Favorite voice actors?

Rebamcfan

My question is pretty simple, but who are your favorite voice actors in SWTOR, with classes, companions and NPCs? Who are those that are your absolute favorites, and those whose work you like in general? Also, are there any voice actors who you think really shine, setting their aside from others?

The voice acting in general is amazing in SWTOR, but there are quite a few voice actors whose works I really like.

On classes:

Athena Karkanis (female Consular)

Xanthe Elbrick (female Inquisitor, I loved her voice acting when I played the game with my first Inquisitor as light-sided, so much compassion and power in her voice)

Brian Bloom (male Trooper)

Jennifer Hale (female Trooper and Satele Shan, Jennifer seems to do really well with voice acting, in all where I've heard it, with KoTOR, Mass Effect and Clone Wars tv-series as Aayla Secura)

Mark Bazeley (male Warrior, absolutely stunning voice acting, so much power and arrogance, kindess and anger with one character, my playthrough as male Warrior was great!)

Jo Wyatt (female Agent, kind, convincing and loyalty really shined through her voice acting when I played with my Agent)

On companions:

Tasia Valenza (Kaliyo Djannis, not big fan of the character, but the voice actress does an amazing job in voicing this character)

Edward Hibbert (Talos Drellik, so cheerful voice acting, Drellik is one of my all time favorite companions)

Catherine Taber (Vette, she always had something funny to say, and trolling Baras with her was best :D)

On NPCs:

Jim McCance (Darth Baras, the emotion in Baras's voice during the final fight was chilling, all the rage and anger with it was perfectly captured)

Stephen Rashbrook (Darth Jadus, calm and threatening at same time, the actor really captured the essence of one of the most intriguing characters of SWTOR)

And finally, the actor who in my opinion, truly shines when compared to others: Darin DePaul (Valkorion)

When I first heard his voice in the "Sacrifice"-trailer, I was awed, literally. The way how he said the sentence "A man can have anything, if he's willing to sacrifice everything." sent chills down my back. I thought first that they had gotten Jeremy Irons to provide voice acting for the game! His voice is enchanting in a way, captivating and

manipulating, calm and seemingly changed man at same time. He did am amazing job in voicing Valkorion, and I wouldn't have minded to hear more.

Edited by Rebamcfan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, off the top of my head..

Male: Sith Warrior, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Andronikos, Malgus, Arcann, Jorgen, Theron.

Female: Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Trooper, Vette, SCORPIO and that Nautolan chick that works for her on Zakuul. Anytime Courtney Taylor (Jack from Mass Effect) shows up.

Generally love any returning VAs from the KOTOR games.

Edited by Atma

I've had a long time for my very favorites to distill. When I first played the game, Grey Delisle was my favorite and I didn't really know anyone else. I still love her voice but I'm most fond of my female warrior's voice, Quinn's voice, Vector's voice and lastly the male agent voice.

There are tons more voices I like but these (above) are always my favorite to hear, I never get bored of them.

Edited by grania

Hands down, my favorite is Natasha Little, who plays the Female Sith Warrior. She really makes the character special, whether you choose to play a SW as more DS or LS.

2. Catherine Taber (Vette) - She does a great job delivering all of Vette's cheeky lines, and she brings a lot to the character.

3. Lydia Leonard (Lana Beniko) - I think the voice acting does a tremendous part in making Lana who she is, and her voice is so unique and beautiful to listen to.

I also really like:

Jim McCance (Darth Baras) - He's malevolent even when he's just saying hello. It's brilliant.

Darin DePaul (Valkorion)

Daran Norris (Gault) - I don't necessarily always like Gault as a character, but his voice acting is so on point, and I love it.

Natasha Loring (Vaylin) - IMHO Vaylin is another character where the quality of this voice actor's work really takes her above and beyond.

Favourites...

PCs -

Female Trooper

Female Agent ( loved her as the fem agent, not so much as DA2's Hawke which is odd since its the same VA)

Female JK

Female Consular ( more so after the class story she has a chance to shine )

Male Sith Warrior

Male Bounty Hunter

Companions -

Aric Jorgan (oh my gosh his romance reunion was totally perfect), Arcann, Theron, Kira, Vector are by far my favorites there.

Edited by Suzsi

top one -- always is the gentleman who does Saganu --- ( and he does one more at least, can't remember the character)

WHO the heck is he anyway ?

good grief, the voice is to die for ... or as one of my MMO friends described one of the players she heard on another game ( btw, never got to hear him lol ) --- but as she would say, " his voice is S... on the microphone "

Female agent, female JK, female JC , female BH --- and the female smuggler ( she is adorable )

LOVE Mako -- sorry I just do -- Lacey Chabert is so cute -- and not too bad at movies and tv as well as voice acting

( and guys, she is beautiful, maybe not classically so, but so totally lovable looking, how could you not like her?)

1) Tom Spackman Male BH

2) Jo Wyatt. Female Agent

3) Xanthe Elbrick. Female Inquisitor

4) Mark Bazeley. Male SW

This, except switch 2 with 1.

I'll add a 5:

The lovely Ms. Hale as DS Trooper.

Edited by orangenee

Nineteen years ago (ugh, now I feel old) I experienced my first girl-crush, while watching a movie on an airplane with Lacey Chabert in it. That faded away some, over the years, but playing my first bounty hunter, who was going to be purely dark side, I immediately recognized that voice, and I could not help but do anything to make Mako happy..

There's plenty of good voices in the game, but that's the one that sticks out for me.

I also want to surrender to Master Oric Traless every time he speaks to me on imperial Assault on Tython, but sadly, I do not know who the voice actor is. :p

My Favs:

Richard Teverson as Malavai Quinn

Joe Gatt as Scourge

Troy Baker as Theron Shan

Michael Harney as Darth Marr

Stephen Rashbrook as Darth Jadus

Ifan Meredith as Vector

Natasha Little as Female SW

Kari Wahlgren as Female JK

Xanthe Elbrick as Female SI

Darin De Paul as Valkorion

Wow, not seeing much/any love for the male Jedi Knight va here. He sounds kinda bland at first, but he delivers some really great lines here and there, especially at the end of Ch. 3 and kotfe/kotet

Yeah he's not bad. Plus it's Solid Snake.

Male inquisitor: I can't stop laughing at "I'm not cute! I'm deadly!"

Quinn: Don't remember his name, but damn.

Jennifer Hale - she is awesome in everything.

Lana

Theron

But I was actually fan-girling over a lot of the minor characters on imperial side, because of the dragon age series. Kept running into Anders(beast pen master at the sith academy- among others), Fenris (cyborg imperial on Hoth) and Cullen(the imperial on Hoth, who is working together with a chiss).

Nineteen years ago (ugh, now I feel old) I experienced my first girl-crush, while watching a movie on an airplane with Lacey Chabert in it. That faded away some, over the years, but playing my first bounty hunter, who was going to be purely dark side, I immediately recognized that voice, and I could not help but do anything to make Mako happy..

And don't forget, she was also Meg Griffin from the first season of Family Guy, haha. Lacey's great, but for me, Georgia van Cuylenburg/Raina Temple is bae <3

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE5MDQ4MTA2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjc3MDgyMjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Arcann -#1. His voice is gold.

Next, would be Lana's: her soothing British voice really does it.

From the KoToRs: it's the Twin Suns: Seer'aa and Teer'aa (sisters). Very sexy, sleek unique voice(s). Their characters were great, which was a huge plus combining the dialogue and voices. And dressing like most teen boys' fantasy at the time didn't hurt either.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Suns_(assassins)

Edited by Willjb