Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 300 Rating Augments are pointless and not worth getting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The 300 Rating Augments are pointless and not worth getting

ExarSun
11.03.2020 , 01:31 AM | #71
Do not get me wrong, I am not that much against the new augments...just make them more accessible to everyone. Or what is gonna happen?? Some "big brain" would say hurr durr but HaRD ConTenT DeSerVeS beTTARRH riiWaards...its not hard really, certainly not ranked pvp. The fact that very few people play it does not make it hard, it makes it boring, time-consuming and unrewarding. But no, no we should lock it for a few guilds, because you know....reasons. Wanna make your buddies more geared and rich???
And that wouldn't bother me at all if there was a worthwhile content in this game for the past year and who knows how long forward in time.

I did my fair share of OPS, HM and NIM and the possibility of gear rewards were never my main focus there ..... so some new augs will magically turn most of the population to doing NIM Ops?...I rather doubt it. And would this augments help people clear OPS easier?....I rather doubt it. What they will do , though is create disparity in PvP.

If they want carrots, they should do them horizontally not vertically as they themselves have stated. Add some new gear set to the vendors, some unique lightsabers, etc. But why do that...when creating huge gaps between the game population (or whats left of it) is a "way better" idea.

Ansalem
11.03.2020 , 08:12 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
That doesn't make them worth getting for most people. Which is what the conversation on this posts and others have been 'mostly' about. 95%* of the player base don't need then, or will they ever need them. And at the price they are at the moment, most people probably won't. You will get the usual PvP ranked person that has to be on top, etc. Which of course will prompt others to get them. But in general, no they aren't needed. The only people that will push these are those trying to sell the mats/or augs

*rough guess, as I've no idea how big the ranked/NiM community is, and how many will actually run out to buy them.
A lot of folks have been farming them as the GTN is stuffed. They are definitely useful but again there aren't really a lot of people pushing nightmare progression anymore but there are pvpers who like those top 3 titles and mounts.
<Death and Taxes>

Star Forge
Döminiön dps arsenal

MagicTerror
11.03.2020 , 10:51 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Apparently BWs answer for people like me is that I should be spending my time (and/or real money) gaming the GTN. This is not an activity I find enjoyable, and so I have regretfully moved along. Mr Kanneg, Mr Musco, Mr Schmidt, Mr Steed, and whoever else may make decisions at BW: I am not a lost cause. I would like nothing more than to come back and enjoy your game. But, I need my issues, as a casual endgame player who doesn't enjoy GTN farming or crafting, addressed.
This is how those marketing shills get you: Create a new zenith of stat progression that'll barely edge you to victory over anyone who doesn't have it, which takes a ridiculous amount of time or effort to reach so that anyone who has a job can't possibly endure the raw grind...
But hey, it's okay it means you have money! Just buy a couple dozen hypercrates and you'll find plenty of stuff that's worth one augment mat.

EllieAnne
11.04.2020 , 07:22 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I mean, the 10th anniversary would be a good time for an expansion and they have teased "something big"
New mounts and armor that are the same as the old ones but in different colors.

VaceDemon
11.04.2020 , 09:29 PM | #75
Note to BW: new augments are NOT new content. Pls stop with this nonsense. One augment costing 3/4ths of a BILLION credits? Are you *********** kidding me? Stupid stupid stupid. Stop this nonsense, find other ways to do credit sinks and make some actual content. This is so unfair to people who do ranked or PvP in general but do not have the means of getting these
Click my referral link for free 7 days of subscription time, 1 free server transfer, and a bundle of goodies! Link can be used every 90 days too! Thanks for clicking!