Most frustrating thing in Huttball

Banderal

You have the ball. Your health is doing OK. You are standing, waiting for the fire to go off. 3-4 of your team is there with you. 1 or 2 of the other team is there. The fire turns off. You team mates keep right on death-matching, and none cross the fire-grate for a pass. Hello? I have no Cc breaker up. My resolve is not full. If I run across I'm going to get rooted or stunned and burned to death! FFS - RUN ACROSS THE DA-MN GRATE SO I CAN PASS! :mad:

OK, rant over. Sorry. I don't really vent in the game, so I did it here instead.

or you have a comando on you team that stand on your side of the fire "defending the goal line" and he get leaped by the same jugernat 3 time and 3 time he trys to knock back a guy with unremitant.

hello stand on the side of the pit by the heals and bomb away let the stealth guy and gun slingers stand at the fire.

I was wishing for friendly fire so i could use my knock back to get him off the bridge

You pass the ball and run across the fire then you either wait for the pass or go to a better location.

NOOB!!! Just kidding.

Actually... hmm... I hadn't thought of that. Noob that I am. :) Except I bet whoever I passed to would immediately start trying to run across the fire. But I'll try it next time instead of raging at my screen and see if it works. Thanks!

You have the ball. Your health is doing OK. You are standing, waiting for the fire to go off. 3-4 of your team is there with you. 1 or 2 of the other team is there. The fire turns off. You team mates keep right on death-matching, and none cross the fire-grate for a pass. Hello? I have no Cc breaker up. My resolve is not full. If I run across I'm going to get rooted or stunned and burned to death! FFS - RUN ACROSS THE DA-MN GRATE SO I CAN PASS! :mad:

OK, rant over. Sorry. I don't really vent in the game, so I did it here instead.

, what class are you? and there are other options than running past the fire. This may not apply to every class but as a shadow tank i find huttball it be quite easy.. i cant be killed , and trol- i mean pulling people it quite fun aswell.

I can see where you are comming from

Can't expect pugs to..well..do anything. But every now and then some will setup for you, I've had sages pull my shadow to the goal line or to upper tiers, not to mention some good transcendence pops from sents. They are out there, just not too common. Refreshing when they turn up though. Edited by NickEwok

But every now and then some will setup for you, I've had sages pull my shadow to the goal line or to upper tiers, not to mention some good transcendence pops from sents. They are out there, just not too common. Refreshing when they turn up though.

Yes, much as HB can be the most frustrating WZs, I think it's also the most fun when you have a team that actually knows how and executes "plays". It's just a blast when there are people in good positions to pass to, resolves are not being needlessly filled, people are using the traps effectively. I suffer through all the bad HBs just for the few good ones.

For the poster that asked what class I was, I'm also a shadow-tank. I'd used up all the tricks I know to get to the fire in that particular case - (mostly force sprint and my cc breaker though). I think my entire team was behind me, trying to DM the other side. If you want to go through the other things I could have done I'm glad to read. Always willing to learn what I don't know (or even what I used to know and forgot :) ).

I happened to be on the upside in this one but I would have been f****** furious had I been on the other team.

I was following our ball carrier healing him. We were on the upper walkway near their goal waiting for the last fire to go down when out of no where a wild Jugg appears. He leaps up and force pushes our ball carrier.

Towards his goal.

This is why snipers are important to guard your half of the map. I remember when i was sitting at the goal line with enemy guardian in the pit, i can only imagine him keeping target on me and tapping leap button just in case i moved :D

No sir! I like my cover!

Edited by NoTomorrow

I was wishing for friendly fire so i could use my knock back to get him off the bridge

Better yet, make a sage and pull his *** into the fire whenever he stands there. Maybe you could ring a little bell every time you do it, so eventually all he needs to do is hear the bell and he will move.

For the poster that asked what class I was, I'm also a shadow-tank. I'd used up all the tricks I know to get to the fire in that particular case - (mostly force sprint and my cc breaker though). I think my entire team was behind me, trying to DM the other side. If you want to go through the other things I could have done I'm glad to read. Always willing to learn what I don't know (or even what I used to know and forgot :) ).

Best tip I can think of is to save your tricks for the scoring push, not to get to a middle point ahead of your teammates. If you have a travelling pack of teammates, stay with them until you get a chance to make the final push (or hope that one of them is smart enough to get ahead of you). I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be in a convoy, healing the ball carrier, only to have them leap / sprint ahead faster than you can keep up and then die for some reason or another. If you can leap or sprint to their red zone, go for it, otherwise, don't get too far ahead of your team.

More frustrating thing in Huttball...

Ranged DPS firing at the warrior, ball carrier in the pit FROM THE LEDGE OF THEIR OWN ENDZONE!!!.

Seriously... how are people that bad?

That's not even skill... it's common sense.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Best tip I can think of is to save your tricks for the scoring push, not to get to a middle point ahead of your teammates. If you have a travelling pack of teammates, stay with them until you get a chance to make the final push (or hope that one of them is smart enough to get ahead of you). I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be in a convoy, healing the ball carrier, only to have them leap / sprint ahead faster than you can keep up and then die for some reason or another. If you can leap or sprint to their red zone, go for it, otherwise, don't get too far ahead of your team.

I'm assuming you mean the ball carrier? Cause for everyone else, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE run ahead of me. You are wide receivers, I am the QB, please run your route, don't stay in to "block".

No the most infuriating thing in huttball is to have the ball and spend the next 30 seconds "trying" to take 2 steps forward but you can't because you are PERMANENTLY rooted.

^^ This.

If there are two maras on the other side who know what they're doing... you are NOT going to move. It is the the most annoying thing to be rooted for that long and have ZERO resolve to show for it.

More frustrating thing in Huttball...

Ranged DPS firing at the warrior, ball carrier in the pit FROM THE LEDGE OF THEIR OWN ENDZONE!!!.

Seriously... how are people that bad?

That's not even skill... it's common sense.

I thought you were good at this game Ugly?

The goal line is the best firing position for a Commando. You can see everywhere so you can mortar volley everyone perfectly and then you can use Hammer Shots to clean up the mess.

This is why snipers are important to guard your half of the map. I remember when i was sitting at the goal line with enemy guardian in the pit, i can only imagine him keeping target on me and tapping leap button just in case i moved :D

No sir! I like my cover!

Must have been a bad guardian, that is like a gift for me when I'm playing my guardian, I'll just come at you from an angle, force push you out of cover then leap up to you.

No sir! I like my cover!

Still a bad idea without your stun immunity up. Hop up, stun. Leap, throw you across the line, leap again.

No one should be on the field side of the goal line at all if they have any knight/warrior in the pit. If you respawn and think you'll be useful down there, run down the line to a side or los them around a ramp.

Protip, if you need to be told that, you probably wont be useful down there and you'll fail hard at the ramp LOS. lol