Bioware spent large amounts of money on this game. Why are they so lazy?

BoredOfMMOS

chance based pvp rewards.

open world pvp having nothing interesting about it with no good reward.

20% story 80% side quest very VERY linear you have no choice on where to go you go to X plant for X quest till you finish the main story.

PvE content provides no challenge the only challenge of bosses are bugs.

why does a new game feel like a worn out rag after a month.

Mythic team for pvp. Chance based rewards for PvP in WHO as well. Difference? It worked quite well there.

20% story 80% side quest very VERY linear you have no choice on where to go you go to X plant for X quest till you finish the main story.

Themepark MMO. The "issue" you have here is the most common and logical way of doing it.

Because of incredibely quick gear progression. If you PvP and save bag and comms for level 50, you outgear most heroics the moment you put your first cent pieces. Same for normal OPs.

Show me screenshot of your guild downing Karraga on nightmare 16 man and tell me it was too easy.

EA rushed the game to be released several months ahead of time so they could milk the extra sales they could get if it was released around Christmas time.

EA did the same thing to Warhammer Online so it could be released in tandem with WOTLK.

The PvP team at Warhammer Online was full of *********** morons - they redid endgame PvP around 7 times and made it worse every single time. The lead man for that, Gabe Jiggalo is here now.

Play the game for the story and leveling - the part Bioware does well.

Edited by OklahomaSooner

why are you such a troll? got any constructive suggestions, or only snivels?

Dude, the budget of this game was $200,000,000. Here is the cost break down!

• George Lucas - $150,000,000 for licensing rights to the Star Wars name.
  • Executives pay - $25,000,000.
  • Actual game investment - $25,000,000.

So really, they didn't have as much money as needed to really create the game.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

I do not blame Bioware for anything.

I blame EA....

EA is the reason this game was even released in this unfinished state. This bugged unfinished form that many people form exploit or use 3rd party programs to Hack and destroy the enjoyment of other players in the game world.

EA rushed the game to be released several months ahead of time so they could milk the extra sales they could get if it was released around Christmas time.

EA did the same thing to Warhammer Online so it could be released in tandem with WOTLK.

The PvP team at Warhammer Online was full of *********** morons - they redid endgame PvP around 7 times and made it worse every single time. The lead man for that, Gabe Jiggalo is here now.

Play the game for the story and leveling - the part Bioware does well.

game had more then 5 years to stew, that doesnt sound rushed to me. Wait any longer and this game would have died in development.

I blame EA....

EA is the reason this game was even released in this unfinished state. This bugged unfinished form that many people form exploit or use 3rd party programs to Hack and destroy the enjoyment of other players in the game world.

in no way shape or form should BW get off Scot free.

Based on the interview where they say the dev team went straight from release to continued development, I assume that most of them are burnt out and needed a short vacation.

oh sure they can have a short vacation as long as im not charged any money during that time.

No they cannot have a break with a MMORPG this isnt a single player game

game had more then 5 years to stew, that doesnt sound rushed to me. Wait any longer and this game would have died in development.

you're very wrong about this, which is exactly why Diablo 3 will be a much more successful game than this. I don't mind waiting for something good, and although I still don't have a release date for D3, It is something that I will not hesitate to purchase on the day of release.

Why? Because it will be brilliant. Why? Because Blizzard is taking it's time and very carefully making sure things are perfect.

you're very wrong about this, which is exactly why Diablo 3 will be a much more successful game than this. I don't mind waiting for something good, and although I still don't have a release date for D3, It is something that I will not hesitate to purchase on the day of release.

Why? Because it will be brilliant. Why? Because Blizzard is taking it's time and very carefully making sure things are perfect.

do some research. 2006/2007 they started up and the game was released in late 2011(basicly 2012). Give me a break.

do some research. 2006/2007 they started up and the game was released in late 2011(basicly 2012). Give me a break.

Give you a break about what? How D3 has been in production for a longer period of time and yet is not released yet, even though it is a much simpler game in concept? Diablo 3 has been under development since 2001. That's 11 years. You don't even know what you mean when you say the words "do some research."

How about you give me a break?

I'm sorry if you enjoy the fact that EA took something you respect and care about in the Star Wars theme and rushed it. I personally revel in the fact that Blizzard does not subscribe to that business model, which is why they have so many loyal customers.

I blame EA....

How much time did they need exactly to release this game, they were going release it six months before they actually did. They said targeting a spring release date and pushed that back. I'm glad I got to play it. But I think they should brought in expert's to work on it 24/7. I don't know how much time they spent on it.

Maybe it's because the engine is so buggy. As they said when they released it, it will likely never be completley finished. I just wish like rift they offered thing's to do other then warzone and do your missions. I currently have a level 44, and a level 50 and I cannot stand to level up again. Same reason warcraft is sinking.

Give you a break about what? How D3 has been in production for a longer period of time and yet is not released yet, even though it is a much simpler game in concept? Diablo 3 has been under development since 2001. That's 11 years. You don't even know what you mean when you say the words "do some research."

How about you give me a break?

I'm sorry if you enjoy the fact that EA took something you respect and care about in the Star Wars theme and rushed it. I personally revel in the fact that Blizzard does not subscribe to that business model, which is why they have so many loyal customers.

D3 went through multi revisions since 2001 so to compare it to tor's development is just wrong.

Face it, this game had more then enough time to get it right and if the game took any longer it would have needed to be revised and that would have killed it in development. They blewit.

How much time did they need exactly to release this game, they were going release it six months before they actually did. They said targeting a spring release date and pushed that back. I'm glad I got to play it. But I think they should brought in expert's to work on it 24/7. I don't know how much time they spent on it.

Maybe it's because the engine is so buggy. As they said when they released it, it will likely never be completley finished. I just wish like rift they offered thing's to do other then warzone and do your missions. I currently have a level 44, and a level 50 and I cannot stand to level up again. Same reason warcraft is sinking.

That engine is the heart of the problem.

That engine is the heart of the problem.

If someone gave me millions of dollars and I had six figure a year salary. I'd make sure that game ran very smooth. How are people paid millions of dollars and miss something this obvious about the game. Hadn't they worked on the game years before it's release. What were they doing?

I am getting ready to do the level up game one more time in Warcraft assuming MoP just doesn't totally kill WoW for me. I haven't played even a minute of WoW in like 2 or 3 months but this current content is rushed and a joke. So it is clear that even Blizz doesn't always take thier time. Not with everything.

This game... Keep in mind I have 2 days sub left as I have decided to wait for this game to be fixed before I continue to play. I have almost 3 lev 50's. One is 45. And like 7 other toons of different levels and advanced classes. This game is a great RPG. I loved the story and going threw the class quests.

The PVP was what brought me here more then anything and I am so disappointed. Ilum is horrible. Same 3 WZs over and over. Loads of exploits and hacks being used to ruin any idea of a far match ion WZs. My time is up for now and this game isn't worth paying another month for when I can't have fun.

TY EA! You should have left these people at Bioware alone and let them tell you when the game was ready. Even if it was the Holiday Season of 2012. I would have waited another year. This game is good enough that with another year of developement it could have been great!