Gifts for Influence

Khevar

Yup, I know what you mean.

I thought it was interesting the STO added a "pause" feature for instanced content. The longer you're in the area, the more seconds of pause you build up (to a max of 45 seconds).

This game would benefit form more thought put into crew customisation in terms of combat like that but it seems it's going the opposite direction.

Also really hope they stop making story content so damn easy ( selectable modes for instanced parts perhaps? ) because 4.0 is just too easy, great story so far though but it's to the point they could have just made an animated movie and skipped the game because it's not very much fun when you basically can't die and that's before I've even bothered to upgrade any gear from the crappy 190's I'm in currently.

Also really hope they stop making story content so damn easy ( selectable modes for instanced parts perhaps? ) because 4.0 is just too easy, great story so far though but it's to the point they could have just made an animated movie and skipped the game because it's not very much fun when you basically can't die and that's before I've even bothered to upgrade any gear from the crappy 190's I'm in currently.

I don't know what you're talking about. My free level 60 in 188 gear (ok, a 190 MH) has died several times. Once I intentionally aggroed the entire map and then forgot to fight the mobs, and a few other times I loaded in and didn't realize that I wasn't in an instance, so other players killed me while I was alt-tabbed out (I roll on a pvp server).

Oh, you meant you wanted encounters that needed you to actively participate?

I'm reminded of a funny story from a guildy (purely anectodal and I wasn't there for this, so take it with a grain of salt)

But he was trying to solo SM Lost Island, back in the day. Lord Scourge was his companion while fighting LR-5, when suddenly Scourge ran away from the boss, dropped one of the energy coil bubbles, then leapt back to the boss and kept fighting.

:eek:

There appears to be some bugs related to companion tanks at the moment. While in tank mode, companions get a shield and absorb RATING, but that doesn't translate into an actual +PERCENT. I should really try this myself, but someone reported the combat log showed no shielded or absorbed hits, just defended hits.

Also, apparently threat is wonky? Not sure if this has been verified, however.

Best chance against a boss fight would be with dps toon and a heal comp. I think my Forex could heal a tactical flashpoint boss. Not sure about a HM flashpoint though.

My rank 20 Talos healed most of Czerka Labs HM.

We wiped once on the last boss as the other dps opened like half the tanks all at once, and the tank forgot about the boss and tried to tank the adds, and poor Talos got wrecked in seconds when the boss decided he didn't appreciate Talos healing the group.

Otherwise, we didn't have any problems, though I through out bubbles to everyone when the boss went into his extra damage mode at the end.

Edited by DawnAskham

My rank 20 Talos healed most of Czerka Labs HM.

We wiped once on the last boss as the other dps opened like half the tanks all at once, and the tank forgot about the boss and tried to tank the adds, and poor Talos got wrecked in seconds when the boss decided he didn't appreciate Talos healing the group.

Otherwise, we didn't have any problems, though I through out bubbles to everyone when the boss went into his extra damage mode at the end.

Groovy. Was it a 2-players / 2-companions run or a 3-players / 1-companion run?

What is your estimate on the viability of a 1-player / 1-companion HM FP run? (Assuming 220 gear on main toon + 250k influence on comp)

Edited by Khevar

Groovy. Was it a 2-players / 2-companions run or a 3-players / 1-companion run?

What is your estimate on the viability of a 1-player / 1-companion HM FP run? (Assuming 220 gear on main toon + 250k influence on comp)

It was with 3 players, all sub 65.

Our healer dropped and we queued up, waited like five minutes and decide to give it a try with my companion, and ended up finishing before anyone joined the group (which is rather worrying - several days into the expansion and groups take forever to pop or refill).

At 65 with gear and a pair of high rank companions, I'd assume any without really heavy movement requirements would be doable if the players were able to avoid all avoidable damage and are comfortable micro-managing the companions as needed.

Something like Tython would probably be very difficult if not impossible as the adds really need to die fast (they put out a lot of damage), and moving out of orbitals is critical while dropping orbitals on the adds shield is required to be able to kill the adds in a reasonable time.

Edited by DawnAskham