When you push PvP in a game that has never tried to address issues in PvP...The irony

LegionAlpha

Title says it all.

With this new initiative coming to hopefully incite more participation and movement in the ranked pvp scene, a necessary topic to discuss is tackling issues that have plagued PvP right from beta in this game. There are many directions to go, but the point is that there can be no increase in participation if there is no increase in the focus and attention given to the PvP aspect of the game. This includes, but is not limited to:

Class balance

Bugs

Glitches

Exploits

Worthwhile Rewards

These are just a few of the basics that occur in every pvp match. If you want more participation, start addressing the problems this game has had in PvP from the very beginning. Have some people comb through the 9years of pvp forums for generic stuff, reflect honestly about class balancing in it's current state and how to tackle that, etc... I mean, so many things are wrong with this picture that it's almost laughable. You want a community that hates your pvp (i personally don't, I que solo/grouped, etc...) to be more involved, and yet you have no track record of actually making pvp good in this game.

8v8 ranked was some of the best back in the day. Had some of the most participation. You then removed it for arena.... Why not have both? Can it really be one or the other? Think. Reflect. Admit failure and move forward from it EAware.

Title says it all.

8v8 ranked was some of the best back in the day. Had some of the most participation. You then removed it for arena.... Why not have both? Can it really be one or the other? Think. Reflect. Admit failure and move forward from it EAware.

THis is the truest statement ever made concerning SWTOR PvP 8v8 was awesome way back when

I would like to add the queues themselves.

Unranked should be split into separate queues afaic: huttball and non-huttbal 8v8 and arenas. They should be separate queues that can all be selected and deselected individually. And the queues should only be solo queues to help against premades ruining unranked.

Also, based on the assumption that unranked is not capped, it should be capped just like level 70 content to disallow gear to make too big a difference.

Player "I need some water."

Bioware "Here, drink this hot dog water."

Player "I like hot dogs sometimes, but I really don't want to drink hot dog water, thank you."

Bioware "You'll drink this hot dog water and like it!"

Player gets sick from drinking hot dog water and dies. Eventually his CC card is canceled and EA doesn't get it's monthly sub fee.

EA "Where'd that money go?"

Bioware "That jerk didn't like my hot dogs!"

FIN

Nicely put,

Although I Miss 8v8, it will never come back to the game; I still miss it terribly. Onto the post, your correct all around, but I'm pretty sure your points won't be appropriately addressed since I think this carrot has been put forward before. With rewards or other game incentives brought out to increase the PVP population without correcting PVP issues.

Class balance fails (at times spectacularly) because classes must be designed for compatibility with PVP and PVE content, which doesn't always bode well for the other content and has been an issue since the game launched. As for bugs and other issues, well, at times, I cross my fingers and hope they'll eventually get to it, sometimes they do if enough complaints roll in or it's game-breaking. Or you'll still see the problem remains unaddressed for years on end.

I don't PVP nearly as much as I used to; it's not as enjoyable for me, and I've never liked 4v4 ranked compared to the old system of 8v8 ranked, which was messy but fun. The only nice things I can say about 4v4 matches are how quick they are, most of the time, and how it can teach a new player to adequately understand their class with the deathmatching aspect (which is why I believe PVP should be encouraged for new players in the lower levels). However, I think Bioware should give this post a read, I doubt it will be read, but it does make some good points.