Cybertech - rather useless?

wakingavalon

I've been 50 for some time, and sitting at 400 Cybertech. After finally managing to RE blue armor/mods to get the purple schematics, I realized that they aren't even better than the ones easily obtained with Daily commendations/given for free (essentially) from the Belsavis dailies.

I would assume that the trainer-provided ear pieces are the same way (and while easier to get with Cybertech, not altogether worthwhile). I've got Epic ship upgrades, I don't care about Droid parts, etc.

I managed to get a really nice schematic in Eternity Vault for an earpiece and the finished product is not only BoP (so I can't make any money off of the schematic), but not useful in any way to my class. Of course.

I'm really considering dropping Cybertech. Why shouldn't I?

Edited by wakingavalon

You certainly can if you want. Though personally I've been making a killing off Cybertech by selling the epic spaceship parts on the GTN. I sell them for 40k each and it costs me just a fraction for the materials. This has provided me with a very steady profit. After just several days, I'm about to hit 2 million credits almost entirely because of this strategy. Though I'm sure this will vary by server and faction.

And if you look around, aside from Biochem, just about every crafting skill has its own share of complainers. So the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And if you switch crafts, you'll likely want to switch all your gathering skills as well. Not sure it's really worth it when I'm sure Bioware will be improving upon the crew skills.

Edited by Painaid