Has resolve changed in the last couple of months?

Dampiel

Greetings i am a returning player. I used to pvp all the time and have an expertise rating of 1354, i dont consider myself new to this games pvp as i have been playing since launch i just had to take some time off due to work.

That being said, when i pvp (which is the only thing i do in SWTOR) i notice that every time i encounter more than 1 enemy player, i am CC'd to death. And by that i mean i will have maybe 4 or 5 CC moves being done on my character but my resolve bar maybe only gets half way to being a white bar. So my question is has resolve changed to where while being CC'd any other form of CC has little to no effect on the resolve bar?

Greetings i am a returning player. I used to pvp all the time and have an expertise rating of 1354, i dont consider myself new to this games pvp as i have been playing since launch i just had to take some time off due to work.

That being said, when i pvp (which is the only thing i do in SWTOR) i notice that every time i encounter more than 1 enemy player, i am CC'd to death. And by that i mean i will have maybe 4 or 5 CC moves being done on my character but my resolve bar maybe only gets half way to being a white bar. So my question is has resolve changed to where while being CC'd any other form of CC has little to no effect on the resolve bar?

pretty much. bioware changed it so that resolve is more "noob friendly". bad bad bad decision imo

pretty much. bioware changed it so that resolve is more "noob friendly". bad bad bad decision imo

QFT. My previous post was dribbling with sarcasm. The change they did to resolve was the stupidest thing they've done to date. Followed by the short-sighted removal of on-use relics and the addition of augments. <_<

QFT. My previous post was dribbling with sarcasm. The change they did to resolve was the stupidest thing they've done to date. Followed by the short-sighted removal of on-use relics and the addition of augments. <_<

yup they removed relics and adrenals from pvp but kept the grenades and u don`t even need to be cybertech to use them

yup they removed relics and adrenals from pvp but kept the grenades and u don`t even need to be cybertech to use them

I've been cybertech since launch. Prior to 1.4, I didn't even have the stun grenade in my inventory because it built resolve. I always used the root grenade and occasionally the slow grenade. In 1.4 I realized that resolve doesn't matter anymore, so today I have the stun grenade and I use it very frequently. I only really use my root grenade in huttball.

The 1.4 change was ****.

An interesting reult of this resolve change, is that you can basically control how much of resolve the enemy will receive fom your stuns. Use two non-overlapping stuns, and he has full resolve, use the second stun sooner, while the first one is active and you can basically extend his CC without crossing the resolve threshold.

I've been cybertech since launch. Prior to 1.4, I didn't even have the stun grenade in my inventory because it built resolve. I always used the root grenade and occasionally the slow grenade. In 1.4 I realized that resolve doesn't matter anymore, so today I have the stun grenade and I use it very frequently. I only really use my root grenade in huttball.

The 1.4 change was ****.

lol - all the evidence one should need to revert the asinine resolve changes. but, alas....