It is time for BIOWARE to balance PVP with real purpose

Amunra-amunray

CREATE Class specific pvp Melle v Melle only Range v Range only

Create a solo unranked Queue no groups allowed.

Create Group unranked queue no solo allowed

Duel Warzones

Ranked stays the same

or

If one team is gueing as a group then they can only fight against a team that has an equal balance of players on the opposite or it does not pop

The idea that two four man teams can queue as a raid group and farm new players will hurt your new player base! and cause people to refuse from subsribing in essense costing Bioware money, and we know bioware wants to make money more than conent... or at least your reusing old blueprints and changing the mobs and decos

We need pvp to be seriously overhauled and truly balanced for all who wish to play the game not just Elite Bullies with no patience farming people trying to train for pvp skill.

Edited by Amunra-amunray
Added more information

When I queue my Guardian, I do my best to carry pubs, and earn medals. But we lose, and no-matter how hard I fought, I am rewarded the same as an AFK player. That's why I PvP my Jug in premades. Even so, my Jug has not been viable in Ranked for over a year.

• 4 weeks later...
CREATE Class specific pvp Melle v Melle only Range v Range only

Create a solo unranked Queue no groups allowed.

Create Group unranked queue no solo allowed

Duel Warzones

Ranked stays the same

or

If one team is gueing as a group then they can only fight against a team that has an equal balance of players on the opposite or it does not pop

The idea that two four man teams can queue as a raid group and farm new players will hurt your new player base! and cause people to refuse from subsribing in essense costing Bioware money, and we know bioware wants to make money more than conent... or at least your reusing old blueprints and changing the mobs and decos

We need pvp to be seriously overhauled and truly balanced for all who wish to play the game not just Elite Bullies with no patience farming people trying to train for pvp skill.

Before you fix all the stuff above next week can you fix the bug on the Warzones where I fall through the map, it has only been 6 years

Before you fix all the stuff above next week can you fix the bug on the Warzones where I fall through the map, it has only been 6 years

Happened to me twice in the last 2 days. Leap, fall through the floor to death. It really sucks if you’re defending a node solo and it happens.

Another that’s been happening is random death in Odessen. A couple of times lately I’ve spawned, run and get about 50m and I die instantly from nothing. No players attacked me and I didn’t fall through or off something. It’s very bizarre

When I queue my Guardian, I do my best to carry pubs, and earn medals. But we lose, and no-matter how hard I fought, I am rewarded the same as an AFK player. That's why I PvP my Jug in premades. Even so, my Jug has not been viable in Ranked for over a year.

This is wierd. If reps always lose, why would you need to go premade with imps? According to what you said you should queue solo in empire and go premade with reps, then you would have balanced matches.

---

Generally support this thread, if there were no premades with pugs there would be less stomps, and some supposedly awesome players will have to start scoring huttballs without syncing 3 operatives. Cant implement ALL suggestions as the player base isn't big enough to seperate melee from ranged but if we want matchmaking inplemented we need to be rid of premades in regs anyway, so...

queue solo in empire and go premade with reps, then you would have balanced matches...

You should be able to play any faction with equal balance. the point is give solutions to players that are outside the normal. Only a select few of elites do not want the change cause the wanted the QUEUE to pop not caring how it is done. We need more options not less, and I do not mind waiting a bit longer on a QUEUE pop if it means there is no more 600 to 0 with a three cap in Alderaan.

This game is for all players not just dominate guilds with the best players....

Some of the suggestions listed by the OP are good, but the harsh reality (according to dev posts in the past) is that many of these will never go into effect, simply because they aren't willing to sacrifice fast queue activity.

Maybe consolidate them into fewer suggestions.

As far as the typical "if you don't like facing premades, make your own" response, it makes me wonder: "Why isn't your premade queuing for ranked pvp instead of regs?"

Another case of "mad cuz bad" perhaps?

The player base has broadened, don't be selfish about the game....

yes the player base have bradened, BUT the game is still designed around a pve story design and not a open pvp design.

If we look at what we actually have it makes zero sense.........if we disregard for a little the GSF and WZs ( and ranked pvp) we are left with a couple of contested areas, no longer genker infested I think............I stay away from the plague so I do not know.

In PVE alone we have a dueling option, this IS PVP, but with game mechanics different that in WZs.

Here you gear is not hurt, and you are down, but not dead.

So in stead of allowing the full monty on dueling which would make sense, they decided to make another pvp engine and mix up the two.......no wonder it is messed up.

However back to topic.....................ALL MMOS that are PVP ONLY have a lot of players for a month then dies.....

ALL MMOS that are PVE with a "side feature" PVP last for years, some even decades...............so to me this means PVE has a bigger player base than PVP.

Because I do not like arenas?

I can see this, however I hope you are not one of those that believe that this gives you any rights to make demands about win/lose gear, or skill in the PVP environment you have chosen......

it is THAT which is the main issue with swtor pvp.

THIS is why I avoid it if I can.....because I am not at all skilled in pvp, not even to the level where I can expect or even hope for a win, same goes with duels btw.

So becuse my lack of pvp skill, my lack of knowing ALL the "maps" and onjectives...and because I rarely if ever venture there I have yet to learn any of the maps.......and this is what the game intended.

It did not in any way intend for those unhappy with content to "have a right" above anyone else.

Now I do not think you fall into this category, or I hope you don't but it is these players that are the poison and it is becuse of these players and this "wrong" mindset wr have people that throw matches on purpose to make statements

As far as the typical "if you don't like facing premades, make your own" response, it makes me wonder: "Why isn't your premade queuing for ranked pvp instead of regs?"

Can't queue eight into an arena, or we would.

Not everyone has the hands or computer gear to play against elite players. It should be fun for more than just those not willing to make the change. Disney may make those changes once EA is taken out of the picture....

create class specific pvp melee vs melee only range v range only

create a solo unranked queue no groups allowed.

Create group unranked queue no solo allowed

duel warzones

ranked stays the same

or

if one team is gueing as a group then they can only fight against a team that has an equal balance of players on the opposite or it does not pop

the idea that two four man teams can queue as a raid group and farm new players will hurt your new player base! And cause people to refuse from subsribing in essense costing bioware money, and we know bioware wants to make money more than conent... Or at least your reusing old blueprints and changing the mobs and decos

we need pvp to be seriously overhauled and truly balanced for all who wish to play the game not just elite bullies with no patience farming people trying to train for pvp skill.

fixed it for you!

PVP and PVE gear requirements being different makes it very difficult for leveling players to be able to compete against elite players and large guilds. Accuracy should be required in PVP. Mastery should not be used to taint Bolster. 600 to 0 Civil Wars will continue until this change occurs.

yes the player base have bradened, BUT the game is still designed around a pve story design and not a open pvp design.

You right, but every Nerf has come from our pvp community, which as affected the larger pve design; to include but not limited to its operations. What we nerf here is not playable in pve(Hm - Nim ops), so how can there is no uproar on their behave is beyond me.. They dont even demand answers.. :) xd guess that makes us the 1% xd xd

I heard they hired 20 devs to fix PvP

Bolster hacking is what "alleged" elite players are doing and Imperial and Republic Bowling league are the major culprits of this fails in unranked pvp. Rarely do you see them in a real ranked match. It is important to provide them an 8 versus 8 options in Ranked pvp so as they will leave PVP trainees to learn and not be farmed....

Edited by Amunra-amunray