Server Consolidation

CourtneyWoods

People, as usual, are not reading. For the moment, they are doing the automatic transfers of the remaining players from the origin servers that most of us already transferred off of. Joveth did post in the PTS forums last week that they will be looking at consolidating some current destinations servers but that is not what this merge is, according to the post this thread is about.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, as usual, are not reading. For the moment, they are doing the automatic transfers of the remaining players from the origin servers that most of us already transferred off of. Joveth did post in the PTS forums last week that they will be looking at consolidating some current destinations servers but that is not what this merge is, according to the post this thread is about.

Canderous ordo was a destination server last time around. They are moving into Jedi Covenant tomorrow according to the consolidation matrix found on the transfer page.

Sooooo, at roughly the 6 month point when most mmo's are adding killer new content, you guys are just finally fixing the server issue that you've been sitting on since february... WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is why I left. You have been so long in addressing your customers issues that I just left along with scores of others. With GW2 out and fixing problems as they come up and already working on new content and TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS... you guys are not gonna last without an attitude change toward your customers.

Seriously, if you left, why are you posting this negative rant?

Actually no! Look at this matrix

http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list

Jedi Covenant, Canderous Ordo, The Constant, Krayiss Obelisk, Kathol Rift, Whitebeam Run, Khoonda Militia, Ki-Ta Kren, Kaas City, Fort Garnik, Hanharr, Sedyn Kyne, Keetael, The Corsair, Nathema, Zez-Kai Ell, Shii-Cho, The Courageous, Assassins of Sion, Eidolon Security, Axial Park, Keller's Void, Master Dorak, Juyo, The Defenestrator, Telos Restoration Project----> all of those servers are being transferred to jedi covenant as an example Edited by jupitorjones
wrong info oops

Based on what they put out today (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120917) it sounds like this will only impact people who remained on the old origin servers. Whatever server you had the option to transfer to willingly back when this process started seems to be the server you will be going to tomorrow night. For instance I was on Shii Cho and transferred to Jedi Covenant...so if you are still on Shii Cho...WELCOME TO JEDI COVENANT!

Disagree? Guess we'll see in a few hours.

That is my read as well.

That said, with the super servers in place, and the locked servers emptied, they can move on to the next steps, which they hinted at this week as further origin server consolidation. And ultimately.... paid sever transfers I bet sometime this fall.

That is my read as well.

That said, with the super servers in place, and the locked servers emptied, they can move on to the next steps, which they hinted at this week as further origin server consolidation. And ultimately.... paid sever transfers I bet sometime this fall.

Not according to the consolidation Matrix, even Canderous Ordo is getting consolidated and it was already super high pop..

Wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade the server capacity first....make sure that's working ok....and then do the forced transfers the following week? Given the frequency with which patches and updates seem to lead to more errors and bugs, this just has disaster written all over it.

Also, not a fan of the duplicate legacy name changes. There have to be a small percentage of players who are playing on the low pop servers still and have legacy names that might conflict with a legacy name on the server they are being sent to. Now, everyone gets to re-name their legacy and we're going to have duplicate legacy names continuing into the future? Great....don't be surprised if you go onto the fleet and half the people on the fleet have the legacy name "Skywalker". They should have just thrown these people with legacy re-names some bone instead of watering down the whole legacy name thing.

Actually no! Look at this matrix

http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list

The number of destination servers has decreased.

"Drooga's Pleasure Barge" which was a destination server for "Veeboo Lunx" is going to be transferred to "The Harbinger".

*sigh* transferred my toons once ( and lost names ) guess I am going to transfer this set again ( and loose names again) Oh joy! :rolleyes:

I wonder what torstatus will look like tomorrow?!? :D

+1 Good find. And I agree this paves the way at last for paid transfers.

The biggest problem with this huge consolidation is the number of people who are going to lose their names. If it had been simply forcing the locked servers to transfer it would have effected far fewer people (still sucked though), but now thousands will lose their names.

Bioware needs to give us non-unique first names now too. They need to overhaul the entire nameing system it is so fing broken at this point it is not even funny.

so how will the renaming be done, you said you took extra care at that.

will people that had to choose new names have to do so again???

If it works like it did with their test high pop servers it went by how long the person had the name. Granted in that case things were different we weren't being forced onto an existing server.