The Double Discharge rotation (Dec sin in pvp)

Giopett_BSM

Sup guys, Giopett from The Harbinger here to help you out in your burst deeps with a unique rotation that utilizes the talents picked up from Deception tree. To understand how the rotation works, you need to know what talents make it possible and how they work. Theres a total of 7 talents that make the rotation do-able, and they're all talents that you would have picked up anyway and placed full points in if you're going to be running full Deception. Let me cite how this works in the rotation.

Chain Shock

When you activate shock, you gain a 45% chance to activate a second shock, dealing 50% normal damage

Very importation you pick up all 3 points in this, its vital to how the double discharge works. Chain Shock does have a chance to build 2 SC

Surging Charge

Charges your light saber with a raw surging force, giving your attacks a 25% chance to deal (weapon) Internal Damage and build 1 Static Charge. Static Charge stacks up to three times and increase damage dealt by Discharge

At least 1 stack of SC is required to used Discharge now, with my proposed rotation you'll have that one stack by the first 2 globals.

Induction

Thrash, Maul, Lacerate, Assassinate, and Voltaic Slash have a 100% chance to grant induction while Surging Charge is active, reducing the force cost of your next Shock by 25%. Stacks up to 2 times

Important talent that reduces the force cost of the overall rotation, vital that you have both points spent in this

Electric Ambush

While Surging Charge is active, Recklessness has a 100% chance to to build 3 Static Charges

The last change to the deception spec before 2.0 dropped, MAJOR buff to our burst. With recklessness instantly building 3 charges, in 1 globals you have a massive internal damage attack that is stacked up max power & instant crit. Super important to the rotation that you use this proc at the right time to do the most damage possible in your burst

Impose Weakness

Low Slash and Spike have a 100% chance to automatically trigger your Duplicity on a separate 10-second rate limit

Essential talent to your open on opponents (3 points in duplicity is a must in all deception builds

Voltaic Slash

Each use of this ability builds Voltage, which gives shock a 50% chance to automatically trigger your surging charge off its normal rate limit.

Voltaic Slash+Chain Shock+Surging Charge proc are the talents that build your surging charge. Chain Shock does have a chance to build 2 stacks of SC

It's important to know that by default you have Low Slash talent, its like, the most important ability talent in Deception.

Now for the Rotation

Spike

Maul

VS x1

Low Slash

Maul

VS x1

Chain Shock

Discharge

Discharge

Your chain Shock & first Discharge will not be an auto-crit, for the reason that the second Discharge is made possible by using recklessness. However, with this proposed rotation your first discharge will have the 3 stacks needed to make it damage for about 3k (Im in full Partisan, stacking power, no augments) on a tank. The rotation is free for any over abilities that you think will buy you the time to get everything off in time before you opponent can fight back (Electrocute, Overload, etc)

Thats it for the rotation, leave a post with your opinions or suggestions, ANY FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED

Could work but I assume you realize that your low slash will not proc duplicity with that rotation. You are also relying a lot on random procs that may or may not happen (IE, even if you do this sometimes you won't have 3 stacks by the time you are about to use it). Edited by JP_Legatus

Could work but I assume you realize that your low slash will not proc duplicity with that rotation. You are also relying a lot on random procs that may or may not happen (IE, even if you do this sometimes you won't have 3 stacks by the time you are about to use it).

Correct, but in this case the low slash is only for stun-locking to finish the rotation before any countermeasures can be taken, as it was pre 2.0. Essentially the whole rotation can be tried again by using force clock ( Electric Ambush reducing cd of Recklessness almost entirely) and when spike is off cd.

recklessness

spike

maul

discharge

shock

ls

maul

(maul)

assassinate

kills everything anyways, the rotation you propose is giving away so much dmg on the off chance that you are able to get through 6 or 7 gcds on someone without them popping all their cds, getting peeled for, getting stunned, etc. its not worth it (imo). the rotation i listed will net more dmg against competent opponents and teams than saving the recklessness for a 2nd discharge after 7 gcds on someone. it also shortens the time in which force cloak, recklessness, overkill on anyone can be done. i cant see popping recklessness that late in the opener being optimal. just my opinion though.