Which Sniper tree for PVP

BlackJan

if you don't like engi because of the low burst, then mm is really the only spec for you. viru is only a little bit better in the burst department. personally, i prefer mm for pvp and only use engi or viru for hm or nim ops. unfortunately, mm got a bit of a bad reputation because bads looked at the raw numbers in long duration boss fights and started screaming that mm was terrible. the pvp bads then picked it up and started repeating it (never mind that long duration single target has **** all to do with pvp), but it was never really true. mm is and always has been awesome in pvp. Edited by sumquy

• 1 month later...
engineering is not easy thats why your damage is low.

get better or switch to mm its easier

Engineering is lower by a lot than others ... but .... engineering is so far above the other two in tankiness and shutting down healers it's not funny .. and staying in the fight longer ... dps charts mean jack **** in most pvp maps to a degree ... a well played sniper for instance in close onjective matches will be busy traveling to various points to helpthe team win thus losing out on lots of "dps" but exponentially helping the team to better win ...

Any goofy 1v1 mindsetter can mindless spam dps with a good healer but if it's not helping take objectives then it's a waste of time

I can't tell you how many times I've shut down enemy healers me been the made node capper or defender for clutch wins but receive no recognition in MVP votes because people just award whomever is close to top, a healer ( win or lose), or their buddy ... the little things like capping, shutting healers down, running back and forth to carry 1v1 mindset players will never show up in end of match medals, dps, etc ...

I am always paying attention to who is actually helping with the objectives and who is just pew pew ... pew pew never gets my votes

Tldr.... don't chase dps numbers as a engineering / sab spec ... use your skill set to win matches and you'll be in the middle of the pack... but you will know you were actually the glue that held the win together even though most are to blinded by the dps chase to even notice

engineering is not easy thats why your damage is low.

get better or switch to mm its easier

It's not that engineering has to have player "get better" ....to get big big dps numbers engineering has to use aoe... and if the other team in regs has a good healer let alone 2 most of that damage is useless and just fluff numbers that looks "pretty" at end of match

Engineering/ Sabs come into their own in defending / taking objectives and are the tackiest most long living of the sniper/gunslinger trees ... they are also the best at shutting down enemy healers which takes time and those abilities NEVER show up in the score ever

So When you see one that did huge numbers ... meh doesn't mean **** ... just a bunch of grouped up enemies an engineering / sab aoe targeted a lot that the other teams healer more than likely healed through as if it was nothing ....so trying to be a DPS king on engineering / sab means more than likely your playing it wrong and we're not using more valuable abilities / comboes to either take defend nodes or shut healers down and take down low health enemies of opportunity

Many will disagree with this but I do not care lol ... because well .. I'm correct heh