Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amplifier Feedback - Spoils of War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Amplifier Feedback - Spoils of War
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

prashantmoroliya
05.31.2019 , 08:50 AM | #21
I am happy with those new updates just want to give some suggestions about this game. As we know we move very further in this game its a long journey from 2008 beta version to first alpha version in 2011. But those some new players like me still feels that why did I don't got those old items of the game. Like I can't even play that HK55 droid story line of KotFE but its OK. Also we didn't get Grand Statue of Revan. Its not your fault neither the fault is our. Players like me may start the game very late maybe because we don't know about the game or just by seeing so much GB to download maybe we didn't download it. Talking about me, I don't know about the game. I never searched Star Wars games. I an happy with those old Star Wars games. But when I played it back in 2015 for the first time, I am in love of this game and still spend like 16 to 18 hours playing this game. But still I don't know that you will give us chance to get those deco and other quests and materials from those old packs. I know this new update will end many available currencies but still I think there must be a way to get those things. If I know about this game earlier I will definitely buy the SoR pre order expansion. I can do anything for this game, but what to do now? You guy say it. Although you guys are doing best job. I really appreciate it and I really do have respect for you guys. Hats off.
MTFBWY. Please click and support me. http://www.swtor.com/r/nlB9ql

AlCiao
05.31.2019 , 09:31 AM | #22
So wait, is it random what amplifiers are attached to each thing?

Like if I get, say, a Versatile Armoring, and it has an accuracy modifier to it, but I want alacrity?

I assume the reroll/recalibrate will allow us to rerandomize it...but then what happens if we get something even worse?

I think there should be a non-random way to get the amplifiers you want, please.

I certainly hope there won't be any random amplifiers as egregious as, say, a Shield stat on a Versatile armoring
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

Benirons
05.31.2019 , 01:48 PM | #23
I think amplifiers will be game breaking.

U can have one per mod and shell each. That is a buttload of extra dps/survivability or even both since certain things can only have certain amps.

I think stat bloat is enough already as is, we really do not need any more of it.

PVP is going to be not very enjoyable once ppl start stacking all the right things and melt ppl even faster than they do now. It was made clear that amps r not required to complete specific content. So once u have all the right ones, all content will be a face roll even more so than just having the usual end game BiS gear.

IMO this is a very unwelcome change for balance reasons across all content, not to mention that absolute mayhem from having to have several different sets for seemingly all specs. Just too much.

tolaez
05.31.2019 , 05:36 PM | #24
My biggest concern is that this is done right the first time. No doubt this will be iterated upon as time goes to improve it but there's one thing I think absolutely needs to be well thought out for the initial implementation - no inventory space taken!

Please we don't need actual items taking up space in our inventories for this. Please make a tab that we can access them all from or even just attach it to an already existing tab like our utilities screen. Absolute worst case make them items that are consumed so they can be eliminated from our inventories quickly.

matthaxian
05.31.2019 , 06:37 PM | #25
Let me see if I understand this correctly:
1. Every shell, armoring, mod, enhancement in the game will have an amplifier upon its creation (whether that is from a vendor, loot drop, lootbox, or craft). The type of amp is randomly generated upon creation.
2. You can re-roll that amp for credits and MANUALLY pick what you want from a set of options specific to that type of item (not just do another loot roll).
3. Amplifier stat amounts are static across the board, and are not affected by item rating, rng, or anything similiar.

If these are all true, I am perfectly ok with amplifiers, as they look like an extra layer of customization according to role, playstyle, type of content. There are amps you might want for pvp but not pve.

If some gear comes with amplifiers and others do not, via RNG or not, I am going to have a problem with that.
If Amplifier stat amountsvary/change via any type of RNG, I am going to have a big problem with that.

When you started talking about Amplifiers, the first thing that came to mind was a certain other game's titanforging catastrophe, and that type of thing is the worst thing you could add to this game.

I am not as worried as some about the balancing. You can re-balance a game. Un-implementeing a bad system is a much harder thing to do after its introduced.

NikSunrider
06.01.2019 , 02:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Sure thing, I can hit both of those! Weapon shells will NOT have amplifiers while they are not available in Outfitter.

<snip>

-eric
Does that mean that weapons are, at long last, coming to outfitter some time in the foreseeable future?

If so, that's great news because neat as they look, my Gree and Kingpin weapons are beginnign to get boring after 5 long years in the game

Re AMPs themselves - it was mentioned in a dev comment that the stat bonuses were small. How small are we talking? My concern is this:

The stat increase for 242 augments over 236 ones was not remotely comparable to the increase in mat requirements, therefore making 242s less worthwhile.

I understand that the AMP stats are there as a bonus but I would hope that they are actually worth the effort of getting and have a meaningful impact on the game.
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesės> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link • Info

Drenovade
06.02.2019 , 01:45 AM | #27
My concern with amps is that they sound too similar to a game-killing feature in WoW called titanforging. Basically, it sucked the fun out of gearing your character because even when you finally get the item you want, if it doesn't "titanforge" to max item level, which is solely based on RNG, then it means you're not done grinding out for that piece of gear yet.

The livestream recap says amps can be rerolled with credits, but it wouldn't be fun to have to do that either, especially when it doesn't reroll to the one you want. Would you have to keep dishing out credits until you finally get what you want?

It seems like an unnecessary complication to gearing and a constant disappointment of not getting the amp you wanted. Even if it's just a small bonus that isn't factored into game balance, it kills the satisfaction of upgrading your character.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Drenovade
06.03.2019 , 12:24 AM | #28
If amps are truly "optional" like they said in the stream, then why not remove them from gear altogether and instead have them be optional "enchants" that players can manually apply to gear themselves, similar to augments.

For example, if you're interested in +XP, you can apply +XP amps. If you're interested in better harvesting results, get those amps instead. If you're going for max combat performance, apply armor penetration or whichever amp best suits your combat role. Maybe limit it to shells only because applying it to every single modification would be too much?

There's absolutely no need to make this an RNG mechanic just so that players will spend even more time grinding out for gear they want, or sinking credits into rerolling them.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

EmperorRus
06.03.2019 , 05:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Drenovade View Post
If amps are truly "optional" like they said in the stream, then why not remove them from gear altogether and instead have them be optional "enchants" that players can manually apply to gear themselves, similar to augments.
That would be great
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

Lhancelot
06.03.2019 , 07:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
PVP is going to be not very enjoyable once ppl start stacking all the right things and melt ppl even faster than they do now.
My worry is people with find some bugs with different combinations of these amps which will end up being Op'd.

Many players will secretly use the exploits to their advantage, just as they have and do in ranked with some very specific exploits that are secretly enjoyed.

Ensuring that each amp completely integrates seamlessly with other stats without disrupting anything but adding only the boost the amp itself is supposed to give is imperative.

If an amp somehow multiplies another amp or an actual ability more than it's supposed due to some crazy hard to find code bug, then what?

Imagine how hard it would be to figure out what amp is the problem, and with what other mods/amps/stats/abilities? Could really be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I hate to get ahead of myself, but one thing I learned a long time ago is the more features we add to something the more likely something on it will break.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696