RotHC mission bonus objectives

swtonewbie

Hey everybody,

Returning player here, started playing early release in Dec 2011 been gone for a few months though. I just had a question about the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. A lot of the regular missions have those bonus objectives. There will be the main objective, but upon getting there you start killing mobs and it will update with bonus objectives.

Usually (almost always) the bonus objectives are something this:

kill imperials 0/30 then it updates

destroy 0/10 doodads another update

retrieve 0/3 documents

kill 0/1 elite droid

then you loot the droids power core or some such and you turn it in at a mission drop box usually for a reward of 3 commendations.

I explained all that stuff because I didn't want there to be any confusion with Bonus series missions that you do once all main missions are done on a planet. But anyways does RotHC still have those types of missions or has BW done away/minimized them? if not, are there plans to make the leveling content a little more exciting? I know that the bonus objectives and bonus series are optional, but I do them for the extra XP and the extra commendations. I want to level up some low level toons instead of one of my 50's but anytime I see one of these 'kill 0/30' objectives it kinda kills it for me.

The bonus missions still exist, but the ones that are a series, like the one you described, are few and far between. the bonus missions are usually one or two of those...at the same time.

kill 30 mobs AND collect 10 doodads

or

collect 10 doodads and kill 5 gold mobs

etc.

And in my experience, I very rarely had to go out of my way to get the bonuses completed - they were a natural extension of the main mission.

Yah with stealth toons it kinda sucks (which is what I'm playing now) but on my other characters that were non-stealthers it didn't matter cause you had to go through them anyways. But it just seemed like on some of the older missions they get carried away with the number of bad guys you have to kill. I think the Ord Mantell had you assaulting the last area and the bonus objective was to kill 50 bad guys. You end up killing that many and more going through it anyways but I don't see why that XP cant just be rolled into the main objective. Also I think on Coruscant, they had a couple of bonus objectives where you kill 15 then kill 30 then kill 45, then you kill the boss.

Kill XX amount of enemies was never my favorite type of mission/quest. I don't know if you play WoW and are familiar with the Nesingwary series of quests. But I think in recent years Blizz has redone some of those quests (which had been around for 7-9 years) and decreased the number of mobs you had to kill.

Intimately familiar with the Nessingwary series - they are one reason why, after doing the quests in Stranglethorn Vale, that I refused to go back there on my alts :eek:...Go ALLLLL the way North to get a quest, go ALLLLLL the way south to complete it, go ALLLL the way north to turn it in and get another, go ALLLLL the way south to complete that one. So glad with cataclysm they broke that area in two.

Getting back on topic, having the bonus quests means that doing that part is optional. As you said, with a stealth class you can bypass a lot of mobs and just get to the heart of the matter. Which in turn means you complete the quests quicker, you do lose XP for doing so, but it means you can do other things in that saved time to do things you enjoy.

yeah, on stealthers it's an effort taking that kind of bonus objectives, but on ''regular'' toons you have mostly of the times to kill 1-2 more groups and if you are in a new area/planet, taking the wrong way actually helps in these tasks:-)

i don't do them often, only if i'm close to the next level :-)

bonus series are a different matter, if i'm enjoying the history and the planet i'll take a look for sure.