Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inc Nerf

TheLordMaster
11.25.2012 , 01:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
It is known that you can choose to make the stun occur early by clicking and removing your own bubble absorb (the game don't see any difference between the absorb running out of power, and being removed by the player).
It's like having a on-command stun with a reticle on the ground that you place by placing yourself.
I don't think it is smart thing to do since you sacrify the absorb effect, but it seems people do it on purpose.
Since your deionized you can throw it on your friends and they can run in and click it off to stun when your getting boofooed by melee. Since people like tank juggs hardly get focused first yes it is beneficial to sacrifice the absorb effect.
Warlord Pve - Corellian Run - Formerly Sweety of Mind Trick
< Infinite Darkness >
My SWTOR Stream

Calogerus
11.25.2012 , 09:02 PM | #22
Doomsday? Exactly what has BW done to the sorc that hasn't been a "doomsday" for the class?

And you honestly wonder why I jump to conclusions? It's statistics and past facts that BW has done to sorcs that make me jump to "conclusions." Not to mention the idiots complaining that it's op when they all have the highest burst in game. I will bet you money if I went to th pvp threads and complained smash an AOE ability hits me for 5-6k I would not get one BW post on fixing it and would instead get one that says working as intended.

I know most of us thought (and I have said this multiple times) that a Sorcerer based class would have high burst dmg and mid survivability. Well BW threw that into the fire now all we are viable (in pvp) for is a healer/support and now BW wants to take a support ability away; that's really all it is because any of us bubble sorcs know the dmg absorb is horrible.

Larry_Dallas
11.25.2012 , 11:53 PM | #23
Guess I'm in the minority in that I knew this would be a problem and think that it is now.

Would still like something back, though. Maybe a shorter cooldown on recklessness in the madness tree or a talent that could give just that tree the aoe knockback back.

Edit: maybe a set bonus that contains a proc that allows lightning and corruption to be immune to interrupts, like, 1/5 of the time.

Larry_Dallas
11.25.2012 , 11:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMaster View Post
Exactly, which is what made the bubble good. Go ahead and keep misunderstanding what made the bubble stun good which is that it didn't fill resolve much and kept the melee train off of people.
I see what you're saying, but that's sort of "two wrongs = right" reasoning. On a hybrid jugg or a tankassin, the bubble just made them unstoppable.

LarryRow
11.26.2012 , 08:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
The trolls are out and about.
lol you are just an angry sorc who has no idea how to make a coherent point, or understand one. Altheran and I have been pretty polite and constructive, but it seems you are so bad at playing your class that you cling to broken abilities and lash out when someone disagrees with you.

GG, my friend, GG.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMaster View Post
Exactly, which is what made the bubble OP. Go ahead and keep misunderstanding what made the bubble stun OP which is that it didn't fill resolve much and kept the melee train off of people.
Fixed that for you.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Hairyzac
11.26.2012 , 10:25 AM | #26
Aww I made a friend.

fungihoujo
11.26.2012 , 04:48 PM | #27
We knew it was going to happen the moment we got something decent- BW loves their warriors too much.

It's a problem that three players with a bubble can stun someone several times- but it's still no problem that three marauders or juggs can chain root you even if you're at full resolve and chain smash you to death in three hits.

If BW and marauders honestly cared about CC and not just getting sorcs nerfed- they'd take a look at getting roots to have resolve so at least when you're at full resolve you won't see that white bar go from full to nothing while a pair of mara sit on you.

Sorcs have stuns- yes, but we need those because otherwise we're just going to be rooted and interrupted non-stop.

Why not look at marauder/jugg damage, survival and CC before you look at the CC of the weakest damage class in the game- a class that has to stand still for most casts, has next to nothing for CC or damage protection, and the one escape can be countered by every single CC except for a snare.

I can understand the frustration of mara/juggs being chain bubble stunned by sorcs- because we've spent half a year being chain rooted or simply pulverized in seconds by marauders. Difference is- nothing at all has been done for sorcs (and the one thing that was done is now going to be nerfed) whereas the first time something that inconveniences marauders happened, BW jumps on a fix like lightning.

This is just not a good start BW. You know full well you demolished sorc sub numbers with 1.2, and sorcs warned you then that you'd lose them... and you did. Well, here's the warning again- you nerf sorcs into the ground even more, and all those sorcs that came back hoping f2p meant a new start are going to see you haven't changed at all and they are going to be gone- I don't think they'll give you a third chance.

Iowan
11.30.2012 , 11:45 AM | #28
Fairest way to balance this is to make the stun only available on the sorc themselves. Problem solved. It works how it was intended to work, to keep melee off the sorc since they are so squishy. Bubble still absorbs dmg on others, but doesn't stun when broken.

End of story, everyone is still happy!
The Vyle Legacy
∵∴∵ R E I G N ∵∴∵
Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

fungihoujo
11.30.2012 , 02:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
Fairest way to balance this is to make the stun only available on the sorc themselves. Problem solved. It works how it was intended to work, to keep melee off the sorc since they are so squishy. Bubble still absorbs dmg on others, but doesn't stun when broken.

End of story, everyone is still happy!
You're right, making abilities that effect multiple people single target only makes everyone happy.

So- going to get on making that thread on why predation should be self only and smash should be single target damage?

Our survivability depends on other classes- look back at all the threads telling sorcs to l2p for the last 6 months, they're all saying we need to rely on team mates.

Well- stun bubble lets us do exactly that- and nerfing it is a huge hit to sorc survivability and for the matter, usefulness in RWZ.

Believe it or not, this is a team game.

Consider why people are declicking this stun bubble like crazy- it's because it doesn't absorb meaningful damage. It absorbs maybe 4k or so buffed up- when any dps class can pop it in a single hit- some classes have more than one ability that hits hard enough to pop it.

Want a fix to people declicking? Take away the ability to declick buffs. Make the bubble absorb enough so it doesn't pop in one hit.

Oh- and make our survival and chances of getting into RWZ depend on some other abilities.

You people can't argue for 6 months that our class should suck at dps and need other classes protecting us at all times to survive- then whine when our survivability hinges on us using other classes to protect us.