lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just took off all of my gear and surprise (well not a surprise)! I have better stats running naked.

ty very much bw, i was dreaming to have the bolster that will bring on par players who actually spent a lot of time to get their gear with ones who are willing to run naked.

Well done indeed.

Yea it's a trainwreck. My PvP geared characters are in EWH/WH and are around 1600 expertise. Meanwhile my mid 30s guardian with not exactly up to date mods has 2k. Main stat and health are much higher as well.

Basically , the crappier the gear the better it is for you in pvp now.... Nothing fair about this... YOu get better stats for being bad or for just not having proper gear... So there is still a disadvantage, just in favor of the crappy geared players.

This is just a tad ridiculous. I played a few PvP matches after the patch went live this evening, and I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. I was on one team of all 50s, and we all had around the same health give or take a few thousand; nothing wrong with this. My next match, I was in a motley crew of random levels, and I noticed that a level 41 mercenary had over 10k health more than my level 50 assassin in PvP gear.

I proceeded to get 2 shot throughout the next matches by lowbies, even when I went Darkness. Before the patch? As Darkness I was pretty darn hard to kill, at least solo. As deception? I didn't rock the charts (only hit 50 a day or two ago on that toon), but I definitely held my own, got objectives, controlled the field, and still did decent damage.

Now I'm lucky if I live long enough to get 3 attacks off against a 38 sorc.

What happened?

Edited by SystemProcess

This is just a tad ridiculous. I played a few PvP matches after the patch went live this evening, and I don't think I've ever been so frustrated. I was on one team of all 50s, and we all had around the same health give or take a few thousand; nothing wrong with this. My next match, I was in a motley crew of random levels, and I noticed that a level 41 mercenary had over 10k health more than my level 50 assassin in PvP gear.

I proceeded to get 2 shot throughout the next matches by lowbies, even when I went Darkness. Before the patch? As Darkness I was pretty darn hard to kill, at least solo. As deception? I didn't rock the charts (only hit 50 a day or two ago on that toon), but I definitely held my own, got objectives, controlled the field, and still did decent damage.

Now I'm lucky if I live long enough to get 3 attacks off against a 38 sorc.

What happened?

Bioware happened and they didn't listen to anybody they were so wrapped up in "Oh we want pvp to be "Fair" though" well, now you are better off being a lowbie in the warzone bc if you are lvl 50 with ewh gear you are getting 2 shot by a lowbie in full greens.

Lets get this out of the way I PVP ALLOT I LOVE IT

So basically when you are naked Bolster says you should have ~x stat in your bracer slot and y expertise It does this for each piece of gear individually and boosts you accordingly. You can be naked and still get good stats and expertise. Great for noobs in warzones in theory.

Expertise was added so pvpers wouldnt get stomped by the crazy amount of stat in PVE gear. Raiders cant pwn pvpers like they are a raid boss with only 20k hp. Ideally 1vs1, 2 people in full EWH would be = THe goal ideally everyone is in full EWH and PVPing on level ground. The gear grind was t give PVPers some kind of end goal and to separate themselves from non pvpers

In 2.0 bolster levels the field for everyone already

So what is the attraction of buying true 55 pvp gear? To put in a disproportionate amount of grinding to buy gear that gives you only a slight edge So now you have max expertise you grinded out by being naked for weeks., why get it at all? Why doesnt everyone just pvp naked forever? We are already level. WE can just PVP now right? I love the whole skill> gear and I love equal ground but what is the Carrot on a stick? what is our goal without Open world PVP?

Sure let the newcomers play naked and later get true pvp gear. MAke it less painful for everyone -thumbs up- But what is there to do with the gear? True PVP gear only matters in Open world Pvp Let the warzones be the half-painless intro to get PVP gear to do stuff that makes a difference to the galaxy. Until Open world PVP with consequences, and benefits and objectives and big epic base battles for resources there's no reason we shouldnt all just ignore the grind and pvp naked. I just dont see how BW expects to keep us playing on warzones alone

I fear that as much as I love small gear gap in pvp, playing the same warzone a million times for no reason is gonna get boring for even me. Im also very interested to see a Fully augmented pve-er join a warzone and get some free expertise to go with his insanely high pve stats

Edited by supafreak

What is wrong with this dev team? They had all this time to test this system and work out the kinks and they just release **** and then either they will have to fix it later, or they will just leave it as is.....

There is something wrong with this bolster system devs... You should have caught this before it went live, but you didn't are we stuck with this now?

What you're seeing is damage dealt and taken with lack of proper coordination. In this game, Guard and taunts can drop a player's burst to 35% of normal damage. (70% of normal with the taunt which is split by Guard.) This means damage without those two things in play can be quite ridiculous. It's just like in Warhammer Online. In low man or pug situations, people die fast. In coordinated groups, engagements can last an extremely long time. Except there's no OP group healing in this game.

The bolster is no question bugged. But this is what PvP looks like with everyone even. Proper use of guard, taunts, peels, and heals are mandatory to survive. Maybe it will get people to actually bring proper tanks into solo queue PvP. But I doubt it.

What you're seeing is damage dealt and taken with lack of proper coordination. In this game, Guard and taunts can drop a player's burst to 35% of normal damage. (70% of normal with the taunt which is split by Guard.) This means damage without those two things in play can be quite ridiculous. It's just like in Warhammer Online. In low man or pug situations, people die fast. In coordinated groups, engagements can last an extremely long time. Except there's no OP group healing in this game.

The bolster is no question bugged. But this is what PvP looks like with everyone even. Proper use of guard, taunts, peels, and heals are mandatory to survive. Maybe it will get people to actually bring proper tanks into solo queue PvP. But I doubt it.

Except for, everyone is NOT even.... Some people have like 30k hp others have 20k , **** is ridiculous. Not even.

What is wrong with this dev team? They had all this time to test this system and work out the kinks and they just release **** and then either they will have to fix it later, or they will just leave it as is.....

There is something wrong with this bolster system devs... You should have caught this before it went live, but you didn't are we stuck with this now?

This is what BW looks for on PTS forums

-does the vendor work? no? fix

-does the CM gear look right? fix

-how is the clipping? fix

-did anyone get stuck in the floor of the new area? fix

-do mobs spawn right? fix

- is the 3rd rock from the left on the monument the right shade of grey? FIX

-X class is a total cluster F#*! here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

- Z skill is totally runing pvp/pve here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

- Y class needs nerf/buff to work here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

XY change is a REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA anyone who has played and has a brain can see this DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN IM WARNING YOU DO NOT SEND TO lIVE how did a dev not see this? how did this make it past the design phase and closed beta? FOR THE GOOD OF SWTOR I IMPLORE YOU TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

Edited by supafreak

@Tarelther

You are very incorrect. Everyone is -not- even. If you can PvP naked with a weapon and have higher stats than someone in real gear, there is a problem. Bolster is broken and there isn't any question about it, as far as I can tell. I've played coordinated PvP with taunts and guards and peels, and it was never as silly as what this seems to be.

A 38 in greens should NOT have 10k more health than a 50 in decent gear. That is not even. That is broken.

I'm considering just wearing ****** gear so I can own face too.

Edited by SystemProcess

I loved PvP not so much anymore, it kind of blows just seemed like a giant cluster of people dying in like 2 shots.

(If everybody is given 1800 expertise for free why even use the stat at all.)

i just took off all of my gear and surprise (well not a surprise)! I have better stats running naked.

ty very much bw, i was dreaming to have the bolster that will bring on par players who actually spent a lot of time to get their gear with ones who are willing to run naked.

Well done indeed.

Was this also a fact on PTS, that using WH gear was worse then being naked? If so, how in the holy hell could they push this to live!? :eek:

Im also very interested to see a Fully augmented pve-er join a warzone and get some free expertise to go with his insanely high pve stats

Your entire post is spot on imo, and i was wondering the same as the quoted text myself!

This is what BW looks for on PTS forums

-does the vendor work? no? fix

-does the CM gear look right? fix

-how is the clipping? fix

-did anyone get stuck in the floor of the new area? fix

-do mobs spawn right? fix

- is the 3rd rock from the left on the monument the right shade of grey? FIX

-X class is a total cluster F#*! here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

- Z skill is totally runing pvp/pve here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

- Y class needs nerf/buff to work here are a list of experienced players who see this and offer solutions/warnings for free- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

XY change is a REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA anyone who has played and has a brain can see this DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN IM WARNING YOU DO NOT SEND TO lIVE how did a dev not see this? how did this make it past the design phase and closed beta? FOR THE GOOD OF SWTOR I IMPLORE YOU TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER- IGNORE till post live and MASSIVE QQ and probably sub loss

Exactly , Mainy people warned these idiots on pts about this bolster system and they still went through with it. I don't think a single dev played this system and actually took the time to realize what was going on and all the details.

PvP in Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130405

We are tweaking the system on PTS and squashing out bugs currently, so nothing is set in stone. For example, we are squashing bugs that cause the ‘Naked Bolsterer’ issue.

"we are squashing bugs"! This will be done in 2.1? 2.2? mb 3.0? LOL! :D:rak_02::rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

at least now you can PvP naked. I do more damage with my juggernaut jumping in your face wth my bare hairy balls first than I ever did with my kickazz Robotarmor.

Nice work BioWare.

Edited by Uvirith

@Tarelther

You are very incorrect. Everyone is -not- even. If you can PvP naked with a weapon and have higher stats than someone in real gear, there is a problem. Bolster is broken and there isn't any question about it, as far as I can tell. I've played coordinated PvP with taunts and guards and peels, and it was never as silly as what this seems to be.

A 38 in greens should NOT have 10k more health than a 50 in decent gear. That is not even. That is broken.

I'm considering just wearing ****** gear so I can own face too.

Ah, but everyone has the option to be naked, do they not?

BW SWTOR Reminds me of my brother. I love him and I always stick up for him when others put him down. I know he has allot of good but had a few rough circumstances. He wants to change i say. He's doing better I say. He needs to get ouf of this town and get a real job i say. Ill do what I can to help

then he lies to me, gets caught doing something again and makes me look like an idiot

Oh SWTOR you are frustrating sometimes

Edited by supafreak