New Content Next Month

irishtim

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

Thanks for the response. Will these new PvP items require Ranked Warzone comms and the corresponding War Hero piece? (ie. War Hero Force-Mystic Chestpiece for New Gear Force-Mystic Chestpiece) Are there any plans to open up the gear trading sytem to allow a Force-Master > Force-Mystic conversion rather than needing a specific piece?

Also...

Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear.

What... :rak_02:

Edited by Ashania

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already said in the past we won't be getting new story content until atleast next year, most likely after Makeb. by story content I mean 'Chapter 4'. Maybe those plans have or will change, but from all the info we've been given and the interview at GamesCom, they seem to be continuing with that idea.

So over the next 2 months we can expect a new Ops and then a WZ. then f2p will launch. And then most likely after that well get Makeb and some more Ops and WZ in like Dec/Jan . I can't see us getting actual story content for ages, most likely not until they do an expansion or something (if they.choose to make one, or just keep doing incremental patches)

Strictly speaking a world event counts as a "content release."

Another thing to keep in mind: BioWare has been quite adamant in "we're working on NiM Denova" and "NiM Denova is coming." I seriously doubt we'll see a coincide release of TFB and NiM Denova. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not saying the NIM Denova patch will be out in August, but it would not surprise me if it did.

Calling a world event " content" is a bit of a cheek dont you think, YES it leeps you busy for 10 minutes BUT what players are talking about is actual "content" meat and gravy stuff. Saying they (BW)are releasing content when this is all they get is a big joke. No force user weapons, sketchy quests, just a time sink, and I will not be driving around NS any more wasting my time.

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

Really need some clarification on how we will get the next tier of PvP gear. I have been sitting on my War Hero shells in fear of having to trade them in for the next tier. I would like to RE them as the mats are selling very well right now. Is there any chance that we could get a definite answer on wether we have to trade the WH in for the next tier.

Please don't misunderstand this post, because I really do appreciate your recent commitment to communication here on the forum, and I understand that there are things which you are unable to provide details on.

But I, at least, am not asking for details. At this point, I'm not even asking for "sooner" or "later". You must know internally whether story content updates are in the planning or development stages. If you could simply state, yes or no, whether there are plans for future story content updates, it would be much appreciated.

I couldn't agree more. What I want to know is if the promises of more story coming this year would materialize. I don't mean flashpoints, or ops, or anything like that, I mean chapter 4 of our class stories. Not telling us anything about the plans isn't going to help people keep subscriptions.

I'm not alone in saying that what people want is open world PVP not another warzone. We appreciate the new warzone, but grinding warzones -- new or old -- over and over and over again gets very boring fast. When is the promised fixing of Ilum going to occur. EA may not know this (and it would be sad if they do not) but layoffs have put fear into me and several of my friends. If the group they already had couldn't keep up with the amount of content we deserved, how is an even smaller group going to be able to? I always read the posts about new content hoping to have new light shed, but it's just an ops, a warzone, and a companion. All of these things, based on past experience, can be fully tackled and completed in under a month.

I don't think anyone on these forums is looking for tons of random "content" updates in the sense of simply more "stuff". Customizations are nice, and boosts or a new tier of items -- but where is the substance?

I guess if I have any question that summarizes the above, it would be this: Can (and will) the smaller and "restructured" development team that was left after the layoffs produce more story content (i.e. class chapters) and work on open world PVP at a faster rate than the huge team that existed previously?

If the larger team couldn't produce enough story content to keep up with the players or fix Ilum, then without a direct answer to the question above, the logical deduction would be that the answer is no. If that is so, I will consider leaving after my subscription is up, as I cannot afford to wait for the development of F2P systems and cash shops while loyal fans stay starved of significant content (i.e. story) and get a fluff update once every 3 months.

I just need some transparency. On an unrelated side: Seems like EA's stock would benefit from Transparency too -- and if it wouldn't, so help them when the next quarter comes around.

On that note, good luck with your work, and since my subscription will still be up, I look forward to seeing how good the new content is.

I used the word "demand" for a reason. I could have used "would like to". IMHO they had a lot of time to FIX this. Some classes can have more expertise than others, better stats on them and custom mods AND for some time also augmented offhand vs our not augmented. This should have been fixed a long time ago. I want to KNOW the logic behind this. Because i don't see any. Edited by Givemedanger

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty

New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

Some people will never be happy with a new launch of an MMO unless it includes +7 years of content releases at launch. :p

Well lets see what EA has to say on the issue

OH LOOK, Andryah and her "positive spinning" is WRONG yet again!

The person you accuse of being negative was infact just telling the truth.

Whats this? the 10000000000000000000000000000 time the facts have gotten in the way of YOUR VERSION OF EVENTS?

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Ops might be fun

Ill never even see the space content as no interest in that content

PVP, well we see, much prefer DAoC pvp on Ilum though then yet another Warzone. Still long as its not like Huttaball, it might be fun.

Edited by Kalfear

The new tier of gear in HM Terror From Beyond is higher-level than Campaign. It shares the appearance, but it uses a new color palette.

:hope_05:

Are you frakking KIDDING US ? I thought your heard all the complaints about the ugliness and ridiculousness of the current PvE appearances, thought you recruited a new gear art team a while ago...

The new tier of gear in HM Terror From Beyond is higher-level than Campaign. It shares the appearance, but it uses a new color palette.

In the name of.... what is with your promise that we become good looking gear? And now you will give us the most unpopular set so far again?

Are you frakking KIDDING US ? I thought your heard all the complaints about the ugliness and ridiculousness of the current PvE appearances, thought you recruited a new gear art team a while ago...

Wholesale changes to the armor sets in Game Update 1.2 are not possible at this time. Creating new armor sets is a process with a long lead time, so changes cannot be made quickly. However, we're listening to your feedback and that will influence things going forward.

Yeah, and they also said it was going to take a lot of time. This is obviously gear that was already created back when they made the 1.2 stuff. Would you just have them throw it out when it's already been made? They said they were going to start developing new stuff, but it's obviously not ready yet. I, for one, am just looking forward to the new content!

Ok, it's what I thought it would be, based on some of the previews of the new content.

COULD you please offer up some better colors this time. Please. Like some camo armor, or darker matte colors. For example, Kephess uses the same chest piece as the the campaign/blackhole trooper chest, but it's in a greenish camo patteren. Make this available for the new tier of gear. Not white/red or blue/yellow, which is what they are likely to be.

Edited by Flying-Brian

So you're just alpha layering the meshes.

Takes what ? A day of work effort for a whole set, at worst?

Seriously that's a shame.

Other games have gear dyes than gives players thousands of possibilities.

And thing is they aren't even more expansive nor have less content than your.

It follows the previous tier of gear. 136/140 same look because they are same tier. The new gear (presumably 150) will be in the same tier as campaign, hence the same look. They're not deviating from their previous formula. Also, what does it matter anyway? Social/Orange gear is generally where it's at if you're concerned with looks anyway. They haven't said they aren't adding new orange gear.

So you're just alpha layering the meshes.

Takes what ? A day of work effort for a whole set, at worst?

Seriously that's a shame.

Other games have gear dyes than gives players thousands of possibilities.

And thing is they aren't even more expansive nor have less content than your.

To be fair, other games don't usually allow you to rip all the stats out of your end game shells either.

To be fair, other games don't usually allow you to rip all the stats out of your end game shells either.

No, even better, most other games allow an appearance tab so we can look how we want and keep our stats on the armor we want.

What's the point of making you take all your mods out of an armor (and spending a lot of credits at high level to do it) when you can just allow an appearance tab which lets people look how they want without messing with the gear mods?

No, even better, most other games allow an appearance tab so we can look how we want and keep our stats on the armor we want.

What's the point of making you take all your mods out of an armor (and spending a lot of credits at high level to do it) when you can just allow an appearance tab which lets people look how they want without messing with the gear mods?

So you can min/max and actually customize gear?

So you can min/max and actually customize gear?

Yup and even more you can switch a whole set of gear in a single click or better a hot key.

You can also hide:

• Shoulder pads,
  • Gloves
  • Cloak / Backpacks
  • Feet

And well you can dye your gear.

All that with an even much convenient UI

Yup and even more you can switch a whole set of gear in a single click or better a hot key.

You can also hide:

• Shoulder pads,
  • Gloves
  • Cloak / Backpacks
  • Feet

And well you can dye your gear.

All that with an even much convenient UI

Sarcasm, or actually really did misread my post? I'd rather have the ability to completely customize my stats than have easy mode, vanity changes.