Looking for some advice about avoiding stunlock

JerevFalar

Hey everyone. Jerfal here. Just a question or two regarding stuns in PvP.

I play a sage and bounce between DPS and heal specs, and I was wondering how to avoid being stunned to oblivion by melee DPS, whether they be sent/marauder or guardian/jug. I have never been able to at least put up a fight in either spec against a melee class. I try to put some distance between us but anytime I finally get them rooted and far away they just leap to me, stun me, and before I know it, I can't move until I die.

I am not as much mad at the people who do this, in fact its the mark of a good player.

I am however, aware that there is some controversy with melee DPS being overpowered in PvP, or at least Sent's and Marauders.

Edited by JerevFalar

If you want to heal I suggest you to go Bubble stun healing.

If you want to DPS you got 2 options:

Madness: You got your 9 sec CD roots.

Hybrid : Knockback root and stun bubble like healer

Make your choice, but don't forget to run for your LOS and keep moving as much as you can. Throw a V-1 Seismic Grenade if your are in Deep s*** and run !!!. If you play agains't marauder in open area, try to stay close enough that he cannot Charge you, but far enough from his Melee ability. This is pretty tough, but you applie Slow you can easily do this. If he's Smash spec, which is the case 95%, he can use oblitrate and jump to you in small range ...

Good luck.

Edited by Rendolphe

Don't pvp. PVP is stunlocking central.

heh. "play a different game" comes to mind also. not being facetious. abundant stuns are a core component of the game, alas. everybody has 2 or 3 of them, and immunity uptime is comparatively short. there are very few times outside of rated matches where it pays .to stun strategically as opposed to a matter of course/rotation (hb being the glaring exception).

play a ranged class has already been mentioned. don't lead the charge. snipers have obscene immunity up time (compared to other classes; don't get your panties in a huff; I'm not calling for a nerf).

don't attack a group of ppl alone (dur).

if attacking a node, where are the likely places for a stealth to be? scan those areas. carry a bag full of grenades yourself so that you can counter stun and escape (a poor man's awe/flash).

from a ranged perspective, make use of los. don't just stand there like merctardo, announcing to ppl where you are. you'd be surprised how many melee never notice the ranged whittling down his hp before it's too late. lesson? kill them softly. :D

lastly, keep an eye on your own resolve. know when you're going to white bar. use that to your advantage. also, know what cc your opponent has. what kind of defenses. these will all determine what you blow and when.

and...um...don't heal. you'll white bar all the time...but you won't be very happy in the process. :(