Snow ball CD needs to be shorter

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make the snow ball CD shorter. It takes way too long and it gets boring

No, please make it longer. That way I can go around the Fleet without morons throwing snowballs at me every step I take. (To avoid issues with the Rak plague, I can buy a vaccine. Where's the anti-snowball vaccine?)

I'd be ok with it myself. But one reason they left it was to sell the snow ball launcher a couple Life Day's back.

IE... if they were both on almost the same cool down... I'll bet people would scream bloody murder. I'm not one of them and I did buy the launcher. But that cool down does seem a tad long. ><

No, please make it longer. That way I can go around the Fleet without morons throwing snowballs at me every step I take. (To avoid issues with the Rak plague, I can buy a vaccine. Where's the anti-snowball vaccine?)

I mean when you are using it against the overheated droids. Its boring waiting 15secs to throw it again.

Ah, OK, understood. I normally don't bother with that stuff anyway.

I don't either.

But for those that do.... the SnowBall Cannon was a good investment as it has half the cooldown time. And because of the Cannon, I doubt they will shorten the cooldown on snowballs as it undermines the Cannon.

You can’t get the cannon any more :(

Yes you can. You have to pay credits for it. Cheapest on GTN on SS last night was 70mil. Dude on fleet was selling one for 50mil though.

People have them, just have to pay the credits for it. (Wait a few days & price probably will drop.)

Yes you can. You have to pay credits for it. Cheapest on GTN on SS last night was 70mil. Dude on fleet was selling one for 50mil though.

People have them, just have to pay the credits for it. (Wait a few days & price probably will drop.)

It’s so sad how these things can no longer be earned in the game

You can’t get the cannon any more :(

Question:

Is this your first life day event? You have been around for a while, so why did you not buy the cannon last year? Then unlock when they discount unlocks.. and you have it account wide.

Two Comments:

1) as others have already pointed out, there are other players selling them.. at very high premiums of course because of supply/demand.

2) It remains to be seen yet if the cannon is offered this year again or not.... since the event runs all the way to the 16th. They may very well be holding off on listing the cannon until the initial frenzy dies down going after droids, as they do not want an arms race for which players will come to the forum and accuse them of creating a P2W arms race over the event. Certainly players who already have a cannon and have unlocked it are all set..... but I bet many cannot even find it in their cargo and or collections. Tip: it is located in Collections in Cartel Market/Toys/Special for those who think they already have it in collections, or now want to unlock it in collections.

Edited by Andryah

Your opinion is shared by many, but I don't understand the hostility towards the players surrounding the Rak and Snowballs. There are achievements attached to doing this, and stuff to buy. If those two things weren't there and people were just doing it to do it, I might share in the annoyance, but why get mad at the players for something that is encouraged with rewards?

It's not like people are getting a kick out of dusting your characters personally. They're working towards achievements or currency, as designed and encouraged by Bioware.

Edited by aerockyul

^This. I'm all for holiday/seasonal fun, but.... the snowball thing gets old real fast. Can we at least get some option to turn off the visible effect? Yes, I know you can click it off. But that just leads to someone else hitting you with another snowball. I don't care if they throw it, I just don't want to have to look at it all the time.

Question:

Is this your first life day event? You have been around for a while, so why did you not buy the cannon last year? Then unlock when they discount unlocks.. and you have it account wide.

Two Comments:

1) as others have already pointed out, there are other players selling them.. at very high premiums of course because of supply/demand.

2) It remains to be seen yet if the cannon is offered this year again or not.... since the event runs all the way to the 16th. They may very well be holding off on listing the cannon until the initial frenzy dies down going after droids, as they do not want an arms race for which players will come to the forum and accuse them of creating a P2W arms race over the event. Certainly players who already have a cannon and have unlocked it are all set..... but I bet many cannot even find it in their cargo and or collections. Tip: it is located in Collections in Cartel Market/Toys/Special for those who think they already have it in collections, or now want to unlock it in collections.

Like this year, last year was the same with the Cannon be priced at well over 50 million on the GTN. In fact, even during the off-season I wanted to buy one and couldn't find it for less than 35 million on the GTN. BW never offered it via the CM last year, nor via any vendors, and the year before when it was actually released, I was away for most of December so wasn't able to get it then.

Yesterday on SF it was showing between 20 - 25 million and by the time I had enough credits to purchase it, it was no longer on the GTN. When I looked this morning, it was priced at 100 - 175 million. :rolleyes:

I'd love for BW to put the Cannon on the CM for direct purchase, but like last year when that was requested, it went ignored and was never offered. I don't hold out any hope of it being available this year either as if they were going to, it would've been put up when the new box, old box from last year, and the fireplace from a few years ago was also put on the CM.

Wow burned me out on doing events up until this year. so far I have done the bounty event, part of a gree event....and when i get on sometime this weekend i will start doing the life day event. While i may find the 15 second delay annoying...its not going to taint my time.

You don't get one.. Deal.

Your opinion is shared by many, but I don't understand the hostility towards the players surrounding the Rak and Snowballs. There are achievements attached to doing this, and stuff to buy. If those two things weren't there and people were just doing it to do it, I might share in the annoyance, but why get mad at the players for something that is encouraged with rewards?

It's not like people are getting a kick out of dusting your characters personally. They're working towards achievements or currency, as designed and encouraged by Bioware.

This. I'm usually not much for group interaction but the snowball thing is harmless and stopping the rakghoul plague is as simple as getting the vaccine. A bit annoying to have to keep topping it up all week, but it's not that expensive.

The only time the snowballs, sparkles, whatever bother me is when it's outside of the rest areas. I had someone hit me with a snowball once when I was in an area of the game that required concentration and the snowflakes were a distraction I didn't need.

I know most are aware but there may be some that are not. If you don't want the snowflakes on you, all you have to do is right-click the icon on your buff bar and they'll be removed. I know this is an extra step you may not have wanted to take or dealt with, but getting people to NOT hit you with snowballs would be more frustrating than just clicking an icon, I'd presume. :cool:

The only time the snowballs, sparkles, whatever bother me is when it's outside of the rest areas. I had someone hit me with a snowball once when I was in an area of the game that required concentration and the snowflakes were a distraction I didn't need.

People are distracted by them? I was already throwing them at my enemies in warzones, but I suppose I could start using it as my opener. :rak_03: Instant player stun!

I love these snowballs. I was a sucker for a good snowball fight as a kid, and now I don't get to have them anymore -- this is as close as I'll ever get. :p I would avoid people who dislike the snowballs, but there's no way for people to communicate this apart from writing "PLEASE DO NOT THROW SNOWBALLS AT ME" to the chat every 30 seconds, so, eh....sorry people? ^^'