Onderon Daily Mission Feedback

EricMusco

Faction/Class: Imperial/Powertech (AP)

Mission: Recording History

Seemed straightforward, though the crosshairs didn't turn yellow when mousing over the scan items. Couldn't scan the lair of the Untamed at all, despite parkouring around exhaustion zones. As was pointed out the "scan from here" indicator is on the opposite side of a rocky cliff with an exhaustion zone at the top. Speaking of which, are exhaustion zones in the middle of the map really necessary?

Unnamed Mission

Picked this one up from the terminal after grabbing all of the ones that were there. It had no name on the terminal, no name in my log and no name on the map. Still was able to complete it by going to the caves and clicking on the little yellow circles. It did not count towards the weekly.

Mission: Rooftop Rumble

Wasn't immediately clear when starting where the codes came from. Actually said "heck with this" and forgot about it, until way on the other side of the map I killed some npcs that dropped a code. That was an "ahhhhh!" moment. Took quite a while to figure out the ladder was clickable, and got up there just after someone else had done it and found the comm relay has a rather long cool down. That's going to be fun with several dozen people trying to do the same mission. Also, the two adds that spawn - both of them were called squad leaders, but they had no squads. I'd suggest renaming them to "Counter Intelligence Agents" or something.

The rest weren't bad at all. A+ on the planet, nice work with the world building! Has me looking forward to Mek-Sha.

Edited by Macarrin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked Onderon again in the newest patch (09.06)

• Thanks for changing a weekly! 10/10
  • Imperial weekly gave me a box with 9 pieces of green gear. The Republic one gave me a box with 1 piece. Unfair.
  • Still can’t find the 10th Republic daily, there’re 9.
  • Still have problems with [Rep] Combining the Wreckage. I couldn’t find the 4th datapad in the chain, there were none in the marked area. I remember where I got it the last time, it wasn’t there.
  • [Rep] Feed’s gone dark is still annoying. I found two marks and gave up.

As for [imp] Recording history, when I was doing the mission for the first time I didn’t bother to stay exactly in the marked areas. I scanned the lair without any issues staying maybe 15-20 metres away from the marked location. Looks like marker has to be moved.

[Rep]Combing the Wreckage is bugged for me too, can’t find the datapad anywhere.

Overall I suggest making the objective highlights easier to see, because the planet is visually stunning...but also busy, and yellow or green outlines that barely clear the ground can be hard to see in all the foliage. I don’t want to have to turn graphics settings down just to see what I’m looking for, Onderon is too pretty for that.

Please, please please please PLEASSSSE remove invisible walls from rooftops and stuff so we can have fun and go jump everywhere.

It has sadly been a recent trend of the fun police to put invisible walls everywhere to not make us go to places outside of the paths. I really love jumping around and when I saw the hunting lodge I got really excited and immediately went up on the roofs to go full assassins creed mode on my assassin and everything seemed so lovely until I hit an invisible wall, and another one, and another one and AAAAH PLEASE IT IS SO FUN BUT YOU RUINED IT PLS FIX :(

^This.

I was doing the same thing. I saw an explosion from a player fighing something on the rooftops, so I got curious and decided to find a way up to explore. After several dead ends due to invisible walls, I finally found a way up top. Unfortunately, I met other oddly placed invisible walls.

[Rep]Combing the Wreckage is bugged for me too, can’t find the datapad anywhere.

Overall I suggest making the objective highlights easier to see, because the planet is visually stunning...but also busy, and yellow or green outlines that barely clear the ground can be hard to see in all the foliage. I don’t want to have to turn graphics settings down just to see what I’m looking for, Onderon is too pretty for that.

The next to the last data pad is on the left side of the "entrance" that goes through the wreckage". You will see a pile of miscellaneous debris .. Some times you can't see while close to it. I spotted it while standing next to what would be the "black box" (or final pad).

The Queens necklace is the one thing I can't find. Is it on the same side ?

OH !

I'm on one of my alts:

Republic: Smuggler / Gunslinger

All missions were clear and easy to follow. Just have a hard time with the Queens necklace for some odd reason.

I change out my comps to see if there is any significant differences in game play: Lana / HK / Senya / Theron / Vette (all seem to respond just fine).

I have noticed several "seams" in the textures and a few odd pieces out of place. Some of them have already been reported.

I even went exploring a bit in one of the main building ( I'll edit with the exact name later) .. Excellent 3-D modeling .. good work !

Art department gets a two thumbs up !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

^This.

I was doing the same thing. I saw an explosion from a player fighing something on the rooftops, so I got curious and decided to find a way up to explore. After several dead ends due to invisible walls, I finally found a way up top. Unfortunately, I met other oddly placed invisible walls.

Would also appreciate the removal of these walls.

The name / location of the Mission.

"Onderon Collector" from "Datapad" (-621,-130,47)

Your faction / Class.

Imperial / Operative - Healer

Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?

It is not a daily. But the mission objectives are clear enough.

Is the Mission too easy or difficult?

Not able to finish the mission. Not too easy. The area's to search seem far too wide a radius for the extremely small clickable objects to interact with.

Necklace and Saber either have very long respawn timers, or are non-existent in the current state of the PTS.

Edited by LG_XxLegacyxX

The name / location of the Mission.

"Two Birds with One Stone"

Your faction / Class.

Imperial / Operative - Healer

Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?

Yes. Mission is clear. Interactable objects are easy to find.

Is the Mission too easy or difficult?

Not able to finish. One of the Beacon's or Relics does not have an area to place the collected evidence, and therefore the mission cannot be completed. Near the location of Kith's lightsaber.

imperial daily mission "Two birds with one stone"

According to mission text you are supposed to gather 3 items from Republic and then plant them somewhere. I never got past gathering the items. Either I am blind, or they are just not there. The area for the quest is teeming with Republic Special Forces, but they only drop trash items. The chests they are guarding are a part of bonus mission and can't be looted, you can only blow them up. The weapon, armor and datapad are nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Gelious

imperial daily mission "Two birds with one stone"

According to mission text you are supposed to gather 3 items from Republic and then plant them somewhere. I never got past gathering the items. Either I am blind, or they are just not there. Area's mission is teeming with Republic Special Forces, but they only drop trash items. The chests they are guarding are a part of bonus mission and can't be looted, you can only blow them ip. The weapon, armor and datapad are nowhere to be seen.

Weapon: Near the platforms in the back with the three destroyable crates on them.

Datapad: Tent on the south side of the central island.

Armor: Tent near the Proving Grounds.

• 1 month later...
Ok, either I'm really stupid or I'm just completely missing what I'm supposed to do.

Pub side. Quest: [Daily] Feed's Gone Dark - Place Motion Tracking Devices: 0/3

I have scoured the entire area and can not find anything to click on to complete this quest. I thought maybe I have the devices in my Mission Items but nothing there. I have floated my cursor over every tree, plant, rock, hillside, dirt road and mound. I dunno what to do? Was I supposed to pick something up from somewhere first?

Same Here. Even climbed all the rocks for the saber. Nothing