Can you please change up the pathings in the Flash Points.

I'm sure this has been posted before. But regardless.

I've been playing this game for a few months ago and the only problem i have had with this game

is the Flash Points. Every time i get in one people are skipping through everything and missing out on XP.

I literally had an argument with someone who told me and i quote: "You get more XP from a fast run

then a full run."

I cant begin to imagine what goes through his head. But back on topic.

I really wish you guys could change FP's up so we cant skip mobs. I've done so little of the full

runs it enrages me. Not to mention when i have been able to get people to do them. Random gear drops

off of mobs that would never have been found if we just skipped through it all.

This is getting tiring and i really hope you can hear this whine of mine.

Full runs make it easier to level and i want this fast run crap to stop. You might as well make FP's a straight

road to every Mini and end Boss with nothings in between.

He is right. Fast runs gives you faster xp than full runs. The xp/flashpoint goes down, but the xp/hour goes way up, since the xp given for completing a random FP, the xp for the FP mission and the xp for the daily doesn't go up the more you kill.

If you want to get xp from killing stuff, you can easily do that on your own outside of FPs with the time you save from the fast run, and you'll probably be doing a mission at the same time, giving you extra xp from that.

He is right. Fast runs gives you faster xp than full runs. The xp/flashpoint goes down, but the xp/hour goes way up, since the xp given for completing a random FP, the xp for the FP mission and the xp for the daily doesn't go up the more you kill.

If you want to get xp from killing stuff, you can easily do that on your own outside of FPs with the time you save from the fast run, and you'll probably be doing a mission at the same time, giving you extra xp from that.

That still doesn't make sense. If you run through the entire thing you get every XP that drops. Yea its not much. But you full XP from the run and then whatever youre doing outside the FP's. It makes sense to do a full run for full XP and then get the end XP for the run. You level faster. And like i said i haven't played for so long. But isn't there inside objectives to do that apply to your legacy?

That still doesn't make sense. If you run through the entire thing you get every XP that drops. Yea its not much. But you full XP from the run and then whatever youre doing outside the FP's. It makes sense to do a full run for full XP and then get the end XP for the run. You level faster. And like i said i haven't played for so long. But isn't there inside objectives to do that apply to your legacy?

It makes perfect sense. Instead of getting 30k XP in one hour for a full run, you're getting 20k XP in 20 minutes with a fast run. I'm pulling numbers out of my ***, but that's the reasoning behind fast runs.

Ergo, you do not know how to do speed levelling.

You want a full run? Say so at the beginning of the flashpoint. You might find like minded-people.

Edited by JaydedHunter

It makes perfect sense. Instead of getting 30k XP in one hour for a full run, you're getting 20k XP in 20 minutes with a fast run. I'm pulling numbers out of my ***, but that's the reasoning behind fast runs.

Ergo, you do not know how to do speed levelling.

You want a full run? Say so at the beginning of the flashpoint. You might find like minded-people.

I always ask at the beginning but they all tell me to "No" and when i ask why they just tell me "Look up my achievements" like thats an answer. I dont understand it.

I really think it is who you group with. I mostly group with my guild and friends and we don't skip mobs. We tend to take the bonus inside the flashpoint as well.

Unfortunately i'm in a "Guild" but everyone left so its just me lol. I should find a new one. But i stand by what i

made and i just cant bring myself to getting into a new one :(

You might want to quit your guild and try to find an active social guild who doesn't mind full runs.

Or ask in fleet.

There's nothing wrong with full runs, but if you have a limited time for playing and/or have done this flashpoint more times than you can count, you'll understand why some prefer fast runs.

Edited by JaydedHunter

Hey dude!

There a few things that has already been pinpointed but I would like to make sure to go through the entire first post from you. First of all, skipping mobs is in fact a way to make you level faster, this is not only true in Flashpoint but while you level and is doing missions as well, skipping mobs = faster mission complete = faster mission reward experience. I do agree that there are occains when skipping is bad, but that would require you to have a overgeared group with massive AoE damage (like smash DPS or orbital) that fast can burn down a add group.

I get the feeling that you would like to level up as fast as possible and then I would recommend just doing missions on planets and then if possible make a guildrun or group up with friends for a flashpoint if you want to kill everything. However if you want to level up as fast as possible and are alright with skipping mobs, do it, the mission rewards you get from a quick flashpoint is an amazing way since low level flashpoints goes fast and there is lots of adds to be skipped.

It has been recommended before but join a nice guild, I myself joined a big Swedish community guild as soon as I started this game and there is always people to play with either if I want to do flashpoints, operations or pvp, I would recommended you to find something on the same level.

I always ask at the beginning but they all tell me to "No" and when i ask why they just tell me "Look up my achievements" like thats an answer. I dont understand it.

it means, they've been running that flashpoint so many times, its not fun to them to kill these mobs over and over and over anymore

honestly, killing trash is just grind.

its not worth it, especially when leveling, becasue chances are, your group is going to have someone higher leve then everyone else in it and you actually get fraction of xp for kills there, vs what you could get on your own, while questing solo.

on subject of WoW and AoE. it was huge contributor to making dungeons there a big giant borefest. hitting the same button over and over , every pack is the same as the last, no strategy, no cleverness not even the rudimentary "kill weak to strong" mobs you have in SWTOR once you overgear the need for cc ... meh. no thank you

Personally I have never said no if someone asks for a full run. If I join an Operation or a Flashpoint, I always make sure I have time for the bonus quests, instructing people and even wipe a few times. Sure, most of the times everyone wants a fast run and I don't have anything against it, but I don't mind watching the cutscenes and taking the long road. This is particularly true with characters I am leveling, because there is a chance that some of the others are either new to their class or the Flashpoint in general. So if someone wants to do a full run, I am all for it. Even when I tank, I always ask what people think, even though the level 55 HM FP gear is no longer relevant to me.

Personally I have never said no if someone asks for a full run. If I join an Operation or a Flashpoint, I always make sure I have time for the bonus quests, instructing people and even wipe a few times. Sure, most of the times everyone wants a fast run and I don't have anything against it, but I don't mind watching the cutscenes and taking the long road. This is particularly true with characters I am leveling, because there is a chance that some of the others are either new to their class or the Flashpoint in general. So if someone wants to do a full run, I am all for it. Even when I tank, I always ask what people think, even though the level 55 HM FP gear is no longer relevant to me.

"Full run" as in "all bosses and bonus" is always fine for me, but "full run" as in "kill every mob in the instance" is something completely different.

"Full run" as in "all bosses and bonus" is always fine for me, but "full run" as in "kill every mob in the instance" is something completely different.

Same thing. I'm fine with killing all the bosses and doing all the bonuses, but could we please skip the mobs that don't aggro unless you intentionally walk to them?

I think you're just getting unlucky groups, usually when i'm tanking i will ask the group what they prefer. In the last 4 weeks almost 75% of the time the group requests a full run. I have np's tanking a full run for people as most of the gear is inconsequential for me. I honestly que for the fun of it, i enjoy FP's, i enjoy the cutscenes. I enjoy the challenge of random groups as much as i enjoy the synergy of being with a group i'm familiar with.

I notice that MOST of the time the groups will follow wherever the tank goes, and as long as the tank pulls smartly (taking into consideration group comp, gear level, skill level, etc) the runs will be smooth.

I agree, completing 4x FP's in an hour = more EXP than 1 full FP in the same hour. Not gonna argue that because math as well as my own experience proves it is true.

The only solution for you is to understand the facts and the math, and to understand that those who said to join a different guild were not speaking down to your current guild only that a different one might suit you better.

Worst case, you have a group member drop in the middle of a FP, PRAY it's not a tank and continue on with a companion until a new member joins que. I have done this more times than I can count, que my healer, tank drops for w/e reason, pull my very gear'd tank companion and we finish the FP. No blood no foul.

Just keep trying man. Often times you can find people of the same mindset grinding away keeping to themself. Announce your intentions in gen chat and see if any like minded individuals pipe up. Keep the faith.

-Ifolad the Unmasked 55Jug Tank, Living Legend, Guild Veritas, Shadowlands

Same thing. I'm fine with killing all the bosses and doing all the bonuses, but could we please skip the mobs that don't aggro unless you intentionally walk to them?

thirded. I don't mind full runs/bonuses on hardmode either, but could we please not turn it up to extreme and kill everything whether we actually need to or not?

The thing is, some of these shortcuts aren't really faster than just burning down the group, or it entails jumping that could be a problem for people who don't know the exact way or have larger body types, or timing is important and one person a few steps behind will pull the group eventually.

So if i tank i will just pull everything on the main road. Not everything in the whole FP, but everthing in the way.

I don't wait long and will pull the next group as soon as cds and ressources allow it. But i don't skip groups that stands in my way and i will not use evade bugs to reset them like many players do in Cademimu. Waiting to get out of fight again and evade reset there takes almost the same time as just killing the mobs.

If i'm not tanking i will usually follow the majority but i always wonder why. Because having a good group the difference is maybe 1 up to 5 minutes over the whole FP, a time span you wait often enough for people being afk, zoning in, comparing gear or something like that, why is it such a big deal when you spend that time burning down groups of trash?

Especially in lower levels i can't understand why people are using every shortcut and glitch possible, don't do the bonus quests on the way, leave bosses standing that are not needed to get to the last boss (sad example Taral V) because with the legaycy XP boosts for FPs the difference is there. In addition waiting quite some time to get a full group, i just can't get it why you would want to be done with the FP as fast as you can. If you don't like running FPs just don't do it. Gear is obtained through other means just as easily and if it goes for XP only, quest grinding is faster. Why running FPs if you don't have fun with them, if you have fun why shorten your time in there that much?

I have misunderstood the first post then. Yes, getting every single mob can be very frustrating. I don't mind it per se though. It's also worth noting that the Flashpoint XP Legacy perk actually states you get extra XP for the enemies you kill rather than completing the quest. At least I am 90% sure that is what it says. If you spend a load of dough for that alt you are leveling, it might actually pay off in the end. As said, I am ready to go the extra mile, but I can see where the frustration comes in.

Got to say though, there is a part of me that enjoys the hilarity of skipping as much as possible. Taral V and the Battle of Ilum are notorious examples of getting quick experience by skipping entire sections. It is fun to see just how much you can actually skip without too much effort. I think the Battle of Ilum only requires two fights, the one at the console before the last boss and then the last boss fight itself. I ran it so my friend could get the speeder (Aratech Ice?) from that one quest. We had four level 55's, all geared up in Verpine and/or higher. Operative healer, Assassin DPS (me) and yet another Operative. I think the whole run took less than ten minutes.

I have misunderstood the first post then. Yes, getting every single mob can be very frustrating. I don't mind it per se though. It's also worth noting that the Flashpoint XP Legacy perk actually states you get extra XP for the enemies you kill rather than completing the quest. At least I am 90% sure that is what it says. If you spend a load of dough for that alt you are leveling, it might actually pay off in the end. As said, I am ready to go the extra mile, but I can see where the frustration comes in.

Got to say though, there is a part of me that enjoys the hilarity of skipping as much as possible. Taral V and the Battle of Ilum are notorious examples of getting quick experience by skipping entire sections. It is fun to see just how much you can actually skip without too much effort. I think the Battle of Ilum only requires two fights, the one at the console before the last boss and then the last boss fight itself. I ran it so my friend could get the speeder (Aratech Ice?) from that one quest. We had four level 55's, all geared up in Verpine and/or higher. Operative healer, Assassin DPS (me) and yet another Operative. I think the whole run took less than ten minutes.

In order to kill all the boses for the achievement, I've been running Battle of Ilum solo on my slinger. Only take about 15 minutes, I don't have to deal with people not space barring, and I make about 70k a run. Unless I'm the tank, I don't care if people don't want bonus boss or not but I always ask if they want to at the start.

In order to kill all the boses for the achievement, I've been running Battle of Ilum solo on my slinger. Only take about 15 minutes, I don't have to deal with people not space barring, and I make about 70k a run. Unless I'm the tank, I don't care if people don't want bonus boss or not but I always ask if they want to at the start.

As said, it can be done really quickly. I have done it solo once just to see if I can do it, but unfortunately I can't recall how long it took. I was on my Verpine geared Assassin and used Talos for heals (he is mostly in Black Market gear). Skipped all I could of course, so it probably wasn't more than 15 minutes.