"Newb" question about medals. . .

Angaurath

I have few problems getting most of the appropriate medals in WZs.

- Defender (for Alderaan and Huttball)

- kills

- KB

- Solo.

But one I just about never, ever see on my sent (focus spec) is the 2.5K single-shot damage medal. This is odd, because it is ridiculously easy to get with a shadow.

- My sent is currently level 25.

- I use the basic stance for focus (shi-cho?)

- My gear is more-or-less up-to-date

- I try to pop power or critical adrenals as often as possible

Do I need to get some higher-tier skills tied to force sweep before it is reasonable to expect this?

Should I use riposte constantly? (I find that, in practice, I don't have the attention for knowing when it is up - I am usually watching my target's cast bar so I can time a good interrupt.)

First off, do you have Singularity yet? As you are lvl 25, you are of the minimum level to get atleast 1 in it. If not, then I doubt you'd reach 2.5k atm. But once you get Singularity, just do the skill rotation with leap, Stasis then once 4 ticks are up, pop your Sweep. Force exhaustion is your other singularity ticker but that's a ways off. Singularity can double your Sweep you see, coupled with Felling blow's insta crit is the easiest way to nab that medal.

Awesome- thanks.. . .

I have 2 points in a watchman talent (not sure what atm) so that's the explanation for no singularity.

Cool. . . gives something for this alt to look forward to. It took me a little while to appreciate, but I am really enjoying the class.

Bladestorm or Masterstrike and some luck. I already have a 48 Sentinel, but I just rebuilt one and got her to 20 over the weekend. She occasionally picks up the 2.5k hit using one of these. At 25 you don't have the talents to setup a big strike, so it's more luck than skills. On the other hand you don't have enough abilities yet that you're using something other than these regularly.

The medal bonus is capped at 4 medals per match anyway, so it's all moot. It's so easy to rank valor up now, the whole system is a complete joke.

True. . .

Part of my motive was touse this as a sort of-backdoor way to get build advice and feedback. . .

True. . .

Part of my motive was touse this as a sort of-backdoor way to get build advice and feedback. . .

To answer your question, yes, getting the damage medals (2.5k/75k done) will become automatic once you level up and get some higher tier telents/skills. Generally, Force Sweep is not going to net you 2.5k unless you spec Focus.

My suggestion would be to roll Watchman and not worry too much about your medals for now.

you can get the 2.5k metals in any tree once you build it up some.

Watchman or Combat will be your easiest tree to get 2.5k in because there is little build up. With Focus if you miss your sweep or get kb or something before you sweep you're going to lose a lot of dmg.

In any tree 2.5k will come from Dispatch (your excecute when you get it) and your final tick from Masterstrike IF you get all 3 off on a stunned target, should get 2.5k.

Watchman will get with Merciless Slash on any crit with it if you're not beating a tank or are debuffed by a tank. Combat will give you 2.5k crits with Bladestorm if you have your armorpen up. You'd be able to get to those high bladestorms quickly in your leveling process , mid 30's maybe?

Aside from that one, you ought to be getting 75kdmg every time, and in a fight of a wz you ought to get 25 kills.

Once you get higher in focus in a voidstar, 300k dmg is possible... but you need a lot of heals.

In watchman, 75k healing is possible to pull off. Not all the time but in Voidstar, especially it's easier. Huttball is hard, Civil War if you're part of the assaulting team attacking turrets, yes.

Edited by KruelhandJorb

To answer your question, yes, getting the damage medals (2.5k/75k done) will become automatic once you level up and get some higher tier telents/skills. Generally, Force Sweep is not going to net you 2.5k unless you spec Focus.

My suggestion would be to roll Watchman and not worry too much about your medals for now.

I'm already getting 75K pretty easily (the exception being if we're roflpwned in alderaan) . . .

I will probably stick with focus for a little while and then try out watchman around 30.

Itll also help if you use a warzone adrenal or pick up that little red powerup buff node and then try your big hit.

Also, if youre just trying to score the medal pick a target with lighter armor and make sure they dont have any sheilds or defensive buffs active, also make sure there is no guard/taunt reducing your damage.

Edited by thepilk