Flagships for small guilds

yohansvea

I wish there was more flagship options, like different types of ships and also smaller ones that would fit small guilds better. The costs are just way to high. And im not only talking about the credits im talking about the encryptions/frameworks needed.

I love Swtor and i recently started loving decorating. I run a small Guild with only 13 other players. The new conquest system is great, i can manage to get 7-14 chars a week personal conquest, depending on how much time i have and what kind of conquest objectives there are. But, not all my fellow guildmates have the max stronghold bonus and some are very casual so not everyone reaches personal goal, but thoose who do contributes encryptions to guildbank.

For easy math lets say we manage to get 1 framework (50 encryptions) per month.

In total we need 20 command frameworks, 16 logistical frameworks and 18 engineering frameworks. Thats all and all 54 frameworks=54 months if we manage to get 1 framework per month. Thats 4,5 years to get a fully opened flagship.

4,5 years?

Alternatives

Craft dark projects that can be exchanged for encryptions. Could bring us a few more encryptions every other month meaby.

Buy from GTN Dark Projects/Encryptions/Frameworks. Crazy expensive, dark projects around 1,5mil, Encryptions from 600k+ and Frameworks 36mil+. We dont have that kind of credits in the guild!

Farm Enemy commanders? Meaby can be done with help from others a few times every year.

I Think a small Guild can be more family like rather then a big Guild so i still want my Guild to be small. I dont know what can be done to change the current system hence i hope they can introduce a new flagship thats smaller and easier for small Guilds to open up. Not in 4,5 years but meaby in 1 year.

Would love to hear ideas from small Guilds, what have u done? Or is it only CC exchanged to credits thats the way forward?

With the changes coming to conquest in 6.0, as they are on PTS, small guilds are getting screwed. Personal goal will be 50k and small yield will be 500k. I'm in the same boat, or flagship, when it comes to unlocking rooms and if these changes go live I'm probably going to go back to ignoring conquest, which means forgetting about unlocking any rooms.

With the changes coming to conquest in 6.0, as they are on PTS, small guilds are getting screwed. Personal goal will be 50k and small yield will be 500k. I'm in the same boat, or flagship, when it comes to unlocking rooms and if these changes go live I'm probably going to go back to ignoring conquest, which means forgetting about unlocking any rooms.

Are you serious? That is utterly horrible!!

Edited by xmarcusprimex

Personal goal will be 50k and small yield will be 500k.

Taken in isolation, a change in the personal goal is totally meaningless. It has to be considered relative to the possible rates of acquisition of points. If all the objective gains and the CQP-per-kill are also multiplied by 50/15, then there's no net change.

That's not to say that the numerical changes are good, of course, but merely that you have to consider the complete set of numbers.

I've always wondered why they don't make room unlocks available for Cartel Coins, just like stronghold unlocks.

Of course, that made more sense before they tied the rooms to guild perks.

No, it didn't make any sense even then. Whose CCs are used to do this? Why that person? How do other members contribute?

Taken in isolation, a change in the personal goal is totally meaningless. It has to be considered relative to the possible rates of acquisition of points. If all the objective gains and the CQP-per-kill are also multiplied by 50/15, then there's no net change.

That's not to say that the numerical changes are good, of course, but merely that you have to consider the complete set of numbers.

Here is an image with the values for this week's conquest on both live (left) and PTS (right). Both are with 150% stronghold bonus. Live has an additional 10% due to a guild perk (that 10% does not apply to the mission and kill values below). Notice that the PTS list is shorter than the live list. That is because this conquest, Mechanical Warfare, has two conquest objectives removed: Galactic Rampage and Daily Missions: Iokath. This isn't the only week were objectives have been removed beyond just Galactic Rampage, which appears to have been removed entirely. Which, unless they have added planetary rampage objectives to every conquest, is an objective reduction in points. Some conquest weeks don't even have a rampage objective aside from Galactic Rampage.

https://i.imgur.com/b6MosMy.png

Here are the values I get for completing missions and kills (this is without the 10% guild perk):

Mission completion: 398 live // 625 PTS

Standard Mob: 3 live // 13 PTS

Silver Mob: 13 live // 43 PTS

Gold Mob: 35 live // 110 PTS

Champion: 38 live // 185 PTS

Nothing was viewed in isolation Steve. I have been on PTS. I have done the same activities I do on live to complete conquest. It is now harder to complete one's personal goal without doing OPs. On PTS, this week, I ran Hammer Station solo on vet mode seven times (once at lvl 70, the others are 75) for the achievement and am still over 10k points away from my personal goal (even with completing Ziost). On live those completions (each one gets me about 2,700 points with kills) alone would complete my personal conquest goal, but I'd also be getting rampage. Solo VM HS is objectively easier on PTS than on live, too, taking a lot less time to solo even with the same gear. Objectively it is going to be harder and more tedious to complete one's personal conquest. Further, these changes are going to effectively kill conquest for solo players such as myself.

Edited by ceryxp

No, it didn't make any sense even then. Whose CCs are used to do this? Why that person? How do other members contribute?

They've managed to work those issues out in every other MMO with guild housing. SWTOR players are at least as capable as other MMO players.

Basically, it's not your problem or BioWare's to figure out. That's up to the members.

In our guild, people have bought decorations using CC and donated them to the guild, back when far fewer decos could be "copied" using Purchase For Guild. That didn't seem to bother them.

If each room expansion was purchased separately, people could choose to donate one expansion.

Me, personally, I'd buy some for any guild I'm a member of. Why not? Even if I leave later, I shared with my friends.

Giving people more options and more choices isn't a bad thing.

They've managed to work those issues out in every other MMO with guild housing. SWTOR players are at least as capable as other MMO players.

Basically, it's not your problem or BioWare's to figure out. That's up to the members.

In our guild, people have bought decorations using CC and donated them to the guild, back when far fewer decos could be "copied" using Purchase For Guild. That didn't seem to bother them.

If each room expansion was purchased separately, people could choose to donate one expansion.

Me, personally, I'd buy some for any guild I'm a member of. Why not? Even if I leave later, I shared with my friends.

Giving people more options and more choices isn't a bad thing.

In another game I play they figured it out by having a currency in the cash store that people could purchase and donate to their guild bank. The guild leader could then use that currency to purchase a guild ship or various unlocks for the ship. It's really not a difficult problem to solve.

Nothing was viewed in isolation Steve. I have been on PTS.

I meant that it has been *reported*here* in isolation. Sorry for the confusion. If you just mention that one figure, it means nothing. (The same would be true if, say, they had reduced it from 15K to 10K, but halved the point gain per activity. The "isolated" figure would be "hey, cool, they reduced the personal goal!" when in fact it's more work to get there, so it's not cool.)

And I've been on PTS, too. I had already looked at the conquest figures before I saw your post, but again, my objection was people (you're not the only one) complaining about the increase in the personal goal without describing the changes in the other figures.

My opinion on the changes to Conquest? (Disclaimer: I haven't cared about Conquest one way or another for a long time, although I was amused by how little I had to do to make my personal goal when the "CQP with your XP" thing was introduced.) I think it's a bad idea for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it shifts the balance of power more firmly in favour of really big guilds (measured by the number of active players, not the number of characters), especially given that reaching the guild conquest target (large yield, no less) seems to still be required for access to the toppest tiers of weird materials.

Are you serious? That is utterly horrible!!

That is not exactly true. I made my personal conquest goal on 7 toons and my guild conquest goal on PTS this week with a level 1 guild, no perks, and no no xp boosts. Where I was making roughly 15k an hour on live, I was making 29k on PTS. So where I am making 250k on like across 12-13 toons, I will be making 500k in the same amount of time only on 5-7 toons.

Yes, it hurts a little, but it doesn’t screw them. If they were making conquest BEFORE the “everything is worth CP” then they will make it after 6.0 drops.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also in a small guild and would love everyone's thoughts.

* The first planetary conquest goal we ever made was Dantooine (before they added XP to conquest) and since they've added XP to conquests, we probably meet 75% of the planetary conquest goals now (it's hard on weeks like the Operations conquest week).

* Since we were able to start acquiring flagship plans, we've been saving them up, anticipating at least opening up more guild perk options. However, we haven't yet gotten enough to open anything.

* We don't have enough guild funds to buy flagship plans off the GTN and aren't hardcore enough to get materials to craft a lot of dark projects.

If everything remains the same as we've seen/heard about on PTS, it seems like my guild will probably not meet the planetary conquest goals very often. Maybe 10-25% of the time.

If 5 years turns into 15 years, then it's certainly not worth bothering to try to fully upgrade the ship. Should we bother at all or should we sell our flagship plans on the GTN whenever we can get them - and use the cash to fund guild expenses (repairs, summons, a cool decoration now and then, etc.)? What do you think?

I am also in a small guild and would love everyone's thoughts.

* The first planetary conquest goal we ever made was Dantooine (before they added XP to conquest) and since they've added XP to conquests, we probably meet 75% of the planetary conquest goals now (it's hard on weeks like the Operations conquest week).

* Since we were able to start acquiring flagship plans, we've been saving them up, anticipating at least opening up more guild perk options. However, we haven't yet gotten enough to open anything.

* We don't have enough guild funds to buy flagship plans off the GTN and aren't hardcore enough to get materials to craft a lot of dark projects.

If everything remains the same as we've seen/heard about on PTS, it seems like my guild will probably not meet the planetary conquest goals very often. Maybe 10-25% of the time.

If 5 years turns into 15 years, then it's certainly not worth bothering to try to fully upgrade the ship. Should we bother at all or should we sell our flagship plans on the GTN whenever we can get them - and use the cash to fund guild expenses (repairs, summons, a cool decoration now and then, etc.)? What do you think?

kill commanders for you encryptions, you should be able to 2 man them on most planets, keep and open up your ship

as to the op- a smaller ship for smaller guilds would be cool as long as guilds that already have the guild ship can get that one too, my tiny guild (2 currently active players, some times it balloons up to around 7!) makes conquest every week and we would love to be able to get a second guild ship to unlock or even more guild strongholds.