Renown Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Renown is now available for testing on PTS. A few reminders about Renwon:

• Renown is the replacement of Galactic Command, it does work a little differently.
  • The leveling curve of Renown is completely flat. Getting from level 1-2 is the same XP as going from 500-501.
  • Every crate has effectively the same value since it is giving you loot based on what your character is wearing. There are no "tiers" for ranks anymore.
  • Unlike GC, Renown is a supplementary system. It is not meant to be a primary source of gear.

With that in mind, let us know your thoughts!

-eric

Ok not got a pack yet. However you at BW really think 160000 is a OK number per pack? Really????

just over 5400 per a level 300 pack in GC, 160000 per Renown pack Really?

When I finally get a pack I will comment on its content.

Could be worse. Last phase it was 80k per level. Oh, wait... Maybe this is their way of saying Galactic Command/Renown is dead to them.

Wish that each renown box gave more than 1 piece of gear. I know this is a supplementary system for gear drops, but man, that hurt. 4 runs of flashpoints later and I get a single piece of random gear? Might as well not exist as a system.

Renown crates were giving me tanking gear, I'm playing a Sorcerer Healer.

Can you give me healing gear instead? Thanks.

really? I hope this is a glitch. It should be based on the spec your playing, if not the class.

Running a Merc healer, I managed to get 4 renown crates in doing all belsavis heroics, 6 balmorra heroics and 2 or 3 vet hammer stations. Some of the hammer station drops were for other classes, (mostly tank). The crate drops, I've gotten tanking gear and accuracy gear a few times. I guess I don't know what's best, but I think it would be better if either drops or crates catered to your class. Granted I haven't seen set bonus yet, I assume when those pop it will be for the right class and spec always? Edited by Krazhez

I opened 10 crates and the only thing that I noticed was empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shield, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, one lethal 75B mod, one armoring and one empty shatek saber.

Feels like it's not quite right yet and those shatek shells should be filled with something.

EDIT:

When you take these empty shells from the stash they magically get mods in them. I am the idiot here i guess, still confusing as hell cause I almost desintigrated all of them if it wasn't for someone saying it in general chat.

Also some of the mods and enhancements are "Undefined" and you will only see the stats appear when you rip them out. When you put them back in they go back to undefined and you can't see their stats anymore. I don't really know what to think of this but it feels unfinished.

Also more edit, got two boots and a chestpiece with accuracy and defense in them, yeah go home you're drunk Bioware. I hope these are randomly generated.

Edited by DarthYun

Renown requirement for the level up is too much, Musco said something about every FP giving you at least like 1.5 Renown Crates but I've ran through a few Veteran and Master Flashpoints but it didn't gave me even one per run. Even on Master Mode. Tried on groups that took short-cuts and groups that didn't but even the one that followed the "normal" pathway tot he bosses on Hammer we still didn't gained enough to level up with just one run. 2 or even three are necessary. As it is right now each Flashpoint Run gives you 2/3 Command Crates with the boosts, plus perks, the point of the new gearing system is for us to earn more gear, not less. So buff Renown XP gain a little bit please.

Renown crates were giving me tanking gear, I'm playing a Sorcerer Healer.

Can you give me healing gear instead? Thanks.

I've also had that issue where I had gained an DPS gear even though I was on Tank discipline. This also needs to be fixed. The gear scan is useful but its going to be frustrating if it gives you items with better rating from another discipline.

Well 4 hours of play and finally got 1 renown pack. Got just 1 item from it nothing else. Item was Sha'tek relic of devastating vengeance MK-1. Was an upgrade but very underwhelming for 4 hours of play.

Away from renown crates had just two pick up loot items, which were boots and throwers. OK you said gear would drop from everywhere so assume the low drop rate is just due to this been on the PTS. Renown box I got was just disappointing.

If Renown Crates are just a supplementary system, then I'd have to object to the regular item drop rate, coz it feels non-existent. Ran around 10 times HS Vet Mode, and I've ended up with something like 3 items on boss drops overall, that was "an upgrade". Everything else was a "side-grade". Including tank bracers that dropped for my Sniper. AMAZING !

BTW, did a bit of sniffing around and I've found out that with the current system, a Weekly, like CZ-198 and The Black Hole, only gives u approx. 100k Renown Points in total. Which is far less then a level. And it makes the whole experience of lackluster drops combined with the painful grind that Renown has turned out to be, to just suck massively. Not a pleasant experience whatsoever.

Well 4 hours of play and finally got 1 renown pack. Got just 1 item from it nothing else. Item was Sha'tek relic of devastating vengeance MK-1. Was an upgrade but very underwhelming for 4 hours of play.

Away from renown crates had just two pick up loot items, which were boots and throwers. OK you said gear would drop from everywhere so assume the low drop rate is just due to this been on the PTS. Renown box I got was just disappointing.

Had the same damn feeling running more than 3 runs of hammer station to be given some underwhelming junk in 1 renown pack that had tank stats in it, as a sorc healer.

I strongly agree with speedphlux here. The drop rates taken together seem quite slow at the moment. I think that's likely a matter of most content not giving drops and my getting bored of hammer station/kp quite quickly (though I didn't feel like they were giving much gear either... but I guess each run only takes a few minutes). The renown crate acquisition feels pretty slow even when running through areas with LOTS of ops trash (dxun is wonderfully evil and Matt is amazing). I think the majority of drops I've gotten so far either from the content or crates have been sidegrades and mostly useless. I have gotten one drop that was substantially better than currently equipped piece though.

Hey folks,

Renown is now available for testing on PTS. A few reminders about Renwon:

• Renown is the replacement of Galactic Command, it does work a little differently.
  • The leveling curve of Renown is completely flat. Getting from level 1-2 is the same XP as going from 500-501.
  • Every crate has effectively the same value since it is giving you loot based on what your character is wearing. There are no "tiers" for ranks anymore.
  • Unlike GC, Renown is a supplementary system. It is not meant to be a primary source of gear.

With that in mind, let us know your thoughts!

-eric

As it exists right now, even supplementary, it's vastly underwhelming. I get the intent is that they're not as plentiful as command crates have been, but 160k per level is insane given that you could get a Renown crate with a single piece in it if you have bad luck. 50k max would be a suggestion - hell, even the Ops weeklies don't even give you a full crate's worth of RXP for completing the entire Op.

Given that KP is either borked on PTS with the drops or has a drastically low drop rate on items, my personal feedback would be to improve the drop rate there - but for Renown specifically, lower the required points per level to something more reasonable.

Its actually better to not DISINTEGRATE gear. It's better to CLAIM it (which is confusing if you think about it) and then DECONSTRUCT it, so you get tech fragments, rather than a really small portion of more renown xp. That alone shows the system designed is pretty floored.

Also who wants both options of disintegrating and deconstructing and then picking an option to claim gear but actually you're just claiming it because you know its more efficient to claim it and then deconstruct it instead of wait for hours of farming old content to get a new renown crate which probably doesn't have what you want which you would end up disintegrating again... 10/10.

Remove Renown system or ensure disintegrating gives you tech fragments or something. Very convoluted system because you are trying to keep the galactic command system which was new but now as an old system but also implement a new gear system instead of replacing the old system. Kinda messy.

Its actually better to not DISINTEGRATE gear. It's better to CLAIM it (which is confusing if you think about it) and then DECONSTRUCT it, so you get tech fragments, rather than a really small portion of more renown xp. That alone shows the system designed is pretty floored.

Also who wants both options of disintegrating and deconstructing and then picking an option to claim gear but actually you're just claiming it because you know its more efficient to claim it and then deconstruct it instead of wait for hours of farming old content to get a new renown crate which probably doesn't have what you want which you would end up disintegrating again... 10/10.

Remove Renown system or ensure disintegrating gives you tech fragments or something. Very convoluted system because you are trying to keep the galactic command system which was new but now as an old system but also implement a new gear system instead of replacing the old system. Kinda messy.

Holy crap quoted for truth. Wish I'd read this before I disintegrated 4 renown crates of crap.

BW, if there's more than one option for how to make things go away that are in Renown crates and we don't want...fercrudsakes at least give us a "disintegrate or deconstruct or" option bar, with things greyed out if we can't do them?

Wish that each renown box gave more than 1 piece of gear. I know this is a supplementary system for gear drops, but man, that hurt. 4 runs of flashpoints later and I get a single piece of random gear? Might as well not exist as a system.

I totally agree. The way this is working now, I will never again try to gain Renown if this goes to live. It's a horrible horrible grind, with all the fun factor completely ruined. That's my opinion anyway. And I have 9 characters on Star Forge that are at Command Rank 300. Also....if it's a supplementary system.....just what exactly is the main system? I've missed something somewhere.....

So, the problem with having a shiny progress bar on the screen is, it’s so painfully obvious how much slower renown gain is compared to command. And while I understand it’s meant to be supplementary to loot or mission rewards, I feel like that effect could be achieved by using something comparable to a mid-range current CG level and reducing the number of items in the box to 2-3 instead of 4-5. One can even still be a miscellaneous-but-useful thing like a companion gift if you want.

One item for the amount of RXP needed to earn it makes that progress bar feel a lot less exciting to watch, you know? It’s actually kind of frustrating. Front-and-center UI elements should have payoffs equal to the amount of work you put into them. Please tweak one end or the other of this to fit!