Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Medic- Skill Trees and gearing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Combat Medic- Skill Trees and gearing

TheSupaCoopa
10.23.2013 , 03:29 PM | #1
Duran'del Here:
Every player in this game has their thing that works for them. So, I was interested in what skill tree build worked for players and the type of gear.

This is my personal build;
Skill Tree
Gear:
-Stats(list all stats on your gear): I prefer to stack Aim, Surge, and Power. Alacrity is nice, but it's purely optional if you've speced First Responder.
-Prioritized Stats(list the stats you want most of): Power is prioritized for me over Surge, but Aim is the stat I like to have on most of my gear.
-Augmentations(list augments): Aim, power, and surge for me.

(Theoretical) Support Commando(Hybrid-ish build of CM and Gunnery)
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

schooch
10.23.2013 , 04:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del Here:
Every player in this game has their thing that works for them. So, I was interested in what skill tree build worked for players and the type of gear.

Skill Tree
Gear:
-Stats(list all stats on your gear): I prefer to stack Aim, Surge, and Power. Alacrity is nice, but it's purely optional if you've speced First Responder.
-Prioritized Stats(list the stats you want most of): Power is prioritized for me over Surge, but Aim is the stat I like to have on most of my gear.

please tell me this is for PVE.
Markoss-Commando medic

GNWP
10.24.2013 , 05:15 AM | #3
*Deleted*

TheSupaCoopa
10.25.2013 , 12:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
please tell me this is for PVE.
Yes, the skill tree is. The theoretical build is just that. A theory. It's something i did on TORhead(I do this a lot) The skill tree that is in gold text is my build I use.
Current 50's and 55's

Alzor
10.25.2013 , 08:56 PM | #5
I would strongly consider dropping "efficient conversions", "first responder" and "field training". I don't think it will benefit you enough to justify losing those points in the other two trees. Heck, I play Combat Medic 90% of the time on my commando and never use "first responder", and only put one point in the "field training" just to access the next tier. I think "first responder" is useless in my opinion.

I'd keep the points in "quick thinking" so you can off-heal a little more efficiently, and keep "cell capacitor" if you want, as a little extra energy never hurts. Otherwise dump those points back into the dps trees, preferably gunnery if that's the dps tree you're specializing in.

Alzor
10.25.2013 , 08:58 PM | #6
*double post*

haksilence
10.25.2013 , 10:18 PM | #7
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...cdzfGzZMccZb.3

this is realy the only option for PVE healing, as shown in my guide found here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635473
corrections for the stat prioritizations can also be found in this guide.

for the tree that you posted your are opting yourself out of A TON of the key abilities to maximize your healing.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

SpaniardInfinity
10.26.2013 , 09:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...cdzfGzZMccZb.3

this is realy the only option for PVE healing, as shown in my guide found here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635473
corrections for the stat prioritizations can also be found in this guide.

for the tree that you posted your are opting yourself out of A TON of the key abilities to maximize your healing.
The single minor change I'd make to your tree would be to take 1 point from either Kolto Residue, First Responder, or Efficient Conversions and drop it into Psych Aid. With all the cleanses that are necessary in later-game content now, the extra healing Psych Aid provides for Field Aid is actually pretty good. I've seen it hit around 1.5k on a crit (and I'm no where near fully geared) which makes life a little easier when there is a hard-hitting DoT mechanic in a fight. Kolto Residue only needs one point assuming you use it on cooldown and take Kolto Pods (since Kolto Pods refreshes Kolto Residue with each tick so there are four chances to apply the buff), and if you've got ~30% crit chance or so First Responder will almost always be up anyway with 1 point. The only use for Efficient Conversions that I see is for a free Kolto Wave/Concussive Charge, but that's an encounter-specific choice (there are some fights where an additional AOE is helpful, there are others where you'll be cleansing way more often than every 30s with Kolto Wave).
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

TheSupaCoopa
10.26.2013 , 10:55 AM | #9
Duran'del Here:

Skill Tree
Gear:

Theoretical build redux: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...ZrfcRMdRkbZM.3
Feel free to critique this one(The main objective of this build is to optimize the supportive capabilities of the commando)
Current 50's and 55's

Mastershroom
10.26.2013 , 04:15 PM | #10
Gear:
You can't prioritize Power over Surge; they're in two different groupings of stats, hence existence of Power/Surge enhancements. For a healing build, you should be maximizing both of those while minimizing Crit, Accuracy and Alacrity.

As for augments, go all Aim. Especially with a 9% Aim boost.