Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa bugs

TheVoidStalker
03.12.2012 , 10:21 AM | #21
If Bioware could rewind time, their simplest solution to Soa would be to say "Soa is so complex that his fight changes every week."

It would be exactly the same as what we're doing now, but the hardcore idiots would have something to hang their hats on about the "planned difficulty" of the fight.

Merraith
03.12.2012 , 12:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KinkyFluff View Post
If someone is in the air when p2 ends and p3 starts, our dps were idiots for ever allowing this to happen
fixed

svartalfimposter
03.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #23
I would suggest that the sheer randomness of a lot of the events in this encounter is a signifier of very poor development and planning. I also would suggest that, once that actual bugs are fixed, some time is spent attempting to make random deaths and such impossible.
Quote: Originally Posted by killgorde
a great PvP game requires the devs only to facilitate and improve the environment within which the players themselves create their own content.

Merraith
03.12.2012 , 01:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
I would suggest that the sheer randomness of a lot of the events in this encounter is a signifier of very poor development and planning. I also would suggest that, once that actual bugs are fixed, some time is spent attempting to make random deaths and such impossible.
Aside from bugs that some people experience, the only thing that is random in this fight is who he's targeting to mind trap, toss in the air, and lightning balls. The fight even tells you now who the lightning balls are targeting. Timers might help some people, but nothing is so random as to make this fight impossible or even that hard really.

Chairbornrangerx
03.12.2012 , 02:16 PM | #25
We got bugged on Gharj saturday night doing EV regular mode. The trash mobs in the tunnel before Gharj, we pulled them out the entrance to the tunnel and used pushbacks to knock the trash mobs into the pit. Quicker than killing them.

Well when we got into Gharj after some time the platform just completely disappeared and we were all left standing in lava, no rocks to another platform, nothing. First time I've seen that happen
-Trilithm-
50 Sage

svartalfimposter
03.12.2012 , 02:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
Aside from bugs that some people experience, the only thing that is random in this fight is who he's targeting to mind trap, toss in the air, and lightning balls. The fight even tells you now who the lightning balls are targeting. Timers might help some people, but nothing is so random as to make this fight impossible or even that hard really.
I'm sure that on paper this is the case. We don't raid on paper.
Quote: Originally Posted by killgorde
a great PvP game requires the devs only to facilitate and improve the environment within which the players themselves create their own content.

Krissvalnorr
03.12.2012 , 03:40 PM | #27
Our tank and jedi were not able to explode their own ball on phase 2 last night killing them instantly passing from 20000 hp to 0 dead.....I had no problem with my smuggler popping my aborb skill and having around 3k damage.

We tried this about 5-6 time and wiping at 50% soa health.

We are having big issue with lightning ball that keeps killing everyone during the figth.

Merraith
03.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
I'm sure that on paper this is the case. We don't raid on paper.
In reality this is the case. His dead body for 9-10 weeks are how we raid.

Daltin
03.12.2012 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
You're cute because you pretend Lightning Balls not blowing up like they're supposed to doesn't happen in half of the attempts.

And, now that someone mentioned it, it was always the third pylon dropping square on his face that wouldn't break his shield. Interesting, indeed.

Khayleth
03.12.2012 , 04:47 PM | #30
Soa is bugging for us right now, I'm putting him underneath the pillars while tanking him, the pillar drops on him, gets the blood splash graphic, he kneels down, and is stunned, but the shield isn't dropping. This is awful.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol. Server. Referral link.