Artifice Shields

darsunne

I don't know if it is intentional or not, but why can't an Artifice make willpower shields for Sith Assassins/ Jedi Shadows? They can make foci, but not shields for them, but can make shields for Powertechs/Vanguards and Guardians/Jugernaughts? I just find it odd that the only class role in the game that they can't make the offhand item for is the Light Armor tank. Any know anything about this?

I know this was pointed out in Beta but I don't recall if they have officially said anything about the lack of Shield with those attributes. Most especially since there are, at least Shadow abilities, that can and are supposed to help with Shielding. Though, I am not that much hurt by having the extra strength off my Artifice crafted shields.

I have some Willpower shield recipes I've found, though there are none inherently part of artifice from what I understand.

Yeah, I finally found one that's level 37. Starts as prototype, and was able to ReEngineer it to the "Robust" Artifact level.

Might be the most sought-after recipies I've seen, outside of the rare color crystal ones...

Not a fix but an option...

I have made Focus's with shield bonus, you just have to get a critical craft result. I also think* that the focus critical has a good chance to proc the +shield.

But a focus wouldn't have the base shield chance/absorb on it, right?

Focus gets more Tech/Force power, and Shield gets 5% base Shield Chance and 20% base Absorb chance.

If you made a Focus with a secondary stat of +shield chance/absorb, it'd still be massively behind the 5% chance/20% absorb of a real shield.

So, not really an option.

Yea I'm not sure you're understanding.

If the choice is a shield with STR on it, which will lower your stats a bit over willpower, vs a focus with willpower on it and +shield absorb and you're a tank... that isn't really a choice. You take the actual shield.

That +shield absorb on the focus will give you a theoretically slightly higher shield strength than using nothing, except of course, you have no shield anyhow. You have a focus. Which won't shield you.

A str/end shield is still not a bad option for shadows/assassins. You will get that str bonus applied directly to your bonus damage and crit profile so its not exactly useless. Its not hard for these builds to get their str up well over 100 with only datacrons/buffs/items.