Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish BioWare understood just how frustrating it is to not be able to complete a set of Codex entries for a given planet or category. The game was sold, in part, because of story - yet one of the very mechanisms used to tell that story has been broken from the very start.

Game Update 1.2 focused on providing features that required you to run the game over & over again, with different characters, ensuring a revenue stream instead of an enjoyable experience for those of us who can't afford to take that time. Game Update 1.3 now promises even more of the same. When, exactly, does BioWare finish the portions of the game they originally shipped, instead of providing "hamster wheel" gimmicks? Missing & broken Codex entries are important to me - maybe not important to others, perhaps, but I'm a completionist by nature. I want to finish something in this darned game without having get a CSR involved or without having to cruise the forums to see where this thing or that thing is bugged.

I wish BioWare understood just how frustrating it is to not be able to complete a set of Codex entries for a given planet or category. The game was sold, in part, because of story - yet one of the very mechanisms used to tell that story has been broken from the very start.

Game Update 1.2 focused on providing features that required you to run the game over & over again, with different characters, ensuring a revenue stream instead of an enjoyable experience for those of us who can't afford to take that time. Game Update 1.3 now promises even more of the same. When, exactly, does BioWare finish the portions of the game they originally shipped, instead of providing "hamster wheel" gimmicks? Missing & broken Codex entries are important to me - maybe not important to others, perhaps, but I'm a completionist by nature. I want to finish something in this darned game without having get a CSR involved or without having to cruise the forums to see where this thing or that thing is bugged.

Would be nice if the developers would at least speak about the issue.

Edited by Twolightsabers

I agree. I'm a completionist too and its quite disappointing that the codex, which was hyped pre-launch as big feature to follow the story and lore has been ignored like this. Unfortunately knowing that there are always going to be so many incomplete entries makes me lose motivation to find the entries that do exist.

And titles were and still are a big draw for me. I like collecting them and displaying them and its so disappointing that more than 6 months after launch, most of the planet titles are still not available. For all the talk of how the new community team will do their best to communicate better, its frankly quite unfortunate that this issue has been ignored. I guess, cause this thread isn't 200 pages long of back and forth trolling.

Heck, I would even prefer a "We don't have any plans to address the codex currently" post.

Ord Mantell - Fort Garnik - Refugees of War

In refugee camp, next to Yael. Location [X,Y]: 240, 58

Ord Mantell - Avilatan's Rest Cantina - Ruled by Corruption

Received when completing the Republic Roulette mission. Location [X,Y]: 71, 67

Ord Mantell - Talloran Central Warehouse - Smuggling 101 (Smuggler)

Received during the mission Hungry for Information series.

Mannett Point Medical Center - Split by Rebellion

Received with the Victims of War quest update. Location [X,Y]: 741, 442

Ord Mantell - Oradam Peninsula - Underworld Influences

Have the droid destroy the spice in Buying Loyalty mission. Location [X,Y]: -321, -471

I agree. I'm a completionist too and its quite disappointing that the codex, which was hyped pre-launch as big feature to follow the story and lore has been ignored like this. Unfortunately knowing that there are always going to be so many incomplete entries makes me lose motivation to find the entries that do exist.

And titles were and still are a big draw for me. I like collecting them and displaying them and its so disappointing that more than 6 months after launch, most of the planet titles are still not available. For all the talk of how the new community team will do their best to communicate better, its frankly quite unfortunate that this issue has been ignored. I guess, cause this thread isn't 200 pages long of back and forth trolling.

Heck, I would even prefer a "We don't have any plans to address the codex currently" post.

I've put a post in the CS forum about it.

Their response is that it's "a very low-priority issue" ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=422824

links to the thread.

The 7th for Republic on Balmorra seems like it would be "Imperial Military on Balmorra". It's a box at the entrance to the republic base in Bugtown right next to a commendations vendor. You can collect it, but it looks like the entry does not show up in my Codex currently. I have all the other lore entries for Balmorra on the Republic side.

Aieranda, the same happend to me. But 2 days after finish Balmorra the codex is added (the entry), but there is no "picture" on it, just the text. Maybe somekind of bug.

I thought I'd chime in and say that I, too, am disappointed with how many lore/codex objects are bugged/missing, especially when it comes to titles. As a completionist and a Star Wars [story] nut myself, these things are basically like crack to me, and leaving them in the current state they are in is akin to forcing me to quit cold turkey. It saddens me that I'll never be able to get these items, even if I play through every advanced class for both Republic and Empire, alternating light and dark for each class.

It's funny how so many companies these days just don't seem to understand how to command loyalty, envying those like Valve, Blizzard, and Nintendo, when the answer is so obvious. Those companies produce consistently QUALITY games that aren't buggy, broken, or half-completed upon launch.

So as a message to EA on how to gain loyalty (and money) from their customers: You have to do the little things (but don't forget the big things either). This is such a clear example of a developer being forced to publish early by a publisher. Again, look at Valve, Blizzard, and Nintendo: when do they release a game? When it's FINISHED! Clearly this game wasn't finished when it was released, and now you have fans [understandably] upset and angered by issues that continue to go unresolved. EA, you have the resources, so there's no reason this game couldn't have been delayed a little while in order to perfect it, but no, just as was the case with Mass Effect 3, you rushed it out as early as possible in a mad dash for the cash, but now you're finding out it isn't sustainable, and it'll be the developer and fans who end up being screwed. Well, I know I'll think twice the next time I'm considering purchasing an EA game.

I want to add my 2 cents here. I ran around for hours on Tython trying to figure out what it was I missed.

I killed everything I could find, ran into every room, redid every heroic just thinking that maybe somehow those things were hidden away like that, and today I decided to search the internet to find out what I missed and I see this thread.

Bioware, you need to understand, it is NOT acceptable to ignore key features of a game that need to be fixed in order to introduce more content.

Part of the reason so many left is because so much of the game is still broken.

Please FIX it ASAP.

This needs to be severely bumped because as I read above, "very low priority"? Are you kidding?

And fix the 3/0 codex entries when you open that tab. It's under no categories.

As mentioned above, I'm also a completionist, but so much is missing from my codex log due to these issues/bugs. :(

This is what is know in the trade as "low hanging fruit". Assign a small team to get this fixed. Give them the ability to communicate with the right people and this would disappear as an issue in less than three months!

Come on! It's not like we are trying to get you to fix the Datacron jump issues here. Simply fix stuff that was in the game during the Beta tests... and some how got lost.

Hey, first off, thanks for making this page!

After I got to level 50 with my knight, I decided to go planet to planet and datacron/codex hunt. This site helped me avoid the bugged ones.

But, yesterday, I managed to get the Hero of Gorinth Canyon title on Balmorra. I got it by doing a Heroic 4 quest called Mandalorian Terror near Gorinth Outpost. You have to rescue captured locals from a Mandalorian outpost. Didn't even expect it to happen! I just handed in the quest, and poof! Title. :)

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your ongoing reports and keeping this thread updated with your findings.

There is a bit of new information about the codex today in the Community Q&A blog:

Talius-LH: Is there any plan in place for either re-implementing the removed codex entries and titles or removing them entirely from the codex?

Damion: The codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some those removed entries if it makes sense to do so.

Hope this helps out, and thanks for your patience!

Edit [Removed wrong quote, I was trying to quote the second prev post about the title in Balmorra.]

Apparently there are codex entries inside many heroics and flashpoints. I started going back to do heroics planet by planet to make sure to catch up on them. I haven't seen any listing of codex entries in FPs, Heroics and maybe even Ops. If anybody knows of one, please post. Most of the listings I have seen detail codex entries by planet (only).

Edited by TheIronMonkey

Hey, first off, thanks for making this page!

After I got to level 50 with my knight, I decided to go planet to planet and datacron/codex hunt. This site helped me avoid the bugged ones.

But, yesterday, I managed to get the Hero of Gorinth Canyon title on Balmorra. I got it by doing a Heroic 4 quest called Mandalorian Terror near Gorinth Outpost. You have to rescue captured locals from a Mandalorian outpost. Didn't even expect it to happen! I just handed in the quest, and poof! Title. :)

THANKS!! I was missing this to get Balmorra to 100% on my consular. Thanks again.

I have to say, I will have to go back and try to get the ones not on this list now that I've found it. I decided to see if anybody had done this when I went back and found out that they had fixed the codex for Hero of Gorinth Canyon.

I have tried a couple times to fill out my entries and have given up because Bioware has shown no interest in working on one of my favorite aspects to an MMO. It further frustrated me when they added "achievement mounts" that had nothing to do with codex entries nor achievements, but were just quests with rewards that were mounts. Quests that forced me to return to content I hadn't done for months just so I could get the mount when they could have actually looked at my codex entries and seen I'd done the content already. Hugely frustrating.

On a side note, somebody asked if there were codex entries in ops. There are quite a few in your codex logs under Epic Enemies. Also there may be more, but I remember finding a lore object that gave a codex entry in Explosive conflict. It's a clickable mining cart in the operation.

Wingmaw on Tython is bugged for me and so is Savrip on Ord Mantell. Oh and a Datacron on Courscant, says there are 6 in the Codex but all the guides say there are only five.

There is a datacron entry for using the matrix machine in the jedi temple. there are 5 datacron cubes plus this one which makes 6.