Battlemaster box #6, only champion commendations (3 days of pvp). Sigh.

gormanster

Whoever this so called "pvp" guy is at Bioware, has no idea how to do his job.

Rationally, here's what it boils down to.

Pre-Ilum patch battlemasters, have 2+ sets of FULL champion gear sets (i personally have 8+ of somet items like earrings). Getting boxes with nothing but champion tokens, to which i have absolutely zero use for, is just moronic. I literally log in every day, do my two dailies, then log off -- mind you however, as a repulbic player where my server loses 75-80% of the time, coupled with the god awful bug where wins dont count for daily / weeklies, this takes a few hours.

Why can't we have some sort of conversion rate? 50 champions = 1 token? SOMETHING!?!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'll ever hear name "Gabe Amatangelo" or "warhammer pvp team" - I'll avoid that game at all costs. Frustration guaranteed.

Already seen people with "war hero" title and only two-three BM items. 5-7 tokens while gaining 10 levels? Really?

Edited by Pashgan

If I'll ever hear name "Gabe Amatangelo" or "warhammer pvp team" - I'll avoid that game at all costs. Frustration guaranteed.

Already seen people with "war hero" title and only two-three BM items. 5-7 tokens while gaining 10 levels? Really?

I agree, any game associated with this Gabe fellow is bound to be pure ****.

tell you what, why dont bioware just give out a free full set with no grind at all

lol3days.

i've bene a bm for 3 - 4 weeks now, i have 3 pieces of bm outside implants and earing. Dont give me the 3 days ****. I grinded my *** off to get to bm, then this Gabe ******* makes Ilum easymode where people can afk to battlemaster in a week.

Whoever this so called "pvp" guy is at Bioware, has no idea how to do his job.

Rationally, here's what it boils down to.

Pre-Ilum patch battlemasters, have 2+ sets of FULL champion gear sets (i personally have 8+ of somet items like earrings). Getting boxes with nothing but champion tokens, to which i have absolutely zero use for, is just moronic. I literally log in every day, do my two dailies, then log off -- mind you however, as a repulbic player where my server loses 75-80% of the time, coupled with the god awful bug where wins dont count for daily / weeklies, this takes a few hours.

Why can't we have some sort of conversion rate? 50 champions = 1 token? SOMETHING!?!

I feel your pain.

They need to make the gear have Valor ranks on it,cause as of now once you hit 60 there isn't any point after 60.It wouldn't be hard to do.

Valor 40-50 for T1

Valor 51-60 for T2

Valor 61-70 for T3

Valor 71-80 for T4(when they add it)

etc..

But at least the game has a dynamic story.

I feel your pain.

They need to make the gear have Valor ranks on it,cause as of now once you hit 60 there isn't any point after 60.It wouldn't be hard to do.

Valor 40-50 for T1

Valor 51-60 for T2

Valor 61-70 for T3

Valor 71-80 for T4(when they add it)

etc..

But at least the game has a dynamic story.

just opened 2 more boxes, champion commendations. **** this.

They need to take away the dam random gear! Why on earth make it so you have to cross your dam fingers every time you open a bag!

I earn the commendations I should be able to buy the stuff I need. Increase the costs of items reduce the number of commendations. What ever to balance it out. But PvP gear should not be random in nature.

Dont even...........

Someone give Gabe Amatangelo best troll award for ruining BW's reputation one more time.

Dont even...........

Someone give Gabe Amatangelo best troll award for ruining BW's reputation one more time.

Wasn't he the guy who ruined DoAC pvp too?

And i dont mind "working" for my gear, but I want to play a game, that im rewarded for how much time i put in, and can earn more gear/items the more time i put in the game. Random bag chance? Fine. But give me some option where i can grind it out by putting in more hours; don't make me play an entire week and literally have NOTHING to show for it.

Edited by gormanster

tell you what, why dont bioware just give out a free full set with no grind at all

lol3days.

They do already.Ever seen the rank 20s in full champion gear but BW believe lottery is the way forward so you can be lucky and the gear is practically given away to some!

im in the same boat

no reason whatsoever to play beyond the 2 dailies

there absolutely NEED to be something to grind after 60 that will improve my character

i dont want to play an alt but that is in effect the only option i have

either let us buy BM tokens at a high cost, or even better make a system like the one from daoc

as it is WZ/MERC coms are totally useless, there is no reason whatsoever to be in illum past the 30 kills/armaments, and none for playing WZ's beyond the 3 daily wins

logged out for the last time today

0/16 battlemaster bags

Still missing 3 pieces of champ (at valor 62). Thought my poor champion luck might change once I hit valor 60.

Doesn't help that I play a maurauder, the pure dps class that pales in comparison to its heavy armor wearing dps counterparts.

Join me in Planetside 2 soon, cya.

logged out for the last time today

0/16 battlemaster bags

Still missing 3 pieces of champ (at valor 62). Thought my poor champion luck might change once I hit valor 60.

Doesn't help that I play a maurauder, the pure dps class that pales in comparison to its heavy armor wearing dps counterparts.

Join me in Planetside 2 soon, cya.

I'm giving LoL a shot, until gw2/d3.

I'm giving LoL a shot, until gw2/d3.

Got a max level LoL toon named..get this "Omega Relay" named after the Mass effect wormhole. I WAS such a Bioware fanboy before this mess, Dragon Age was literally my favorite game ever. And DAOC my favorite mmo (save planetside, which is more mmofps).

So naturally I though omg my 2 favorite companies making a game together...DAOC pvp mixed with Biowares immersive story telling.....I built a whole new rig for this game too, how could it be so bad i just don't get it. No one from DAOC must still be working for Mythic on SWTOR.

Dragon Age was so amazing, the lore, immersion, and the way the npcs and companion interacted with each other.

Edited by xSkynet

Already unsubscribed. On verge of quitting.

Spent 60+ hours grinding to BM. On #13 bag and haven't gotten anything. 0 reward for my effort.

consider yourself lucky. I grinded to BM when we had to do it only through warzones when Ilum was garbage. I'm guessing at least 5-6 days played to get there. How do you think i feel?

A few of my guildies are also on the verge of quitting due to the random nature of this. Personally I've gotten 66 champ coms now and 4 BM comms. I wonder if they actually realize spending 2-3 hours a day doing dailies for 0 rewards turns people off, sometimes to the point of unsubbing...

It wouldn't be so bad if those champion comms could actually be used for something useful...

Oh no, poor kiddies aren't getting instant gratification. 3 whole days. ZOMG. Seriously. Just stop. Considering how many of you got easy mode battlemaster, good thing that the RNG is at least slapping you back into reality. Edited by Silverspar

To be honest, I'm a patient gamer but we spend our time going all the way to BM and praying for champion gear which most will have a full set by the time they hit BM levels (I only have one centurion piece). But then all we get is CHampion comms in the BM Bags... seems a bit silly.

I'd like to at least see some Health Stims or something in the bag, it's really annoying to keep spending comms on bags that are useless to me but I totally get that we shouldn't be getting gear straight away and I'm happy to increase my valor ranking through warzones after battlemaster because I know there will be more gear and titles at a late date :D

As a valor 67 pre-1.1 battlemaster I've opened 42 BM bags and have 2 pieces of BM gear (belt and gloves) to show for it, and they were from before the patch. Post patch I've gotten 18 bags in a row now without BM commendations.

Incidentally I also have 2 pieces of rakkata gear, including the mh, from one hard mode operation run that took less than 2 hours on the first try.

This compounds with my unfortunate choice of a bottom tier pvp class, the sniper/gunslinger. It's gotten more frustrating by the day and I'm at the point where I've stopped playing.