Remove the "[AREA 2+] Traken-4's Legacy" Puzzel!

I used over 2houres on this stupid puzzel. Its so hard sins the layout is hard to get an overview off and the mobs that spawn there are just irritating.

If you are to put in stupid *** puzzels then make them FUN not stupid like this! I had to waste 2 houres and only after using youtube, torhead & google did I manage to solve it.

Its NOT fun!

Edited by CoyDK

This puzzel can be made in so many ways thats fun, but they chose to make it nearly impossible unless you use tools like google/youtube exc. Thats not the ieader of swtor I hope.

I too spent a while on this mission because of the layout of the 3x3 grid... but I didn't spend past 10 minutes before just googling a lights on/off javascript site and took my time figuring out which spot was where on the grid. Here you go:

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

Edited by coolnamesrtaken

I have solved it, but WHY does it have to be so hard that you have to use tools to slove it. it dont make sende.

PS dumb *** remarks about my spelling is trolling in my world. English is NOT my main language so unless you learn my language deal with it.

You don't have to use tools to solve it. I've even posted a solution here some time ago that doesn't involve memorizing anything. Yeah, it's a reasonably hard logical puzzle - the only one in the game. Having trouble solving it? Tough luck, maybe because it's actually hard. Deal with it, don't ask to remove something just because it's a challenge.

• 7 months later...

I too hate this if you want to put puzzles in a game make them far off to the side. Area missions are akin to heroics and therefore should be a source of fun and not frustration.

On top of it being a major waste of time there is no reason to group other than let 1 person who knows what they are doing do all the work for you. The datacrons where you need 2 people are better puzzles than spending an hour or more fighting this. It would have been a better puzzle if you had to repair the turret then hit 2 or more buttons in unison then have to sit there and run back and forth from pillar to pillar hitting buttons over and over again. There was no story for a game that champions it's story, it's just hitting buttons for an hour.

This game lacks any form of basic combat tactics since 90% of the time it's just your average hack and slash game. So I applaud the attempt to make the player think but this is a pain in the rear not everyone likes brain-teasers. Make some thing tha tmakes me think not a repetitive task that gets annoying really quickly. For a MMO this game fails again and again at getting people to socialize. To be honest I've played FPS and RTS games that got you more involved with other players during a mission then this does.

I took up this game to replace America's Army 2.x which closed down ; ( and by comparison the cost, the lack of a social atmosphere and stories (on every class) that are far more boring than I could have ever expected is making me reconsider the subscription.

On a personal note I'd like to find the person who thought of adding this and smack them upside their head with a running chainsaw.

Edited by Leadspitndragon
addition

Find an online lights out solver, punch in the current pattern, click for solve and do what it tells you to do. Done. Was that really so hard?

By the way, you don't NEED to do this to solve it. I wrote down the current pattern and solved it on paper. I've done it multiple times without anything but a pen and paper. Tools are an option if you just can't do it by yourself though.

Edited by Prettyevilish

It's the way of the newer generations, were suppose to lower the bar to the dumbest person in the group.....

Yes, and that's what's killing the industry. You have to make a game that works both Hardcore and casuals.

WoW got that part right, if you want casual then solo play and LFG/LFR is for you, if you want hardcore then 25 Man Heroics and stuff like "Alone in the Dark" or "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" is want you want.

Even the current Op - HM TfB - isn't really "hardcore" more like, not for casuals.

From what Astral has said about NiM EC* however, it looks like there will finally be hardcore PvE content in SWTOR:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

*One of their PTS Ops guys told me that 8 Man NiM EC Kephess made 16 Man HM The Terror From Beyond seems like an easy boss. As long as BW doesn't nerf NiM Kephess they've renewed my interest in raiding.

Please don't remove this. OP is a damn child who wants his instant gratification

If it's too difficult, try drawing it out. It's simple, but it takes time. I remember the first week the game released my and my friends that started in the beta took an hour to do this, but it was fun having to stop grinding and grinding and actually use our heads.

There is a major difference between a hard and an annoying mission this one has almost no story elements, a lot of repetitive action and as far mentally challenging go play with the light switch in your basement for more of a challenge. Make a real puzzle not these half *** transfer of a brain teaser. Make people actually have to think not play a light out game make the actually have to stop for 2 seconds and go "well what about if I try this".

Also to those that said they enjoyed getting pen and paper to figure this out excuse the heck out of me for wanting a video game where I don't have to do home work to have some fun. If you really get off so much from writing stuff down why don't you go do a crossword and stop wasting bandwidth on a internet video game.

Yes I know if I don't want to do it skip it but at the same time I have a right to say that I think it is poorly designed and a waste of the data it uses up to exist. Play a brain teaser just for a crappy cut scene that does very little to progress the small side story of downing the ship. Wow the cut scene shows the turret firing at the ship but as I recall you don't actually see a hit and you don't actually see a crash. That's very entertaining the the 4th, 5th or 12th time through. For a game that praises it's story and dialogue so much it's one of the most lack luster cut scene in the entire game, heck the going to a planet cut scenes are more impressive and those are mostly just an image of the planet.

Now as developer you want me to waste time with the puzzle just for that, gear and loot aside it seams like you have to put in a lot of personal effort for a very minimal payoff. Call that lazy if you want I call it economy of energy and I see no reason data or time should have ever been wasted on such a pathetic attempt a a puzzle game. There are 1000's upon 1000's of way you could have made it an engaging and story driven puzzle with more to it then button pressing.

Here's an idea how about a string of simple puzzles how about one where you have to get the "pipes" lined up how about a jigsaw, how about a number puzzle. Some people's brains work in different ways some would naturally find a lights out puzzle easy while naturally others would find it extremely difficult that is the nature of a brain teaser it's is entirely dependent on the brain trying to work the problem. So it's unfair to others if for you it's easy giving a comment like "our generation wants the easy way out" when it's just not that simple, just cause it was easy for you by no means guarantees it will be the same level of challenge for someone else.

This was not designed well and there for should be removed while it is taken back to the drawing board. The puzzle is only one and is easier for some then others, the cut scene is weak and lacking in story for the effort an time involved, it's labeled as and area 4 meaning it could take a 4 person group to complete but the puzzle can be done by one person and minus the roaming patrols and those around the gun you never really are required to face an opponent that requires a 4 person group. It fails a meeting the grouping criteria that ever other mission labeled 4 seams to meet.

There is a major difference between a hard and an annoying mission this one has almost no story elements, a lot of repetitive action and as far mentally challenging go play with the light switch in your basement for more of a challenge. Make a real puzzle not these half *** transfer of a brain teaser. Make people actually have to think not play a light out game make the actually have to stop for 2 seconds and go "well what about if I try this".

Also to those that said they enjoyed getting pen and paper to figure this out excuse the heck out of me for wanting a video game where I don't have to do home work to have some fun. If you really get off so much from writing stuff down why don't you go do a crossword and stop wasting bandwidth on a internet video game.

Yes I know if I don't want to do it skip it but at the same time I have a right to say that I think it is poorly designed and a waste of the data it uses up to exist. Play a brain teaser just for a crappy cut scene that does very little to progress the small side story of downing the ship. Wow the cut scene shows the turret firing at the ship but as I recall you don't actually see a hit and you don't actually see a crash. That's very entertaining the the 4th, 5th or 12th time through. For a game that praises it's story and dialogue so much it's one of the most lack luster cut scene in the entire game, heck the going to a planet cut scenes are more impressive and those are mostly just an image of the planet.

Now as developer you want me to waste time with the puzzle just for that, gear and loot aside it seams like you have to put in a lot of personal effort for a very minimal payoff. Call that lazy if you want I call it economy of energy and I see no reason data or time should have ever been wasted on such a pathetic attempt a a puzzle game. There are 1000's upon 1000's of way you could have made it an engaging and story driven puzzle with more to it then button pressing.

Here's an idea how about a string of simple puzzles how about one where you have to get the "pipes" lined up how about a jigsaw, how about a number puzzle. Some people's brains work in different ways some would naturally find a lights out puzzle easy while naturally others would find it extremely difficult that is the nature of a brain teaser it's is entirely dependent on the brain trying to work the problem. So it's unfair to others if for you it's easy giving a comment like "our generation wants the easy way out" when it's just not that simple, just cause it was easy for you by no means guarantees it will be the same level of challenge for someone else.

This was not designed well and there for should be removed while it is taken back to the drawing board. The puzzle is only one and is easier for some then others, the cut scene is weak and lacking in story for the effort an time involved, it's labeled as and area 4 meaning it could take a 4 person group to complete but the puzzle can be done by one person and minus the roaming patrols and those around the gun you never really are required to face an opponent that requires a 4 person group. It fails a meeting the grouping criteria that ever other mission labeled 4 seams to meet.

If only the forum had an ignore list. . .

What I'm reading in the above post is a bunch of subjective statements. How's this one: I disagree with you. Leave it as is.