Don Meredith was right

OlBuzzard

Turn out the lights .... the party's over!

Old Gmail account for WoW: reactivated

Cataclysm disk: reloaded

Account update: initialized

Latest XP: purchased

Current status of SWTOR account: unknown. Unable to play game due to graphics bug. (See appropriate forum for details). No response from inquiries. (either unable to respond or unwilling to respond).

Standing by to initiate final decision.

I actually tried wow this week and I don't see how it's as big as it is. It's garbage.

I mean for all of SWTOR's flaws, at least the combat feels smooth and responsive while everything in WoW just feels antiquated, slow, and clunky.

Have you tried GW2? That is the only MMO that really kept me away from swtor for a while

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

One of the best QB's that Dallas Cowboys ever had ... aside from Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. (Yeah ... I'm really showing my age here!

And Dandy Don wasn't a bad color guy either, when he could play off of Faultless Frank and Humble Howard. :)

[good lord, really showing my age there]

I actually tried wow this week and I don't see how it's as big as it is. It's garbage.

I mean for all of SWTOR's flaws, at least the combat feels smooth and responsive while everything in WoW just feels antiquated, slow, and clunky.

Have you tried GW2? That is the only MMO that really kept me away from swtor for a while

I cant say that I have.

BTW: I would prefer that I could still play the game. But due to a graphics bug I can't. I did post some detailed information in the appropriate forum. But there has been no real answer. Another player suggested messing with the INI files ... that's not going to happen. Everything was fine prior to the latest release. I was able to enjoy the game with all of the graphics on the "high" setting. But for whatever reason those can no longer be changed (for some of us). Please see the post in the "BUG" forums.

It should also be noted that I did enjoy the KotFE section. It was fine. But when this sort of thing occurs there is simply nothing I can do.

When it is obvious that things occur that I can not change then I must make decisions that deal with those changes to the best of my ability.

I hope to one day return to the game.

Besides: I recently re-connected to a couple of old friends we use to game with back in the old SFC (Star Fleet Command ) days!

Hopefully a part of the game one day will include repeatable instances or quests that we can play with those friends once again!

Oh well ... perhaps one day!

But for now I just forked over $50 to Blizzard ... I'll see what shakes out!

And Dandy Don wasn't a bad color guy either, when he could play off of Faultless Frank and Humble Howard. :)

[good lord, really showing my age there]

YUP ! Dandy Don was in fact Don Meredith !

:D

hehehehe !!

Me thinks we're BOTH giving away our age!

:eek:

Edited by OlBuzzard

well to be fair wows new xpac the bosses have set loot tables but its RNG what drops for you off said boss.. Could be the one trinket you needed off that boss could be nothing could be the same helm you've had for 2 months lol

But wow is for sure the far better MMO only problem i've had with wow is it starts to feel like a job after awhile depending on your guild of course.

well to be fair wows new xpac the bosses have set loot tables but its RNG what drops for you off said boss.. Could be the one trinket you needed off that boss could be nothing could be the same helm you've had for 2 months lol

But wow is for sure the far better MMO only problem i've had with wow is it starts to feel like a job after awhile depending on your guild of course.

It's definitely far superior as far as raiding goes.

I was more talking about the RnG legendary drops. You can go on the forums and see countless threads complaining about it.

It's definitely far superior as far as raiding goes.

I was more talking about the RnG legendary drops. You can go on the forums and see countless threads complaining about it.

Oh ya lol my hunter has 3 and my frost dk has the ****** *** Magnum Opus lol my frost dk being my main... I'm with you there its a dumb system. However not as dumb as galactic command.

Yes they have RNG of like 10 items for a raidboss loot drops, where it drops like 2 or 3 pieces. But you can be sure it is those pieces that drops, it doesn't drop jawa craps and an empty shell of an item.

I played WoW recently. It's boring solo compared to TOR, however, it's combat feels the same as TOR, so I don't see how it feels less smooth or responsive.

I heard someone say once that after people try a new MMO and decide they don't like it, they usually gravitate back to whatever MMO they've spent the most time on in the past. This usually means WoW, simply because of how long it's been around. So there's a certain amount of inertia there.