PvP Help

Oyusan

Hey guys, I'm having some difficulties in PvP and I am wondering what I could be doing wrong and what I can do to improve.

First, I'm a Jedi Sentinel and I have a few pieces of PvP armor so far - a few Centurion items and a Champion item.

1. I'm level 50 and I find it difficult to kill or even do damage to most in PvP. For example, there were several cases where I went to attack a healer/caster and no matter what I did, almost no damage was done. I use Force Kick when I can to cancel the casting/healing and I try to use my Force powers as efficiently as possible in combination with health packs and my Relics. Still, no matter what strategy I use, its like I am attacking a stone wall.

2. I've heard some people say that #1 is because of armor and some people have said that it isn't armor, its skill with abilities and casting. I'm inclined to believe that it is a combination of both. However, I am doing the best I can with my abilities and it seems like it is more of an issue with armor. But, does PvP armor make that BIG of a difference? The difference between a decent amount of damage and no damage at all?

(Something is wrong... before I got into PvP, I fought other Imperials at my level often on many planets. I never struggled and won greater than 90% of the time.)

3. I find it difficult to obtain PvP armor since...

4. I always get smashed in Warzones or on Ilum

-Possibly because of my lack of good armor

-Possibly because I suck with my abilities and at attacking, though I doubt it.

-I often have trouble with my team (afk players, teammates giving up, etc)

-My team/ops is often outnumbered in Warzones

-My team/ops is ALWAYS outnumbered on Ilum. (Usually outnumbered 2:1 or 3:1)

I'm not here for criticism, so please no negative replies. I'm here to improve my gaming experience and I want to also contribute to others' gaming experience by not sucking. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for besides basic tips/tricks.

What I will say is that gear will make a big difference. I hit 50 two weeks ago and am half cent/half champ gear now and once I hit around 350 expertise things got a lot better.

There are stickies and guides that give basic pvp tricks so I'd read those. Also I would learn the WZ's like the back of your hand and where all the power buffs are. Learn how to pass the ball in huttball and use your class skills/abilities for utility/annoyance until you get enough gear to dps someone down.

It's just about experience and gearing to start. Give it time, it'll get better.

Hey guys, I'm having some difficulties in PvP and I am wondering what I could be doing wrong and what I can do to improve.

First, I'm a Jedi Sentinel and I have a few pieces of PvP armor so far - a few Centurion items and a Champion item.

1. I'm level 50 and I find it difficult to kill or even do damage to most in PvP. For example, there were several cases where I went to attack a healer/caster and no matter what I did, almost no damage was done. I use Force Kick when I can to cancel the casting/healing and I try to use my Force powers as efficiently as possible in combination with health packs and my Relics. Still, no matter what strategy I use, its like I am attacking a stone wall.

2. I've heard some people say that #1 is because of armor and some people have said that it isn't armor, its skill with abilities and casting. I'm inclined to believe that it is a combination of both. However, I am doing the best I can with my abilities and it seems like it is more of an issue with armor. But, does PvP armor make that BIG of a difference? The difference between a decent amount of damage and no damage at all?

(Something is wrong... before I got into PvP, I fought other Imperials at my level often on many planets. I never struggled and won greater than 90% of the time.)

3. I find it difficult to obtain PvP armor since...

4. I always get smashed in Warzones or on Ilum

-Possibly because of my lack of good armor

-Possibly because I suck with my abilities and at attacking, though I doubt it.

-I often have trouble with my team (afk players, teammates giving up, etc)

-My team/ops is often outnumbered in Warzones

-My team/ops is ALWAYS outnumbered on Ilum. (Usually outnumbered 2:1 or 3:1)

I'm not here for criticism, so please no negative replies. I'm here to improve my gaming experience and I want to also contribute to others' gaming experience by not sucking. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

it would be more helpful if you specify what healer you are attacking, did you notice they were guarded? because it really sounds like you were hitting a healer that's being guarded. while it could be a gear difference, gearing up currently is super fast, it takes about roughly 10 days to gear up if you get 1 champ bag a day from commendations in addition to your dailys/weeklys. once you are full pvp gear in the combination of champ/centurion gear, you will see how different it is.

lastly, as a melee dps, i highly suggest you save your champ commendations for upgrading your weapons 1st.

it would be more helpful if you specify what healer you are attacking, did you notice they were guarded? because it really sounds like you were hitting a healer that's being guarded. while it could be a gear difference, gearing up currently is super fast, it takes about roughly 10 days to gear up if you get 1 champ bag a day from commendations in addition to your dailys/weeklys. once you are full pvp gear in the combination of champ/centurion gear, you will see how different it is.

lastly, as a melee dps, i highly suggest you save your champ commendations for upgrading your weapons 1st.

Sometimes they are being guarded and sometimes they are not. It is much worse when they are guarded than when they are not...

When they are, I manage to keep the two tied up for a decent amount of time. I figure one player holding at least enemies two is useful to the team. However, their health never even gets low and I always eventually die in that case unless I run away.

When they aren't being guarded, they heal themselves and ignore me. I was attacking a healer once all by myself. There was nobody immediately around him. He was healing his team that was attacking my team. All he did was heal himself occasionally and ignore me. I used Force Kick/Force Stasis to cancel a few of his heals, but I ultimately made no difference - I couldn't kill him and nothing I did got his attention away from his team.

I guess gear does make a big difference.

Edited by Oyusan