Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa bugs

Daltin
03.11.2012 , 03:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
its humerous that we get 325423958192 wrong answers from people who think they know what they are talking about ...

and ZERO answers from Bioware. on most of these bugs.
If you're insinuating that none of the above bugs are legitimate, I'm going to kindly chuckle to myself.

The reason why Bioware doesn't respond to most Soa threads is because they're probably more embarrassed about Soa than we are frustrated about him. Cmon, every single ability he has has a bug associated with it. Despite several patch notes of "Soa is fixed" all his previous issues are retained, along with new bugs. Every time.

el_conrado
03.11.2012 , 07:38 PM | #12
The weirdest thing that happened to my group today in nightmare EV was our tank being snatched into mindtrap before Soa even managed to land after second phase transition. Also we've been experiencing bugs mentioned above. Balls not blowing properly is the most annoying thing though.

Sebasaurus
03.11.2012 , 07:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
If you're insinuating that none of the above bugs are legitimate, I'm going to kindly chuckle to myself.

The reason why Bioware doesn't respond to most Soa threads is because they're probably more embarrassed about Soa than we are frustrated about him. Cmon, every single ability he has has a bug associated with it. Despite several patch notes of "Soa is fixed" all his previous issues are retained, along with new bugs. Every time.
He's right though. MY guild has downed soa 2 or 3 times now and the only REAL problem we've been having is the RNG of getting hit by balls and getting thrown around right after. other than that everythings been working fine

Daltin
03.11.2012 , 07:59 PM | #14
I left out an "issue" as well. There was a time where a Mindtrap went out, but no one was sucked into it. The DPS got the Mind Trap to 20% before I actually got ported inside. I loaded the inside, and then instantly loaded out of it due to the Mind Trap's death. This is one bug i didn't mind!

Daltin
03.11.2012 , 08:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebasaurus View Post
He's right though. MY guild has downed soa 2 or 3 times now and the only REAL problem we've been having is the RNG of getting hit by balls and getting thrown around right after. other than that everythings been working fine
I'll say the same thing to you that i've said to other people.

I'm glad your guild isn't having the issues with Soa's massive Bug Mode Difficulty. It doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Just like people who experienced loot distribution issues in Flash Points, who said "Lol RNG is RNG" don't understand the mathematical significance of what is/was actually happening. A static 25% chance resulting in the same 1-25 roll 13 times consecutively reaches the MILLIONS of chances of happening, and it was happening on a daily basis.

Just like the people who said Master Looter was bugged, but people chimed in "lol I got Rakata gear idk *** u talking about" , Those people were clearly on Free For All and didn't understand that yes, Master Looter WAS indeed bugged.

And, unfortunately, Soa has a massive and documented list of bugs. Sometimes you only get 1 per attempt, sometimes you get multiples.

Consider yourself fortunate that you've never experienced the "Cannot Benefit" resurrection bug from Combat Res, and Out of Combat Resurrections.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of instances where these bugs are occurring , but not being reported. Not everyone uses the forums. Someone has to stick up for the people that don't know any better, and that person is going to be me.

DarthBandeth
03.11.2012 , 08:28 PM | #16
My guild got the same bug, sent back to the entrance if they're getting tossed when he changes phases.

Pillars glitch hurts us the most when despite standing right under them, Soa's shield stays up, but I (the main tank) still take damage from it.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

Sebasaurus
03.11.2012 , 08:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
I'll say the same thing to you that i've said to other people.

I'm glad your guild isn't having the issues with Soa's massive Bug Mode Difficulty. It doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Just like people who experienced loot distribution issues in Flash Points, who said "Lol RNG is RNG" don't understand the mathematical significance of what is/was actually happening. A static 25% chance resulting in the same 1-25 roll 13 times consecutively reaches the MILLIONS of chances of happening, and it was happening on a daily basis.

Just like the people who said Master Looter was bugged, but people chimed in "lol I got Rakata gear idk *** u talking about" , Those people were clearly on Free For All and didn't understand that yes, Master Looter WAS indeed bugged.

And, unfortunately, Soa has a massive and documented list of bugs. Sometimes you only get 1 per attempt, sometimes you get multiples.

Consider yourself fortunate that you've never experienced the "Cannot Benefit" resurrection bug from Combat Res, and Out of Combat Resurrections.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of instances where these bugs are occurring , but not being reported. Not everyone uses the forums. Someone has to stick up for the people that don't know any better, and that person is going to be me.
No no, i do understand an we've had bugs too mostly on pylons though, but i find it weird how we down him everyweek and never have these problems Sucks for everyone that does though

KinkyFluff
03.12.2012 , 02:03 AM | #18
We've downed him on hard mode for about 4-5 weeks straight from january. First try took about 20 attempts, then every other attempt was done in 1-2 wipes at most. After those few weeks we haven't been able to down him again without major issues. I've seen pylons drop PERFECTLY on him and not remove shield; i've seen people die on the other side of the room in p3 when pylons drop; i've seen him in p2 with all 5 Aoe stacks, when we've killed every single pylon on our way before he absorbs them; every single time someone dies p2-p3, its a 99% wipe beause we CANNOT rez AT ALL in p3, even if we don't have the debuff, because said player isnt there. If someone is in the air when p2 ends and p3 starts, he ends up on the bottom floor, unable to do anything, and we can't see him. Lots of issues that we did not have when we did down him.

While this fight is a matter of skill, its also a matter of luck to not get the existing bugs.
Scar - Juggernaut

Legion of Krayt on Legions of Lettow

PenoNation
03.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #19
Took us a few attempts before downing HM Soa last night. On every attempt (including the kill), the 3rd Pylon to drop would not break his shield.

darkdelusions
03.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #20
Tuesday night we where also having issues with pillars breaking his shield. He would be under them and it would not break his shield.