★ The Ultimate Throw Sentinel guide ★

RakeHoxven

(in rememberance of the Throw Barb of Diablo2)

The build is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bZGGrM00rRrcZrMR.1

Use your improved throws accompanied with force leap and force stasus to increase opponent immobility while you kite using throws and other fun throwy stuff!

This is a fun build! It's for having fun!

Enjoy

(updated to be more throwylike)

edit: updated build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bZGGrM00rRrcZGzR.1

Edited by RakeHoxven

At first I wanted to lol at you, but after looking over it some more, I actually kind of like where you're going with this. :D

That would be one unkitable Throwtinel. The fact that all the force attacks are on lower CD AND you have Precision Slash... sounds delicious for PvP.

just going to reply to this here where it belongs.

I really don't mean to rain on your parade, or piss in your cornflakes, but this 'fun' build is going to get you good and stomped. So in the end, unless you like beatdowns, it will in fact be a 'depressing' build, not fun.

lol o man, you really must have never played a Throwbarb in D2x. There was only like blue item throwaxes, and one yellow. Couldn't kill a Zombie in act 1 nightmare with a throwbarb let along pvp in hell mode.

Throwbarbs become like an obsession with people who were deep into the game and could stack poison charms. So very fun to chuck axes a little and then run to safety and go chuck some more.

Edited by RakeHoxven

lol o man, you really must have never played a Throwbarb in D2x. There was only like blue item throwaxes, and one yellow. Couldn't kill a Zombie in act 1 nightmare with a throwbarb let along pvp in hell mode.

Throwbarbs become like an obsession with people who were deep into the game and could stack poison charms. So very fun to chuck axes a little and then run to safety and go chuck some more.

Ok, I hate to jump to conclusions, so I gave it a second, really close look. While I may never actually try this spec (re-binding everything and fighting muscle memory would be a pain) this actually does look really F'IN FUN. Kudos man, nice creativity. I actually do want to try this, I just don't suspect it would hit worth a damn, sadly...

And no, never liked D1, so never purchased D2 and have no desire to try D3. Sorry :-/

Edited by Mal-Sharran

As silly as it is, Blade Storm for 1 focus on a 6 second cooldown is kinda fun.

Yeah, ranged root, cheap as dirt BS, two gap closers...I'd actually drop the 2 points in Master Strike snare, since it only works half the time, and put them into something like Insight, Swift Slash, Saber Strength or Focused Slash 2/3 maybe.

*edit* Then again, maybe not, because MS root is really really nice when it does work...

Edited by Mal-Sharran

Yeah, ranged root, cheap as dirt BS, two gap closers...I'd actually drop the 2 points in Master Strike snare, since it only works half the time, and put them into something like Insight, Swift Slash, Saber Strength or Focused Slash 2/3 maybe.

*edit* Then again, maybe not, because MS root is really really nice when it does work...

The range increase on pacify is nice. Now I actually remember to use it more often.

In Juyo form wouldn't this be the best burst sents could pump out? Stasis.force leap, pop all your cds, precision, sweep, master strike, and then what i assume by then if they aren't dead dispatch?

I honestly don't even know what you're asking. The only way the OP's spec would work is in Shii-Cho, two talents in the Focus tree demand you be in Shii-Cho for it to work. Juyo is not an option.

Damn, and i was hoping noone else would figure this out, and i'd surprise everyone with insane Blade Storm (1 focus, 6 seconds) & Force Sweep (1 focus, 9 seconds) spam when my Sentinel is finaly high enuff to try it... :(

Oh, and i'd max out Quick Recovery and Insight instead of Debilitation/Stagger.