Rewarded for losing?

pitdingo

Why do you get xp and rewards for losing? Looks like the same amount of xp for winning or losing. Am i missing something? So, it does not matter if you try to win, just have fun, kill stuff and play like Rambo because it does not matter, everyone is a winner in the end.

Considering in an perfect world, you'd only win 50% of all games it'd suck to only get rewards for half the warzones you play. I think base rewards should be purely performance based with a moderate bonus for the winning team (as incentive to play to win, not stat pad.)

Why do you get xp and rewards for losing? Looks like the same amount of xp for winning or losing. Am i missing something? So, it does not matter if you try to win, just have fun, kill stuff and play like Rambo because it does not matter, everyone is a winner in the end.

If you are getting the same XP for both then you are clearly not playing the objective correctly. I get 12k XP for a win and about 8-9k for a loss. That is if I join from the beginning. Joined a couple games late and only got 3k :(

If you are getting the same XP for both then you are clearly not playing the objective correctly. I get 12k XP for a win and about 8-9k for a loss. That is if I join from the beginning. Joined a couple games late and only got 3k :(

i am level 12 and get around 7k per warzone win or loss. i usually have mid to top objective points.

Because I want a system that rewards people for trying new things rather than one that punishes people for failure. The former breeds healthy competition and a constant stream of fresh competition, the latter breeds dead PvP zones and lopsided servers.

It's better for the game. Winners DO get slightly more than the losers which is how it should be. Giving the losers nothing will quickly escalate into a gear/level disparity which leads to faction imbalance which leads to people not queueing for PvP any more because it's a stompfest.

Saying "only reward wins will make people play to win more" is a lie, this is still a game and while I play to win and be a "tryhard" not everyone will and I hate to break it to you but a good % of the PvP crowd is mostly casual, especially when it comes to warzones/bg's. Alienate them and you will enjoy some nice long queue times(it can already be bad enough if you're empire.)