Encyclopedia Revalations

Lavariusstar

Just thought I'd make a thread for people to post new information from the encyclopedia that just recently came out.Feel free to post any information from the encyclopedia that you found interesting or important in this thread.Just be weary that not everyone has the encyclopedia,so just use spoiler tags:cool:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emperor that Revan faced in the Revan novel was not a Voice but was in fact his true body. After the attack the Emperor created the Voice in order to protect himself from future attacks. This also proves that the Emperor is in fact a Sith pureblood

2 previously unmentioned Dark Council seats and members including the Keeper of Mysteries to which the description is unsurprisingly vague

The Republic are winning the war, this isn't really brand new info but clarification on how the war is swinging, however key to the Empire's victory is close at hand.

Darth Marr is the leader of the Dark Council, not the official one but de facto. He is the most powerful member.

This is all I can remember right now, there may be more...

Confirmation that Zabraks have two hearts and a high pain tolerance. Also the Republic Zabraks(brownish skin colour) are the original species, whereas the ones that look like Darth Maul(red skin colour) are actually sub species that developed on isolated Zabrak colonies with a different culture and traditions.

Wookiees are forbidden to use their claws in battle. Violation of this rule is punished with banishment.

Edited by Eightus

Wookiees are forbidden to use their claws in battle. Violation of this rule is punished with banishment.

That is by no means new information.

We were already introduced to this information all the way back in KOTOR 1 during the Kashyyyk arc. Though from what I recall, the rule (and thus the reason for the banishment of Zaalbar) was to "not use your claws against a fellow tribe member".

That is by no means new information.

We were already introduced to this information all the way back in KOTOR 1 during the Kashyyyk arc. Though from what I recall, the rule (and thus the reason for the banishment of Zaalbar) was to "not use your claws against a fellow tribe member".

Correct, they are called 'madclaw' and banished to the Shadowlands or exiled from the planet. This isn't knew for people who have played KOTOR

Some nice tidbits and interesting trivia.

Is there anything new to be learned about companion ages? I know the ages are mentioned but are those their ages for when they are recruited, from the beginning of the character's story, or from the end of the character's story?

Any mention or clarification on that with dates or anything?

As you can probably tell I havent played KOTOR 1, so it was a new piece of information for me.

Then what are you doing here! Go play it! :D

But seriously I would advise giving it a go, if its just a bit to dated for you try KOTOR 2 - both are very fun. Or you could just wait and hope they get a makeover like other BioWare titles on their 10th anniversary.

Some nice tidbits and interesting trivia.

Is there anything new to be learned about companion ages? I know the ages are mentioned but are those their ages for when they are recruited, from the beginning of the character's story, or from the end of the character's story?

Yes, they are all given an age, I assume its from time of recruitment. Each companion has a mini profile too. This info is probably on Wookiepedia though.

Then what are you doing here! Go play it! :D

But seriously I would advise giving it a go, if its just a bit to dated for you try KOTOR 2 - both are very fun. Or you could just wait and hope they get a makeover like other BioWare titles on their 10th anniversary.

Ever since I got into the Old Republic era Ive always wanted to play both of them, but for some reason Ive never actually played them. I will though, some day :D.

Ever since I got into the Old Republic era Ive always wanted to play both of them, but for some reason Ive never actually played them. I will though, some day :D.

They're both very cheap on Steam--something like ten dollars each. They'll probably feel old in terms of gameplay, but they are legendary. I would do it for their stories, which clearly connect to TOR. :)

The Emperor that Revan faced in the Revan novel was not a Voice but was in fact his true body. After the attack the Emperor created the Voice in order to protect himself from future attacks. This also proves that the Emperor is in fact a Sith pureblood

2 previously unmentioned Dark Council seats and members including the Keeper of Mysteries to which the description is unsurprisingly vague

The Republic are winning the war, this isn't really brand new info but clarification on how the war is swinging, however key to the Empire's victory is close at hand.

Darth Marr is the leader of the Dark Council, not the official one but de facto. He is the most powerful member.

This is all I can remember right now, there may be more...

This is interesting. I don't have the book yet so I haven't taken a look, but a few questions/things to discuss:

• Marr being the 'de facto' leader of the Dark Council isn't surprising, considering his authoritative figure and him putting Ravage into his place almost constantly.
  • I am thrilled to hear that the Emperor's true body is the one described in the book. I was wondering why it was so detailed there.
  • Good to have confirmation that the Republic is indeed winning the war (though it was assumed this, I am glad it was confirmed nonetheless). Is the "key to the Empire's victory" alluding to new content? That's what is sticking out to me. Considering how it is a new book, I would think that it ties into their plans for new content.

Edited by Ravager

They're both very cheap on Steam--something like ten dollars each. They'll probably feel old in terms of gameplay, but they are legendary. I would do it for their stories, which clearly connect to TOR. :)

Tbh as long as the story is good I dont really care about the graphics or the gameplay :D. I believe here in the UK they are quite cheap as well, £6.99 each, on steam.

This is interesting. I don't have the book yet so I haven't taken a look, but a few questions/things to discuss:

• Good to have confirmation that the Republic is indeed winning the war (though it was assumed this, I am glad it was confirmed nonetheless). Is the "key to the Empire's victory" alluding to new content? That's what is sticking out to me. Considering how it is a new book, I would think that it ties into their plans for new content.

These are the exact words, at the very last page titled AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE. (its also got a big backdrop of Darth Malgus, indicating this guy is probably coming back, all hail Darth Malgus! :D

ROAD TO REPUBLIC VICTORY

The Republic holds the advantage in the war against the Empire. Hope and confidence inspire millions following key triumphs and the defeat of the SITH EMPEROR by a Jedi strike team.

To ensure Republic victory, SUPREME CHANCELLOR SARESH personally oversees the war effort. With charm and passion, she rallies the masses and pledges to wipe the Empire from the galaxy.

On the orders of SUPREME COMMANDER JACE MALCOM, the Republic's armed forces wage a decisive war against the Empire using every weapon at their disposal.

As the Republic marches to battle, their fight bolstered by the Jedi Order. Guided by GRAND MASTER SATELE SHAN, the Jedi once more seek to defend peace and cleanse the galaxy of Sith corruption.

For the first time since the war broke out, victory is in sight. Guided by leaders new and old, the Republic battles with renewed strength to defeat the Empire once and for all...

As you can see is also flowers and rainbows on the Republic side, not so much for the Empire...

NEW ERA OF THE EMPIRE

The Sith Empire reels from its near destruction at the hands of MALGUS THE BETRAYER (forgot to mention this, he's got a title now), the once revered Imperial war hero. While Malgus's rebellion erupted in failure, the fire of his revolution lives on.

Rampant dissatisfaction rots the core of the Empire. Military leaders lose faith in the fight. Sith Lords once united against the Republic now abandon the Empire to embark on bold power grabs. And amidst the chaos, Imperial worlds begin falling to the Republic.

As the Empire loses its grip on the galaxy, rumors rage about the assassination of the SITH EMPEROR. The Republic celebrates, but the citizens of the Empire know only that their supreme leader is absent when they need him most.

But hope still burns in millions of Imperial hearts. DARTH MARR steps forward from his Dark Council seat to guide the Empire's resurgence. Aliens join the Imperial ranks, as Sith recognize the wisdom of Darth Malgus's inclusive ideas. Loyal Sith and patriotic soldiers fight to repel the oppressive Republic, not knowing that the key to the Empire's victory is close at hand...

Those final words are the most interesting. My theory is that internal divisions within the Empire are going to dominant most of the Imp Characters storylines, especially the SI and IA. The BH and SW are probably going to be more focused on fighting the Empire, although the BH may also be taking out Imperial threats as well. Characters like Grand Moff Regus are rumoured to rebel, and then there's the Dread Masters. After a large period of rebelling and unfication attempts by Darth Marr (who I expect will become the new face of the Empire - Replacing Malgus/the Emperor if you like, flashpoint guy as well etc.) the Empire will suddenly discover this 'key to victory' and the storylines will become focused on whatever that is. This will if you like, be the Empire's Last Gasp - a huge assault of some form with massive Imperial victories and colossal Republic losses, it shall be epic. However when the climax is reached, BAM, our buddy the Sith Emperor turns up, threatening to bring the galaxy to its knees. Both factions are forced to address this threat, and the Empire becomes a casualty, the action of rebelling against their leader bringing them crumbling down and so ending the Great Galactic War. (I expect the final part, the collapse of the Empire, will be covered in a separate work, either a book or a stand-alone videogame with a roleplay focus) As for Darth Malgus, I am unsure how he will fit in to this, only time will tell.

EDIT: Had a thought about Malgus. The Empire has to discover this 'key to victory' somehow, so perhaps it is Malgus. Lets assume he lives, and flees into the Unknown Regions as Wookiepedia pretends his does, what does he find their, what has he already found their? During the Cold War Malgus concerned himself with expanding the Empire's territories in the Outer Rim, perhaps he found ancient Rakata Technology (Rakata seems a defining feature of the Old Republic Era) or some other form of weapon. He already had control over the foundry so that could have lead to some clues. So perhaps Malgus returns with this new power, and is reaccepted into the Empire (who by know will have accepted his is right) and this knew power is used against the Republic, with Malgus and Marr at the helm, and the Emperor scheming in the shadows.

Edited by Beniboybling

Could people note what stories the spoilers relate to? Without a clue it's impossible to know whether to click or not.

apologies, but the info I posted have no specific relation to any storylines, they are more general comments on the game. None will spoil anything for you really.

A new kick in guts for Empire players, in particular IA's how aren't traitors

The guy you spend all oof chapter two getting to know and then kill, is not the head of SIS, he is head of Mid-Rim Operations

So Biowear any other imperial achievements you want to retcon?

I also think that line about the 'Key to the Empire's victory' may refer to the new book.

Edited by Ausstig

Lets assume he lives, and flees into the Unknown Regions as Wookiepedia pretends his does, what does he find their, what has he already found their? During the Cold War Malgus concerned himself with expanding the Empire's territories in the Outer Rim, perhaps he found ancient Rakata Technology (Rakata seems a defining feature of the Old Republic Era) or some other form of weapon. He already had control over the foundry so that could have lead to some clues. So perhaps Malgus returns with this new power, and is reaccepted into the Empire (who by know will have accepted his is right) and this knew power is used against the Republic, with Malgus and Marr at the helm, and the Emperor scheming in the shadows.

Malgus himself is unlikely to play any future roles, considering Lead Writer Hall Hood has confirmed that Malgus is dead. If anything, his only known apprentice, Darth Karrid, would continue his path. Then again, the Sith Inquisitor may also do something to similiar extend since he/she also supports the change within the Empire, to what extend that happens is of course up to the player.

As far as "plot devices" go, there is still the Infinite Engine from Revan's complex on Nar Shaddaa. Let's say a powerful Sith Lord (like that ominous Keeper of Mysterious or Darth Nox, who afterall is in charge of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge) gets a hold of it and manages to make it grow very fast through some sort of Dark Side ritual, they would have the means to get themselves another Foundry or Star Forge.

A new kick in guts for Empire players, in particular IA's how aren't traitors

The guy you spend all oof chapter two getting to know and then kill, is not the head of SIS, he is head of Mid-Rim Operations

So Biowear any other imperial achievements you want to retcon?

I also think that line about the 'Key to the Empire's victory' may refer to the new book.

From the beginning of the mission you knew that Ardun Kohte was the head of Mid-Rim Operations, which is part of SIS. Never did they once state that he is head of all of the SIS. So please dont spread incorrect information about the writers taking away Imperial achievements.

It is easy to miss, because it is in a sidebar at the very beginning, but it is spelled out explicitly that the date for the beginning of the game, used as the standard of reference in the encyclopedia, is 3640 BBY, thirteen years after the Treaty of Coruscant. So ages of companions are relative to that baseline date.

The encyclopedia does not map out a timeline for the stories in play, or say over how long a span of time they take place. So that is still left quite vague. Plainly some companions join you later than others, but I would read the age in the profile as their age in 3640.

It is easy to miss, because it is in a sidebar at the very beginning, but it is spelled out explicitly that the date for the beginning of the game, used as the standard of reference in the encyclopedia, is 3640 BBY, thirteen years after the Treaty of Coruscant.

Interesting. I went through the Journal of Gnost-Dural yesterday to get the actual years for the cinematics leading up to the game. There's a 13-year span between each event. Thirteen years before the game was the Sacking of Coruscant. Thirteen years before that was the Battle of Alderaan. Thirteen years before that was the arrival of the Sith at Korriban. The writers seem to like that number for some reason.

Interesting. I went through the Journal of Gnost-Dural yesterday to get the actual years for the cinematics leading up to the game. There's a 13-year span between each event. Thirteen years before the game was the Sacking of Coruscant. Thirteen years before that was the Battle of Alderaan. Thirteen years before that was the arrival of the Sith at Korriban. The writers seem to like that number for some reason.

39 years? No wonder Malgus looks *********** horrible now. xD