Queue lines: Priority to paying customers?

LoneTraveller

Hi,

I did a quick search in the forum and found nothing relating to this. I've been paying my subscription since pre-order and I'm wondering what are the priorities in the queue line. Do f2p people have the same priority as a paying subscriber/customer?

No.

F2P's will keep on being pushed back in the line while a subbed player will be pushed forward. A subbed player always comes before a free player.

Nobody that pays for a subscription should ever see the "server full" message, period. If the server's full and paid subscriber wants in it should boot out the F2Per that's been on there the longest.

I'm serious. This is a major point of anger for me. They transfered my characters twice because of low server pops and now I have to wait in line to use their product that I pay for?

CRAP PLANNING, CRAP MANAGEMENT

Edited by bahdasz

Nobody that pays for a subscription should ever see the "server full" message, period. If the server's full and paid subscriber wants in it should boot out the F2Per that's been on there the longest.

I'm serious. This is a major point of anger for me. They transfered my characters twice because of low server pops and now I have to wait in line to use their product that I pay for?

CRAP PLANNING, CRAP MANAGEMENT

Orly....

Even when I have the Full (wait time over * insert random time*) ...when I enter the line I get instant access to the server.

Orly....

Even when I have the Full (wait time over * insert random time*) ...when I enter the line I get instant access to the server.

Funny you should mention that..... as I have position 430+ atm, with < "40" of wait time. You know, it takes a lot to chase me away from a game, the fact that I'm still here proves my point. Server queue's for paying subscribers is just poor business management.

No.

F2P's will keep on being pushed back in the line while a subbed player will be pushed forward. A subbed player always comes before a free player.

SAYS who????

I keep getting kicked to the curb from the server!!!! who says we as subs have Priority???

Lies Lies LIes

Funny you should mention that..... as I have position 430+ atm, with < "40" of wait time. You know, it takes a lot to chase me away from a game, the fact that I'm still here proves my point. Server queue's for paying subscribers is just poor business management.

maybe there are 430+ subs all trying to get on at the same time, and everyone already in the game on your server is a sub.

SAYS who????

I keep getting kicked to the curb from the server!!!! who says we as subs have Priority???

Lies Lies LIes

haha its so funny when people keep saying lies lies and are so sure that they are right when they are so utterly wrong XD

prefered AND subscribers do have priority in the login ques and compared to the others here i can prove it,

just read here and mouseover where it says GAME LOGIN, there it specifically says under subscription "PRIORITY STATUS IN THE LOGIN QUE" while under preffered it says MEDIUM PRIORITY STATUS IN THE LOGIN QUE

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Last week the Harbringer went down twice, the first time for an hour and the second time about 15mins or so. On the second server crash when I went to log in the que line was 1700+ and the game said there would be a 3hr wait. Turns out that having a sub got me back into the game in about 10mins.

Not. The. End. Of. The. World.

There are so many more important things in life to worry and stress over and get mad at, a video game isn't one of them. Furthermore, you're paying 15 dollars for 1 month. 168hrs / week, 672hrs / month (roughly), that's about .02 / hour.

Tell me, what fun things can you do that cost money which are only .02 / hr?

Yeah...

I remember when I played RIFT during launch, and wait times were 3-4 hours. THAT was a pain. This is like a 5-10 min wait for subscribers. Even when it says "40 minutes" its like a 5 min wait. Just enough time to go to the washroom, load up on water, clean the nasal cavity and check a quick video on You Tube (or smoke for those who do that).

Can't make em all happy, but people are alot happier with actually being able to play the game (as in Operations, flashpoints) and having to wait 5-10 mins.

Sorry it doesnt work for you.

Here's a pro-tip, we did this in RIFT during the massive server queues:

Grab a "pecking bird" (You know, the bird that keep pecking nonstop). Cut its legs down and jimmy it up to a point it can balance on your "forward" button. Go find a corner (any will do) and have it constantly peck the W.

• 1 month later...

I know this hasn't been posted in for a while now but I do have to agree with bahdasz, I've been sat in the queue for 40 minutes now, when I first joined, it was at <30 minutes now it's at 1h 10min T_T I'm a sub and have been since release, personally If I'm paying to play a game then I shouldn't have to wait in a queue to actually be able to play. =/

Another thing I don't get is right now the servers are only at "HEAVY" yet I've logged on before perfectly fine at 'Very heavy', so why is that happening as well? =/ Just seems stupid to make people who pay for the game wait to play it -.-

get used to this, it's the yo-yo effect of mmo servers. The game came out lots of servers, lots of waiting.

People got tired of the game, realized it wasn't for them and stopped playing we ended up with a lot of servers and a lot of people spread out amongst them.

then you get the inevitable "there's no one to group with people" so they shut down servers and force merges.

now they do a whole bunch of stuff to try to get people to play the game and they shrunk down to much.

Now they're going to be working on expanding the servers again because they don't want people leaving the game because they can't play, but probably by the time they fix that issue too many people will have left again and we'll be back to the low pops on servers.