Is The RXP Rate Story Player Friendly?

ZeroTypeR

I know some have played on the PTS for awhile now, so my question is:

Are the RXP rates better than the CXP rates were for Class Stories - ROHC - SOR, Exploration quests, Planet Series quests?

Haven't done that yet, tbh, i just went on to see the new planet :) BTW, it looks great, apart from when the ground and walls disappear...lol

Are the RXP rates better than the CXP rates were for Class Stories - ROHC - SOR, Exploration quests, Planet Series quests?

Short answer: Worst than CXP, you will get crates a lot less often.

Long Answer: It does not matter. Renown crates are a joke and not even a secondary means to gear, more like tertiary or even less.

Short answer: Worst than CXP, you will get crates a lot less often.

Long Answer: It does not matter. Renown crates are a joke and not even a secondary means to gear, more like tertiary or even less.

I figured as much, given BW's track record over the last 4 years. 'Play your way' lol right...

Yea, I've been reading complaints about Renown, and complained myself, it's pretty horrible atm.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I figured as much, given BW's track record over the last 4 years. 'Play your way' lol right...

Yea, I've been reading complaints about Renown, and complained myself, it's pretty horrible atm.

They never said anything about renown being the foremost gearing route as it stands now with command xp and it keeping the same drop rate. To the contrary, they explicitly stated that the new renown system is supposed to become the purely supplementary system that command never really was.

The 'play your way' slogan refers to the overall increased gear gains through other means (fp and op drops, changing and fixed vendors, crafting, etc.). It seems you just misunderstood their intention.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I think i didn't explained it well. There are a lot of problems with 6.0 in PTS and yes "Play your way" will definitely become a meme, soon™.

But Renown is not the problem. It will just not be as important as Galactic Command is now. You will get gear from other sources and renown will just be a box once in a while as a samll bonus that will not really change much. Getting more Renown boxes will not solve the 6.0 problems even if it were faster than GC.

It seems I did, in fact, misunderstand. However, when a company throws out the slogan of 'Play You Way', that shouldn't mean specific things, so therefor it should be named 'Play This Content' so as to eliminate any confusion.

Thanks for the info about how Renown works everyone, I'll be skipping the new gearing treadmill (mostly) this time around.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I didn't check how much rxp we get for story quest hand-ins, but weeklies didn't get a boost and it takes about 5x as much rxp as cxp to get a crate, so you might as just pretend rxp doesn't exist. To make it worse, we don't even get any fun fluff or companion gifts anymore. I'm pretty sure the plan is to disincentivise solo play. "Play your way, as long as it's group content."

I'm pretty sure the plan is to disincentivise solo play. "Play your way, as long as it's group content."

This sort of discussion inspired me on another thread:

I'm inclined to cite a famous line attributed to Henry Ford...

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

-- Henry Ford, in a sales meeting in 1909.

It seems appropriate in this situation.

And yes, SteveTheCynic is showing signs of being a cynic. Why are you surprised?

Hmm, I see. As a nowdays entirely story and solo player (98%) I can see a dramatic reduction in my SWTOR gaming time. I hope this changes in the remaining time until 6.0 starts. I thought like all the other updates and expansions players were supposed to wait anxiously with "Baited Breath" and all that for these times, but since these system changes have started becoming more and more known, I find myself starting to feel a foreboding almost like a deadline of 6.0. Now I wonder if I can even enjoy Mek-Sha, Onderon, Correllia flashpoint and other aspects of this new story.

System change coulda atleast waited, let everybody enjoy the story for a bit then drop the hammer.:confused:

Im happy if they disincentivitise solo play, this is an MMO, you solo players got 2 full expansions of solo stuff, Its the MMO portions chance now and thus the gearing system should reward those who play group content more than those who play solo.

Careful what your wish for.

By forcing the undergeared story players into pvp (they can and will be kicked from ops) you may cause both groups of subs to look for fun gameplay elsewhere, and there may be no funds for more MMO group play, or even just an MMO.

There is only one company that can afford catering to the hardcore old school MMO players, and they did it with style.

Edited by Mubrak

Careful what your wish for.

By forcing the undergeared story players into pvp (they can and will be kicked from ops) you may cause both groups of subs to look for fun gameplay elsewhere, and there may be no funds for more MMO group play, or even just an MMO.

There is only one company that can afford catering to the hardcore old school MMO players, and they did it with style.

Square Enix? Because right now they are kicking Blizzard's behind.

Im happy if they disincentivitise solo play, this is an MMO, you solo players got 2 full expansions of solo stuff, Its the MMO portions chance now and thus the gearing system should reward those who play group content more than those who play solo.

I haven't fully investigated the xpac changes yet but the solo play and the changes to flash points were my main reasons for being an on again off again sub for last year or so. I hope its a mixture of both. There are times I dont want to group but doing fps solo made little sense. But I also didnt like they were what "tactical" forgive me if thats the wrong word. Just make them like they were and let it rip

I'm pretty sure the plan is to disincentivise solo play. "Play your way, as long as it's group content."

That'll be my Sub staying cancelled then.

That's a bit of extra cash in my pocket to spend on stuff that is actually still fun.

All The Best

Im happy if they disincentivitise solo play, this is an MMO, you solo players got 2 full expansions of solo stuff,

Yeah, because the forums were full of Solo Players saying how great KotFE/ET content was, right?

I know more Solo Players who quit during KotFE/ET than at any time since.

While I agree that KotFE/ET was primarily aimed at Solo Players the problem was it was a) not really Star Wars, b) made no sense for half the classes, c) was pretty rubbish story-telling, d) overly grindy and had almost no replay value.

Now, if fitting content to solo play was too hard for them to get right in terms of player retention and satisfaction what hope is there of Group Content being any better.

All The Best

Im happy if they disincentivitise solo play, this is an MMO.

Yeah this will obviously force solo player to play group content, right ?

Well, nope. I can only speak for myself, but if i can't play solo, i'll just not play at all, and then, i'll clearly not pay not to play :rolleyes:

Anyways, i've been a sub long enough not to actually need to be a sub anymore to play the content i want to play, so i can still enjoy the story even if i'm just prefered...

And MMO only means that there are many people playing the same game at the same time on the same server and clearly doesn't mean that it should be group content only.

Else it would be called GOG (group only game)...

Yeah this will obviously force solo player to play group content, right ?

Well, nope. I can only speak for myself, but if i can't play solo, i'll just not play at all, and then, i'll clearly not pay not to play :rolleyes:

Anyways, i've been a sub long enough not to actually need to be a sub anymore to play the content i want to play, so i can still enjoy the story even if i'm just prefered...

And MMO only means that there are many people playing the same game at the same time on the same server and clearly doesn't mean that it should be group content only.

Else it would be called GOG (group only game)...

Exactly ^. I'm about 90% solo, so most of my play is story-exploration quests-planet story quest lines. I group if I 'feel' like grouping, PvP if I 'feel' like PvPing.

In the end; no amount of force is going to make me step into a group play focused grind if I don't want to, been there once with cxp, not doing it again; if anything, this update will help 'convince' me to unsub, which I'm strongly considering doing.

As it stands, I'll probably ignore the expansion completely and stick to 1 - 60(SOR) content.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I’m in the same general group of “prefers solo” does a bit of PvP or flashpoints if I feel like it. I’ve been a continuous subscriber since launch and have played a grand total of two ops in that time.

I’m an introvert and have nerve damage in one of my hands that makes playing even SM ops difficult. Solo lets me break when I need to without putting anyone else out. Pre-Ossus 5.0 was the first time I’ve ever managed anything close to BiS on even one character as a result.

If “group only” is going to be “the one true way” going forward I think it might be time to put my money elsewhere. I’ve been holding off on going to try out my first love (i.e. the rogue Homecoming servers for City of Heroes) because of the prospect of the whole thing getting shut back down again, but if there’s nothing worth doing solo here anyway, I’ll gladly put the money I’m paying here every month for trying to keep that running instead.

If I can't play solo, I'm not going to continue to subscribe or play. it's that simple. This game is supposed to be fun and I am not going to be forced to do group content I find horribly unpleasant.

Every single time SWTOR has attempted to force solo players into grouping it has gone down in flames - see all the players who said they walked away from the Oricon, Iokath, Shroud and Ossus and Dantooine heroics when they required grouping. What, it didn't work the first nine times but it will work the tenth?

I'm in the same boat as others here. I really don't see any reason to renew my sub past 6.0's release right now. It seems to be their prerogative to drive solo and story players away for some reason, and if they don't want my money, hey, that's fine. I do hope the raiders will be enough to keep the lights on, but I doubt they will be.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

For me same than for people above. If i cannot play solo i won't be playing at all. If RXP is only way solo players can gear up, it better be viable on it or i am out for good. Will be curious to see how far money will last when us "mostly soloing" players are gone.

How are you not able to play solo? You don't need to BiS to play solo (which you already getting by the way, playing solo), heroics and planetary quest is a joke, leave the game and come back later 2 hours you still will be alive. Companions are that good, mobs are that bad.

How are you gonna using your set bonuses now on a solo play ? You jump you attack once, that's it, it's dead.

And you will get BiS gear for doing that, it's just harder content will reward more which it should. I mean what are you asking here? Heroics dropping BiS?

Yeah, because the forums were full of Solo Players saying how great KotFE/ET content was, right?

Nah, it's because 1 full raid, 1 raid boss, 10 uprisings, 3 flashpoints & 20 world bosses don't count as the 5.0 cycle having group content, so solo players must take a firm back seat because 4 years ago in 4.0 group players were neglected and no amount of group content will ever make that right. Oh and let's not forget GC gave dirty solo playing scum a chance get BiS gear! Clearly solo players will need to run around in rags for a few years to make up for that horror! 🤨

Edited by Damask_Rose

Maybe they should change their slogan to GROUPING NOW MANDATORY, or something else a bit more accurate, lest they drive even more paying customers away. The game really can't afford to bleed many more people.

Nah, it's because 1 full raid, 1 raid boss, 10 uprisings, 3 flashpoints & 20 world bosses don't count as the 5.0 cycle having group content, so solo players must take a firm back seat because 4 years ago in 4.0 group players were neglected and no amount of group content will ever make that right. Oh and let's not forget GC gave dirty solo playing scum a chance get BiS gear! Clearly solo players will need to run around in rags for a few years to make up for that horror! 🤨

Pretty much this.

This forum has a large percentage of group players that use the term "solo" like some people pronounce the word "negro".

I like doing master story chapter mode, so I need good gear to do it, the best if preferable. So there you go, as a solo player I need BiS gear.

Solo players need a reason to repeat content the same as group players do. Yeah yeah, raiders raid for the challenge, with friends, the rush blah blah blah, but we all know it's for the shinies. Everybody needs a carrot at the end of the stick or they will just not bother.

I don't think group players ever have to worry about being without content ever again with the current management.