Referral NOT working for new friend

Villanov

So, my friend decided to try SWTOR, and since I'm a sub, I decided to try and help them out with my referral link, so I sent it to them, they did all the steps required and it said they were now referred, but when they log in it still says they're F2P. They did accept the referral while the game was still downloading and they were able to play on starter planets if that's any help.

Thanks a lot.

Different things happen when one uses a referral link depending on the type of account. F2P players, those who have never subbed, who use a referral link will receive a Jump Start Bundle, which includes an inventory module unlock, a quick travel pass, and 5 minor XP boosts, but no sub time. Preferred players, those who were previously subbed, who use a referral link will receive a Preferred Friends Bundle, which includes an unlock for an inventory module, a crew skill slot, to display titles, and to unify colours, as well as 7-days of sub time and a free character transfer. So if your friend is F2P then they should have received a Jump Start Bundle (delivered via in-game mail to all current and future characters) but no sub time. They'll need to sub first before they can get sub time from using a referral link, but they'll have to wait at least 90-days before they can use another link.

Different things happen when one uses a referral link depending on the type of account. F2P players, those who have never subbed, who use a referral link will receive a Jump Start Bundle, which includes an inventory module unlock, a quick travel pass, and 5 minor XP boosts, but no sub time. Preferred players, those who were previously subbed, who use a referral link will receive a Preferred Friends Bundle, which includes an unlock for an inventory module, a crew skill slot, to display titles, and to unify colours, as well as 7-days of sub time and a free character transfer. So if your friend is F2P then they should have received a Jump Start Bundle (delivered via in-game mail to all current and future characters) but no sub time. They'll need to sub first before they can get sub time from using a referral link, but they'll have to wait at least 90-days before they can use another link.

Alright, thank you very much. We were both extremely confused. Thanks for the help.