Where is the stun immunity?

Psyclosis

Seriously Bioware, in PvP games such as huttball, you get the ball, get stunned, purge it, stunned again, and then again, you can barely take 2 steps if you have a few people stunning you 1 after another.

CC in this game sucks and needs to be addressed.

I disagree , Hutball is the type of game that you will be targeted if you run the ball. You cannot blame it on CCs and i think that if you run the ball trough the entire map it's a fail. Pass the ball to a friend and confuse the other team. Look at WoW in WSG or EOTS when you run the flag , it is the same and it will be always the same in objective matches like these.

This is my opinion :)

FWIW I think the OP is right, there are too many stuns that dont break on damage. CC meter takes too long to fill up, so by the time you are immune you are dead or nearly dead.

I dont mind losing 1 v 3, but I would like to have control of my character as I die, so I can at least do something.

*** has passing the ball got to do with being able to be stunned for 12 seconds straight?

the issue is that you should be immune to stun after the first 4 second one, not being able to be chain stunned (remember the fail in daoc with that one?)

What DAOC did you play....Being I played from SI+ and still randomly played on and off today...I dont remember any chain stunning once RA's where added to the game. I believe your thinking of WOW which has no immunities, just a trinket, then its back into stun. Of course I enjoyed my stun, stun, stun, vanish class

it doesnt work well, ptfg

Or at all. I typically have the bar full for the whole match and I never seem to be immune or resistant to any kind of CC. Would be nice at least if the CC break gave like 3-5 seconds of immunity so couldn't just be re'cced again.

What DAOC did you play....Being I played from SI+ and still randomly played on and off today...I dont remember any chain stunning once RA's where added to the game. I believe your thinking of WOW which has no immunities, just a trinket, then its back into stun. Of course I enjoyed my stun, stun, stun, vanish class

Back in the old days of daoc there was no immunity. Healers from mid could refresh their aoe stuns and mezzes. Kinda sucked they could keep everyone locked down to be killed 1 by 1.

Or at all. I typically have the bar full for the whole match and I never seem to be immune or resistant to any kind of CC. Would be nice at least if the CC break gave like 3-5 seconds of immunity so couldn't just be re'cced again.

It works fine, if not your blowing you CC break too soon, there was an awesome guide posted last week going over this. I wish the search was working so i could post the forum here but ill try and give you the basics.

1. Single stun/knockback will fill your resolve bar between 1/3 or 2/3. DONT USES YOUR BREAK YET

2. a stun/knockback that maxes the bar will still have its full duration even though your are now immune. USE your break at this point!

3. As the resolve bar drains your are immune to both stuns and knockback. Snares(10%-90% movement decrease) however will still effect you

Most people will blow there CC break on the first stun, tactical thinking PVP players know this and use it throw a cheap/quick CC first then there best CC after the person they are fighting breaks it making the immunity worthless.

Edited by Daraco

It works fine, if not your blowing you CC break too soon, there was an awesome guide posted last week going over this. I wish the search was working so i could post the forum here but ill try and give you the basics.

1. Single stun/knockback will fill your resolve bar between 1/3 or 2/3. DONT USES YOUR BREAK YET

2. a stun/knockback that maxes the bar will still have its full duration even though your are now immune. USE your break at this point!

3. As the resolve bar drains your are immune to both stuns and knockback. Snares(10%-90% movement decrease) however will still effect you

Most people will blow there CC break on the first stun, tactical thinking PVP players know this and use it throw a cheap/quick CC first then there best CC after the person they are fighting breaks it making the immunity worthless.

Yeah this is all fine and dandy except by the time those 9-12 seconds where you are completely helpless are up you're either dead or just about. The recipient of all this CC can't really use any of their defensive cooldowns, they require a guard AND focused healing to be able to live. Lets face it, when it comes to PUGs you're lucky to find a tank that isn't loldps and a healer that that can even ATTEMPT to heal through the focus that holding the huttball brings.

Honestly 9+ seconds is an ETERNITY in pvp when you can't do anything to defend yourself.

So you say "CC the enemy team!". Ok I'll throw a flashbang on the cluster, oh look a bounty hunter used Death from Above or some other random AOE broke the flashbang instantly and instead of actually helping the carrier with focus heals he goes unhealed while I run up to flashbang and dies.

They need to ditch this ****** resolve system and give immunity for 10x the duration of stuns/mezzes (so (40/80seconds) and 1 minute flat immunity after you have been pushed/pulled/rooted. This system (or something very similar) works and it makes people actually THINK about when they are going to use a stun so they can use it at a CRITICAL moment resulting in a kill/save. Chain stunning and training someone so they are helpless for 9+ seconds is totally asinine and just bad game design.

Back in the old days of daoc there was no immunity. Healers from mid could refresh their aoe stuns and mezzes. Kinda sucked they could keep everyone locked down to be killed 1 by 1.

You beat me to it.. Mid/Guin Thane here. Pain train FTW!