question on Tunneler in MM hammer station

As a healer, I know I have to cleanse the tank at 4-5 stacks but after I cleanse I am on a 30 second cool down and sometimes the debuff comes right back on the tank. There is nothing I can do during cool down so is this a bug or does the tank have to cleanse when this happens?

The channel will build 10 stacks with increasing damage which is why you reset it to 0 halfway through with a cleanse.

It's normal to see stacks right after a cleanse because the boss is going to finish putting the rest of the 10 stacks on.

Edited by Gyronamics

You don't cleanse twice.

The channel builds to 10 and then the stacks vanish.

Or as you should be doing it, the channel builds stacks to 5, you cleanse, it builds to 5 again then vanishes because the channel ends.

The point is to not let the stacks build too high because the damage ticks increase the higher the stacks and letting the stacks build all the way up should be unhealable.

Edited by Gyronamics

Well its partly on you to heal hard during the channel and its on them to use a DCD because there's no other mechanic in the entire fight that they need to use a DCD on.

You walk away from the adds and the boss does a normal attack when he's not using the laser.

answer is simple - don't bother with HS :D

Others FPs are much simpler in fact. For example Cademimu, if you have slicer and scavenger it will be faster then RR even. No super tank or heal is needed, just move properly.

Edited by alexzk

ok that explains a lot. I have had some tanks who seem to die on the second set of stacks that I cannot cleanse and they seem to think its my fault.

Well its up to healer to handle this. You need to heal the tank intensively during the first 5 stacks and then cleanse. Then you need to again heal the tank intensively during the next 5 stacks. It should be no problem as the other dps and you shouldnt be taking any damage so all heals are on the one tank.

Keep in mind that people mostly do this FPS now on MM with 3 dps and 1 healer and they still manage this fight. Its mainly due to the fact that people know that strategy adjust their cds they have. Like a jugg and taunt and reflect the beam, next beam he uses cds or selfheal etc, then the next beam he has reflect again. So even dps classes can mitigate this.