like it then i suggest trying other genres like mobas

This is a generalization, which assumes all MMOs follow same rules. Not all MMOs should be the same in all aspects.

The lvl sync on all planets, for example, was a daring move to essentially kill the possibility of solo ganking. You don't see those (as far as I know) in other MMOs who don't care about the solo ganking possibility. The bolsters and the lvl syncs give the impression that beside MM PVE content (and VM ops), the intent is that gear will be irrelevant except for what ALaggyGrunt called "horizontal progression". Like it or not (and personally I actually like it), this is the direction SWTOR seems to go, differently from other MMOs.