Allow me to show you why MVP voting in warzones does not work

SinisterWarlock

http://imageshack.us/f/21/mvpl.jpg/

It's clear who the MVP was, 370k healing, 170k damage done, highest objectives of players on that team, 11 medals, only 1 death so I was obviously efficient.

Yet only 1 vote?

Look down to the bottom of the list where the near useless people were, who were not interested in objectives atall. A guy with 2 votes? This guy was MVP? Crappy system, it should auto allocate the MVP's based off performance because people just abuse it.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

what does MVP even do? Give you extra crdits/exp or is just a face value thing, if its face value it cant really be abused unless your offended by such petty things.

You get 50 extra valor and some commendations for every vote received. The valor can add up to a lot if everyone actually used the system. Half of people usually don't vote atall, they just leave, thus screwing over the people who helped the most.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

You get 50 extra valor and some commendations for every vote received. The valor can add up to a lot if everyone actually used the system. Half of people usually don't vote atall, they just leave, thus screwing over the people who helped them win.

Too bad nobody uses it then. Does anyone really care that much? You have to realise peoples opinions are different to statistics. I may sit on the middle flag all game, get my defender points. People may say I leech, others say im defending a valuable point meaning others can attack other objectives. Its subjective.

Equally, if your playing with friends (a scary thought), theyre more likely to vote for their friends than say the best person statistically. I think your being a little over the top about this, its not that bad.

well maybe someone other has been voted cause he was the right time the right place.

if i am almost dead, and get saved, maybe i do more remeber the name of that player instead that of the top healers, because he were somewhere else.

on the other side i maybe want to push my own guild mates.

its a voting, and it does not mean to vote for the effective player. you can vote the way you like.

11 medals, what more do you want?

Edited by Slechtvalk

I normaly vote for the one with the most healing done in my team to make them feel good and heal again :p

im not that effective in pvp but i allways get 1-2 mvp votes. maybe because my BH is called Bernd!? could be the only reason i see because pvp wise i suck :)

at least you get some acknowledgement from time to time as a healer, we the tanks dont get any, in one warzone i did 100k dmg, and about 100k Protection, yet not even one MVP vote, that is not even counting the damage prevention that is not even being showed on the interface, like if we "Taunt" a player he does 30% less dmg, we dont take credit for the dmg protected that way, or what about an "AOE Taunt", sometimes it hits like 6 players, that will do 30% less damage for 6 seconds unless they target me, etc. Me helping the healers stay alive, so they can do that ammount of healing they actually do, most healers healing themselves instead of the tank guarding them, NOT realizing that if i go down, they will down extremely fast, instead they could heal both me and them, and we would last longer.

Aniways the list goes on and on, people isnt used to tanks in pvp, yet we deliver unparalleled usefulness, yet we dont get acknowledge, i have yet to still receive any MVP votes, aside from guildies, when i deserve em.

The system sucks indeed, it should be auto-awarded, and 1 point protection > 1 point healing > 1 point dmg.

Why not post in the PVP forum? But to answer your question damage done/healing done etc doesnt always tell the story. Same with objectives, sometimes best that its the tank does the objective but because someone wants to get on the leaderboard a sage or smuggler does it. Healing again someone can sit at the back spamming area heals that just overheal everyone instead of using concentrated heals on the person who is actually taking the damage and keeping them alive. Same with damage people can go mad with AOE but not actually kill anyone because the damage is too spread out whilst someone who focusses everything on a single target gets the kill.

There is no "best" system and yes player voting is open to abuse ie you vote me I'll vote for you kinda thing. But automatic systems like in warhammer at the start which totally overlooked tanks who were tanking bosses in public encounters but the DPS were getting all the contribution.

Too bad nobody uses it then. Does anyone really care that much? You have to realise peoples opinions are different to statistics. I may sit on the middle flag all game, get my defender points. People may say I leech, others say im defending a valuable point meaning others can attack other objectives. Its subjective.

Equally, if your playing with friends (a scary thought), theyre more likely to vote for their friends than say the best person statistically. I think your being a little over the top about this, its not that bad.

If you sat on the control point all game and scored high objectives but low everything else, then yeah you didn't do much. But in a clear cut case of topping the charts hugely on every position, it is obvious who is MVP.

well maybe someone other has been voted cause he was the right time the right place.

if i am almost dead, and get saved, maybe i do more remeber the name of that player instead that of the top healers, because he were somewhere else.

on the other side i maybe want to push my own guild mates.

its a voting, and it does not mean to vote for the effective player. you can vote the way you like.

11 medals, what more do you want?

Nope, it's clear why people do it, they vote for their friends or guild members, always.

Totally agree with OP. I've seen it time and again where random people just vote for their friends rather then the actual MVP. Being a SW it's hard to get MVP and I rarely see any voted as such, but I do always have a look at the objective points etc and vote accordingly.

Maybe it's jealousy on the part of those who don't vote, and simply don't want to reward someone for doing well (even if it's their own team!!). Again, I'll add I'm rarely MVP or deserve to be MVP, so no trolling please :)

But an auto vote system would work. Give 'x' amount of points for every medal, every 50k of damage/healing etc. Maybe give people a small xp bonus for voting? I don't know, but I think most people just click off the screen without knowing what to actually do. Similar to the pass button in Hutt Ball... :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hah! You are worried about not getting voted MVP?

Why no complain about something more important like players not getting rewards for doing objetives?

Seriously... In every gametype, you dont' get rewarded for taking objectives nearly as much as you do just running around killing.

One medal for taking and dropping 5 hutballs over the line, while 29 kills got the(top scorrer) like 18 medals.

^ this is BS!

it's unfair scoring.