Deception sins doing 3x more damage than other classes

bladech

Seeing deception sins doing 8-9k dps with 60 k crits while being able to swap tactical items on vanish makes me think pvp is now for one class - deception assassin. No sense to play marauder, jugg or sniper.....

What class do you play and what gear rank are you and set.

Edited by allexj

now iam making deception sin ofc. No sense to play anything else. What set bonus should i take?

I mean no one can help you counter the spec if you don't explain what your toon mechanical advantages and disadvantages are.

Secondly once you survive the first and second rotations your gonna kill the assin cuz they have nothing left after that.

I mean no one can help you counter the spec if you don't explain what your toon mechanical advantages and disadvantages are.

Secondly once you survive the first and second rotations your gonna kill the assin cuz they have nothing left after that.

dude i have few gold chars from previous seasons, my ratings are 1600-1700. Iam not a noob. AT 6.0. i just see sins reck everything

dude i have few gold chars from previous seasons, my ratings are 1600-1700. Iam not a noob. AT 6.0. i just see sins reck everything

A good marauder or sniper still counters Assassin pretty well in a team setting. The raw damage of marauder + pretty good DCDs are hard to deal with as an Assassin and the Descent of the Fearless set bonus is absolutely insane for Marauder's damage. Sniper got a lot of really good kiting tools and has always been a problem class for Assassins. Operatives are another problem class for Assassins because of their roll and large sum of burst damage during a stun lock window with the Debilitator set bonus.

Sorcerers and Mercs are pretty easy to take down as an Assassin since LoS is a strong tool.

I could be more specific if you'd like regarding these classes and their specs, but there are some other classes that outperform Assassin if that's what you're looking for. Assassin is currently strong though, yes.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

A good marauder or sniper still counters Assassin pretty well in a team setting. The raw damage of marauder + pretty good DCDs are hard to deal with as an Assassin and the Descent of the Fearless set bonus is absolutely insane for Marauder's damage. Sniper got a lot of really good kiting tools and has always been a problem class for Assassins. Operatives are another problem class for Assassins because of their roll and large sum of burst damage during a stun lock window with the Debilitator set bonus.

Sorcerers and Mercs are pretty easy to take down as an Assassin since LoS is a strong tool.

I could be more specific if you'd like regarding these classes and their specs, but there are some other classes that outperform Assassin if that's what you're looking for. Assassin is currently strong though, yes.

all mara and sniper has is their big dps, they dont have vanish which removes combat and allows them to regen full hp, they don't have guard or taunts to save their team mates, they don't have as many cc's as sin has. But what sense of them if sin outdps them easily in both single target hits and overall dps??There is no sense of them now. Just tell me what deception sin set bonus i need, i won't play other classes until sin gets nerf

Edited by bladech

all mara and sniper has is their big dps, they dont have vanish which removes combat and allows them to regen full hp, they don't have guard or taunts to save their team mates, they don't have as many cc's as sin has. But what sense of them if sin outdps them easily in both single target hits and overall dps??There is no sense of them now. Just tell me what deception sin set bonus i need, i won't play other classes until sin gets nerf

Ahh, I thought you were saying you wanted to play a class that countered assassin. If you're looking to play Assassin then you should use the Death Knell set bonus.

Sins are supposed to do damage since they have little to no defence

If you're having problems taking down a sin as a gold ranked player that's memes

GO play ranked before writing this nonsense. Sins have double shroud now, so they aren't so easy to be killed as before + opportunity to change tactical items during fight allows sin to change them after vanish, for example to have dps tactical item but after vanish-regen take healing/warden tactical items so when sin returns back from stealth he is healed hard when focused again. ALL this make deception sin not an easy target

GO play ranked before writing this nonsense. Sins have double shroud now, so they aren't so easy to be killed as before + opportunity to change tactical items during fight allows sin to change them after vanish, for example to have dps tactical item but after vanish-regen take healing/warden tactical items so when sin returns back from stealth he is healed hard when focused again. ALL this make deception sin not an easy target

Firstly, nonsense - sins do have no defence.

To counter vanish - use nets or dots.

A tactical slot isn't that big a game changer.

What seems to bother you is the fact they're not like they were in 5.10 and 5.10 sucked for sins / shadows.

What seems to bother you is the fact they're not like they were in 5.10 and 5.10 sucked for sins / shadows.

That’s not entirely true. Tactical’s can make a big difference. Sins also have good defence if you pick the right utility or use them at the correct time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

you realize they can cleanse the dots right?

you realize they can cleanse the dots right?

Thats what happens when someone who doesn't know and didn't play ranked arenas starts to write on forum. He doesn't know about force cloak on vanish utility which allows sin to vanish even with net with using breaker and dispelling dots. He doesn't know about life warden tactical which heals huge amount hp when low.

Edited by omaan

Seeing deception sins doing 8-9k dps with 60 k crits while being able to swap tactical items on vanish makes me think pvp is now for one class - deception assassin. No sense to play marauder, jugg or sniper.....

I had a 70k crit on my sentinel and doing roughly the same amount of dps....You're acting like only sins can do this. their burst is high, but their sustained is trash. They are fine the way they are. If they mess up their opener they become a free kill.

I love the revisionist history I've seen about sins in 5.0. They were not nearly as bad as some are making them out to be. They were far better than pts and juggs, and they were on par with madness sorcs. People like to pretend that stealthing out, healing to full, and then choosing when to reengage isn't the best defensive in the game. They still had the ability to do that, often multiple times in a round. And offguard was an invaluable tool. Were sins below average in 5.0? Sure, but they were far from bad.

Thats what happens when someone who doesn't know and didn't play ranked arenas starts to write on forum. He doesn't know about force cloak on vanish utility which allows sin to vanish even with net with using breaker and dispelling dots. He doesn't know about life warden tactical which heals huge amount hp when low.

Wrong. When you vanish as a sin it always has to be timed right against mercs. if you stealth as soon as net is on you the net is going to take you out after 5 seconds because shroud doesn't remove the DoT from net, never has. It's also quite easy to die through life warden when it first goes off, if 2 or more people catch you in a hardstun and you got no breaker left, you're done. It doesn't heal that fast. (keep in mind you are going to usually be using it late round) However, this should be fixed so that mid round you can't switch tacticals when they actually manage to fix how cloak recharges.

Also, some of the posts I've seen in this thread are so ill-informed. To go back to the OP, mara and sniper both have great damage with great DCD's and mara has a lot of stealth's now. Mara's can actually stealth more than Sins or ops can right now. Getting out of combat on force cloak was never a guarantee because of how the game works. You can stealth out sure, but sometimes you will still be kept in combat even while stealthed. Mara's may not be able to get out of combat on stealth, but you generally see Mara's able to get away and heal up when they aren't chased. (which is often in solos) the amount of stealth's they have now is just going to make that easier for them to do. We have worse defence than we did before now with force speed down to 25% DR, 2 cloaks barely works because the recharge system is broken. Deflection just sucks, always has. We're just a glass-cannon now. Which I don't mind at all, its strong but it's not OP when you look at the strengths of other classes too.

Makes sense OP is a reroller.

I love the revisionist history I've seen about sins in 5.0. They were not nearly as bad as some are making them out to be. They were far better than pts and juggs, and they were on par with madness sorcs. People like to pretend that stealthing out, healing to full, and then choosing when to reengage isn't the best defensive in the game. They still had the ability to do that, often multiple times in a round. And offguard was an invaluable tool. Were sins below average in 5.0? Sure, but they were far from bad.

PT's could actually kill people in 5.x....Sins burst and overall dps was trash in 5.x

PT's could actually kill people in 5.x....Sins burst and overall dps was trash in 5.x

Dps pts in solo ranked were actual trash, and group ranked is dead. They were virtually nonexistent for that reason. They would always be focused first and always die far before they even got close to getting a kill. In tank/heal games they were decent, but obviously that's far from guaranteed.

Sins were not even close to that level of bad. Good sins could, and did, still win games in a variety of ways. On Star Forge in season 11, there were 0 gold dps pts, and only a handful of silvers, and most of those were likely just lucky placements. Meanwhile, there were about a dozen gold sins, and dozens of silvers. Go look at the leaderboards yourself. They are not even comparable.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Dps pts in solo ranked were actual trash, and group ranked is dead. They were virtually nonexistent for that reason. They would always be focused first and always die far before they even got close to getting a kill. In tank/heal games they were decent, but obviously that's far from guaranteed.

Sins were not even close to that level of bad. Good sins could, and did, still win games in a variety of ways. On Star Forge in season 11, there were 0 gold dps pts, and only a handful of silvers, and most of those were likely just lucky placements. Meanwhile, there were about a dozen gold sins, and dozens of silvers. Go look at the leaderboards yourself. They are not even comparable.

I don't pay attention to the leaderboards because solo ranked is a joke. Your rank means nothing in solo and honestly that mode shouldn't even exist.