Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Vales
02.05.2012 , 03:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Bioware has totally gutted the hybrid tank/madnessDPS assassin build. It's pretty clear hybrid specs aren't intended if you read the patch notes for 1.1.2.
And yet it would have been easy to do it for all other classes in the same patch.
Which begs the question, did the whole BW team say this in some interview?
If not you are just speculating.
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:29 AM | #22
I'm not asking for a single skill or talent to be nerfed. I'm asking for them to be moved so you can't have your cake and eat it too with the hybrid 0/20/21 spec. In the long term it'll be better for sorcerers anyways since they won't have to balance around this "best of everything" hybrid spec. It gives you the option to play one of the two specs without feeling gimped for not going hybrid.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
And yet it would have been easy to do it for all other classes in the same patch.
Which begs the question, did the whole BW team say this in some interview?
If not you are just speculating.
The sorc hybrid spec is a different beast. The assassin spec revolved around stance dancing so all they had to do was make stance dancing impossible to get rid of the problem. The sorc hybrid doesn't rely on any such mechanic and as a result they'll need to move talents around while keeping the DPS of the two 31-point specs the same. Bioware also aren't making themselves known for all-encompassing changed. Just look at how they gradually nerfed biochem and gradually fixed extremely similar bugs. They're going very slowly and steadily with the fixes and changes.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Vales
02.05.2012 , 03:36 AM | #24
I never feeled gimped. Full Balance is strong in PvP and full healer as well, TK is fine as well.

Choosing hybrid means you have to give up big crits or other nice CC/Utility talents or decent healing.

You are simply wrong.

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:37 AM | #25
I never feeled gimped.

Choosing hybrid means you have to give up big crits or other nice CC talents or decent healing.
Don't blatantly lie. Going hybrid means you give up lackluster 31 point talents and some minor crit damage boosting talents. The hybrid spec is by far the best in both PvE and PvP. It's not intended, they just made the higher talents so unappealing in comparison to the lower talents that the hybrid is now the most popular spec.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Karqath
02.05.2012 , 03:39 AM | #26
@Calerie

Can you tell me another class who has ;

-Stun (4 sec)
-Knockback
-Never ending slow
- Good DPS + nice burst dmg too
-Buble (It can be on the player all the time)
-Speed buff
-Heal
-Do you need anything else ? (like a button to keel all the players in the warzone)

Topic owner tried to explain why sorc/sages have more advantage than the other classes and you are obviously playin sorc or sage cause defending blindly. In my server, sorc/sage population is more than %60-70, I can easily see 6-7 sorcerers in wz.So This overpopulated class doesn't need a nerf ? Are u still defending this class ?

Vales
02.05.2012 , 03:39 AM | #27
50% more crit damage on main damaging abilities is "minor"? Garantueed crit nuke is "minor"? 20% damage debuff for 30 seconds is "minor"? Another 2 second root with decent damage is "minor"? Instant Force Waves and free extra instant damage spells are "minor"
Sure thing bro, I visit you sometime on your planet.

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Karqath View Post
@Calerie

Can you tell me another class who has ;

-Stun (4 sec)
-Knockback
-Never ending slow
- Good DPS + nice burst dmg too
-Buble (It can be on the player all the time)
-Speed buff
-Heal
-Do you need anything else ? (like a button to keel all the players in the warzone)

Topic owner tried to explain why sorc/sages have more advantage than the other classes and you are obviously playin sorc or sage cause defending blindly. In my server, sorc/sage population is more than %60-70, I can easily see 6-7 sorcerers in wz.So This overpopulated class doesn't need a nerf ? Are u still defending this class ?
They don't need a nerf. What they need is better talent trees that aren't susceptible to abusive hybrid specs that cause the class to become overpowered through sheer utility and unintended talent combinations.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

islossk
02.05.2012 , 03:42 AM | #29
sorcs counter is a sentinal, a good sentinal with destroy a sorc in under 10 seconds

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:43 AM | #30
50% more crit damage on main damaging abilities is "minor"? Garantueed crit nuke is "minor"? 20% damage debuff for 30 seconds is "minor"? Another 2 second root with decent damage is "minor"? Instant Force Waves and free extra instant damage spells are "minor"
Sure thing bro, I visit you sometime on your planet.
Did you even look at the hybrid spec build I linked in the original post? It includes everything you mentioned except the +30% crit damage talent(which isn't as good as you try to make it seem by calling it a +50% crit damage talent).
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com