PTR - 16 man operations review.

Posted this on the PTS forums also, but thought people in here might want a peek.

So we went in tonight and did a 16 man run in story mode.

We killed the first 3 encounters and spent a few attempts on the last encounter.

I am not going to go into detailed strategies here, just some overall reviews on the fights.

Raid Makeup

Tanks-

Assassin

Powertech

Heals

Sorc

Sorc

Sorc

Operative

Melee DPS

Maurader

Maurader

Assassin

Operative

Powertech

Juggernaught

Ranged DPS

Mercenary

Mercenary

Mercenary

Sniper

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First boss -

Zorn and Toth

1.4 million hit points each

Fun learning curve, this boss on 16's is ALL about positioning and tank swaps.

Get your tank swaps down and DPS positioning right and the fight is cake - a little differently done than 8 man which we killed with CKN the first afternoon operations were released.

Enrage timer on both 8 and 16 is easily doable in full rakata - I see no problems with people in 1/2 rakata making the enrage timer once you get the fight down. Which in my opinion is about right for what it should be. Being able to clear hard mode and get some rakata in EV/KP.

It took us a total of 18 attempts to get him down. We tried tons of different positioning strategies and once we found one we worked out the kinks then the actual kill wasn't too hard really.

So key here - Positioning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Boss

Stormcaller Blast Tank and Fireband Battle Tank

We went in tonight and one shot this guy. to be fair we probably spent about an hour and a half of total previous attempts on them on Tuesday but only with 14 people.

This fight has a quite a few mechanics but mainly requires coordination and people to be situationally aware and the fight is pretty easy.

Didn't ever see enrage on this boss, not sure what the timer is but it is pretty relaxed as our kill was kind of sloppy with at least one DPS dead the whole way through.

3rd boss

Colonel Vorgath

Puzzle boss.

I was impressed with the encounter - the puzzle takes some figuring out on exactly what needs to be done, but once you get it, again, for a 16 man raid in full rakata the fight wasn't hard at all really.

Puzzle is unique and fun, we did hit the enrage on the boss - but again, sloppy kill with 2-3 people dead.

Final boss.

Warlord Kephess.

We did 3 attempts on him with 14 people (was after our normal raiding hours) and it took that many to figure out exactly what needs to be done and all of the mechanics involved in the fight.

All I am going to say about this fight is this. EPIC. Well done bioware. The fight is entertaining, engaging, requires coordination and is just all out a blast.

The only thing bad I have to say about this operation is the trash blows. Too much, too annoying, pointless trash. I understand some trash needs to be there but I was really hoping for something along the lines of EV trash.

There is just too much and it takes more time clearing trash than it does to figure out how to kill a boss.

There's a PTS forum, you should probably not double post there and here just because you think you're awesome for clearing easy story mode content prior to actual release.

Lol how constructive of you. Something like this isn't really highlighting bugs or anything, its more of a post of information for the community. I've seen other people ask to have these kinda posts about 1.2 ops posted in general discussion along with pts forum because.lots of people arnt likely to visit the other forum.

Anyways, review is a bit simplistic - would like to sre something more indepth in future, but keep up the good work :) can't wait.

Also if you have any kill videos, particularly with voice chat embedded, not just cool music - would appreciate it ^^

Lol how constructive of you. Something like this isn't really highlighting bugs or anything, its more of a post of information for the community. I've seen other people ask to have these kinda posts about 1.2 ops posted in general discussion along with pts forum because.lots of people arnt likely to visit the other forum.

Anyways, review is a bit simplistic - would like to sre something more indepth in future, but keep up the good work :) can't wait.

Also if you have any kill videos, particularly with voice chat embedded, not just cool music - would appreciate it ^^

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

gj on the ptr good to hear some peeps put in effort to help BW with new stuff, anyway i am abit disapointed that accourding to you there is only 4 bosses in 1.2 operation ?

anyway i hope the trash is hard and long or else my guild is gonna fall part, too many guildies have stated that if in 1.2 is not atleast 10 of raiding each week they will not continue playing :(

Edited by juleanden

http://www.twitch.tv/mywiddlepony/b/312546726

Thats our stream from the first boss - all attempts and the kill at the end.

Skip to 1:17:00 for the killing attempt.

Not sure why he didn't stream after but that's all we have atm.

You do understand you're free to not pick up loot, right...?

wow, I would have never thought of that if you didn't point it out, thanks!

Cause fully gearing people in one raid night and not having them log in again isn't good enough, now we have them watch us delete it!

99% of this forum is people whining because they don't understand probability. This guy acutally posts something that's both informative and entertaining and you want him to go away?

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

99% of this forum is people whining because they don't understand probability. This guy acutally posts something that's both informative and entertaining and you want him to go away?

You missed my point.

He double posted this exact same thing in both forums. People who post things out of topic are the reason the SWTOR forums are a wreck.

You missed my point.

He double posted this exact same thing in both forums. People who post things out of topic are the reason the SWTOR forums are a wreck.

How is it off-topic though?

And even if you had a valid point - you were unreasonably rude in your first post.

Maybe that's why SWTOR forums are a wreck - because of unreasonable and uncalled for rudeness.