Your que times are long as DPS due to your needy ways!

Here is my take on the current problem why ques are so long.

I have many toons on both sides. I have a tank, a heals and many dps.

So far tanking and healing, I'm not receiving any loot at all due to non stop needing from the DPS. If I can't gear up, I might as well just keep doing dailies and only run OP's because the repair bill and money from FP's is not worth my time and effort due to greedy DPS.

I always duo que with a tank if I'm heals or a heals if I am a tank.

Nothing worse than getting a drop you need for a healer or tank and the pure dps needs on it, wins and at the end of the FP you look at your bags and see nothing.

At least in OP's you can master loot but in Fp's you're held loot hostage by F2P and greedy DPS's!

I have had similar problems, but from tanks and healers, though alot of the dps do this too, the dps are just greedy and the tanks and healers tend to put out the whole 'i am the tank or healer, i am more important then you' this is where i just leave.

This is also another reason why i stick to doing guild runs, atleast i know the guild i am in isn't full of childish, greedy morons.

The worse problem for dps mostly is the long wait times, i mean, i tend to wait like 30-60mins for a group to be found and then there is a 50-50 if that group sucks due to players not having a clue on what to do, there was a juggernaut needing on light armor gear saying 'it has more endurance' i was like 'oh my word'

This is likely the common problem with mmos that have a group finder, its a breeding ground for greedy ninjas that have no clue on what is for their class and what isn't.

Nothing worse than getting a drop you need for a healer or tank and the pure dps needs on it, wins and at the end of the FP you look at your bags and see nothing.

Well, you can pretty much demand the dps to give up your loot. If he gives, you are happy. If not, threaten politely with ignore+kick, and if that fails too, ignore/vote kick, or leave the group as a last resort.

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. There are ninja looters on all roles, all classes, all servers...

And as previously stated it's way more likely for a tank to need on DPS gear than the other way around. What is a DPS going to do with shield/absorb when they have no shield?

Regardless, the reasons for long queues are:

• DPS is the most popular role and its player base greatly outnumbers any other role
  • Flashpoints drop what is now widely considered useless gear and no Ultimate Commendations
  • LFG operations grant 10 Ultimate Commendations whereas doing them 16-man awards 20 (TfB) and 28 (S&V) Ultimate Commendations.

LFG rewards need to be considerably increased to encourage people to queue. An idea would be to add some sort of LFG reputation (e.g. Republic/Imperial Frontline Support) and add reputation tokens and associated commendations to the LFG rewards. These commendations would be tradable for the usual items (pets, mounts, dyes, ...) on a reputation vendor.

Edited by Qvasar

LFG rewards need to be considerably increased to encourage people to queue. An idea would be to add some sort of LFG reputation (e.g. Republic/Imperial Frontline Support) and add reputation tokens and associated commendations to the LFG rewards. These commendations would be tradable for the usual items (pets, mounts, dyes, ...) on a reputation vendor.

I think 8-mans (including those through GF) and 16mans should just give same number of comms. The excuse was "well no one wanted to do 16mans" well now few wanna do 8mans. 2 new ops are the worst since they're not even in group finder so even less Ultimate comms. Make it even regardless of group size. Another excuse was "16 mans are harder because there's more people to manage so there needs to be bigger reward". Yes, it's true, but at the same time it's also easier because with more people there much more room for mistakes and more 'meat' to spare. There's a reason why teaching new players and "carrying" happens mostly in 16mans. So yeah, make it even. Edited by Pietrastor

Don't be an idiot. There are ninjas among all roles, both factions, and all servers.

Queue time as DPS are long because statistically there are way more DPS than tanks/healers. That and when you have decent gear at 55, FPs aren't really useful. A few Elite comms here and there if you do the HMs and even then you can max out the Elite comm cap with just a few ops.

Let's face it, there's barely any point running flashpoints at end game, except for weeklies. Which makes the queue time even longer, since people find running FPs useless or only do it for the lulz with friends/guildies.

Edit : meh, Qvasar has already said what I meant better than I do.

Edited by JaydedHunter

Don't be an idiot. There are ninjas among all roles, both factions, and all servers.

Queue time as DPS are long because statistically there are way more DPS than tanks/healers. That and when you have decent gear at 55, FPs aren't really useful. A few Elite comms here and there if you do the HMs and even then you can max out the Elite comm cap with just a few ops.

Let's face it, there's barely any point running flashpoints at end game, except for weeklies. Which makes the queue time even longer, since people find running FPs useless or only do it for the lulz with friends/guildies.

Edit : meh, Qvasar has already said what I meant better than I do.

Yeah, with my guardian I usually grab a healer from guild and I spam Athiss until weekly is done, since is the easiest and fastest since I have archeoloy and we can avoid most of those champs (only 2 to kill to get final boss). Yeah, noone cares about bonus anymore, it's utter garbage at this point.

I understand that this is annoying when you're playing a tank, but tbh, if the gear doesn't have alacrity, it can be used by healer or dps. Same thing with dps gear with no accuracy.

Anyway, as it has been said, ninjas are on all classes and roles, I think I've seen more tank ninjas than dps.

I have 2 geared endgame tanks.I have almost zero need to run FPs anymore(don't even need the ult comms) on these toon's. The HM 55 FPs are great fun despite not needing them. I say great fun when actually I mean if grouped with people that don't breath through the mouth. I actually feel bad for the people that are friendly and have 2 wait for ever 2 get in GF. Guna go out on a limb here and say that one of the reason's we(tanks) dont q is due 2 ,in part, the absolute total disrespect and finger pointing that goes around when the idiots cause wipes and cant simply say sry my fault and then move on.

For me its not L2P(I had 2), its not o c me mister awesome tank( cause i'm far from it), and or any reason other then the horribly bad attitudes. Where did all this anger come from ? I just don't get it? If more people made it fun to tank(cause for me its a blast), then id Q everyday.

Now I know all us reading and posting here aren't the problem. If you care enough to come here and better your game, then you don't need any help. Somehow we need an in general chat message that just spams " plz evry1 read the forums".

THX

Anyway, as it has been said, ninjas are on all classes and roles, I think I've seen more tank ninjas than dps.

Perhaps because tanks are taking advantage of the situation of being "rare", they can get away with it rather easily. Kicking a dps for ninjaing (or for any reason for that matter) is inconsequential.

Also, kicking doesn't solve anything. The loot is lost regardless so in the event of being the tank the one who ninjas, by kicking him all you do is lengthening your flashpoint. A s***** situation

EDIT- remove reply box as below is just a comment.

Do people still care about fp loot? Bonus bosses are pretty much ignored and the fp boss only gives BM garbage. The only thing it is remotely useful for is using the 69 enhancement in combination of a 61 armoring with the special ability for PvP. You can easily get by with the 156 gear-which you can easily get from oricon or czerka sm-for fps and sm ops, and everyone expects you to have verpine to do hm now anyway, making BM mostly useless.

As for ninjaing mats, just agree to need on all mats to avoid that, problem solved.

Also tanks do not ninja when they need on dps gear. Just because they tank in that fp doesn't mean they do not want to dps in a different one (or a different op). If they can directly use it, it is not ninjaing. Ninjaing is needing on an item that you cannot directly use for selling/companions/alts without asking first. Same thing with a dps jugg needing on tank gear. A dps marauder for example needing on tank gear would be ninjaing since marauders cannot be tanks and he therefore has no need for it.

Edited by sithBracer

Funny, but as DPS, I have the same problem.

Always from tanks. If it's a (rare) Der-pee-ess doing it, then it's almost always a dual-sabre wielder.

Maybe we should all just make an effort to drop the attitude? PuGs would be a lot less poisonous to our enjoyment of the game if more of us did that. (I usually hit "pass" nowadays, as I simply don't need most of the class/role-appropriate gear that drops in 50/55 HMs anymore.)

Do people still care about fp loot? Bonus bosses are pretty much ignored and the fp boss only gives BM garbage. The only thing it is remotely useful for is using the 69 enhancement in combination of a 61 armoring with the special ability for PvP. You can easily get by with the 156 gear-which you can easily get from oricon or czerka sm-for fps and sm ops, and everyone expects you to have verpine to do hm now anyway, making BM mostly useless.

As for ninjaing mats, just agree to need on all mats to avoid that, problem solved.

Also tanks do not ninja when they need on dps gear. Just because they tank in that fp doesn't mean they do not want to dps in a different one (or a different op). If they can directly use it, it is not ninjaing. Ninjaing is needing on an item that you cannot directly use for selling/companions/alts without asking first. Same thing with a dps jugg needing on tank gear. A dps marauder for example needing on tank gear would be ninjaing since marauders cannot be tanks and he therefore has no need for it.

hu ?

Seireeni said he has seen more ninjaing from tanks. I've especulated about the possible reason for that.

I didn't say anything about the worth of the loot.

hu ?

Seireeni said he has seen more ninjaing from tanks. I've especulated about the possible reason for that.

I didn't say anything about the worth of the loot.

Yeah I meant to reply to you but then changed it to a comment without noticing your reply box was still there. Sorry about that, will edit.

I see Tanks ninja stuff all the time and people try to ignore it because they are in high demand and they know it. i've actually seen Tanks Ninja more stuff than DPS Characters due to the simple fact that DPS is a dime a dozen and can be replaced within moments of being kicked and they know it too.

I had a Tank Ninja not one but 2 Desler Avenger's and then gave them to his guild buddies last night on a 16 man Classic raid.

Tanks can be D-I-C-K's to BRO.

I had a Tank Ninja not one but 2 Desler Avenger's and then gave them to his guild buddies last night on a 16 man Classic raid.

How did he ninja it? Did he set the looter rules to master looter and just took it or did he need on it? If it's the latter then he didn't do anything wrong (except taking both for himself). As a rule always roll need on ALL vehicles, unless you already have it. You should honestly vote need on all mats as well to prevent the one ninja.

I personally wait to see all the votes for the mats and if I see even one need, I need as well. If I see all greed, I will greed.

Edited by sithBracer

How did he ninja it? Did he set the looter rules to master looter and just took it or did he need on it? If it's the latter then he didn't do anything wrong (except taking both for himself). As a rule always roll need on ALL vehicles, unless you already have it. You should honestly vote need on all mats as well to prevent the one ninja.

I personally wait to see all the votes for the mats and if I see even one need, I need as well. If I see all greed, I will greed.

He ninja'ed it using Loot-Master and then when I asked if we could roll for thoughs, he ignored me and gave them to his friends in his guild. they were on the Op with us.

I am curious what the convention is on needing for tank gear if you are a DPS AC with a tank tree and sometimes tank.

I consider it good form to ask in /party in that case (in which case I have no problem with them needing on it):

"Do you mind if I need for my off-spec?"

It takes seconds to do, and can head-off so many problems before they even start.

Here is my take on the current problem why ques are so long.

I have many toons on both sides. I have a tank, a heals and many dps.

So far tanking and healing, I'm not receiving any loot at all due to non stop needing from the DPS. If I can't gear up, I might as well just keep doing dailies and only run OP's because the repair bill and money from FP's is not worth my time and effort due to greedy DPS.

I always duo que with a tank if I'm heals or a heals if I am a tank.

At least in OP's you can master loot but in Fp's you're held loot hostage by F2P and greedy DPS's!

No, the queue times are long as dps because there are more people who play dps than tanks or healers.

It has NOTHING to do with who needs or greeds on pieces.

maby its beter then BW do things difrent with loot dropping

i no about the ninja looters and yes there a pain in the butt

butttttttttttt if BW do it like GW2 do then every1 get the same loot but its up to you what to do with it

also remove the bound to charcter option so players can sell it

in my few its much beter and maby more wil do FP

and also ninja looting wont be a problem anymore becouse all get the same item

and if your lucky you get a item that suits you :)

Edited by ShadessaWayland

maby its beter then BW do things difrent with loot dropping

i no about the ninja looters and yes there a pain in the butt

butttttttttttt if BW do it like GW2 do then every1 get the same loot but its up to you what to do with it

also remove the bound to charcter option so players can sell it

in my few its much beter and maby more wil do FP

and also ninja looting wont be a problem anymore becouse all get the same item

and if your lucky you get a item that suits you :)

wut is this I don't even

I am curious what the convention is on needing for tank gear if you are a DPS AC with a tank tree and sometimes tank.

Is there an actual tank in the group of the same class? If so, the gear is his. If there isn't (or if you ask and he doesn't need it), feel free to need.

Think there's a lot of misunderstanding over the loot itself tbh and the DPS can generally be seen to have the lowest IQ (not saying they're all dumb but most of them hit buttons without knowing what much does etc). As soon as a shadow DPS sees a piece of equipment that's really meant for a shadow tank they will need on it (even tho it has more endurance or is in fact a shield etc)...